Gilbert arenas ??

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ds_ready_to_dump_arenas_will_consider_buyout/

I mean , realistically, he is a perennial all star. At one time considered a league leading scorer, MVP level Max contract player who gave teams like the Cavs a run for their money in consecutive playoff series.

If we could throw ron artest money at him similar to the lakers.

I would take him at the PG for 5 million dollars.

Imagine

Arenas
Chandler
Gallo
Lebron
Bosh.

R.douglas
R.Barron
R.Walker
R.House
R.Rookie
R.Rookie

New New York

Quiet Storm
No way they buy him out!

Look that is a buyout that not even Isiah Thomas would do!

True he is untradable with a capital U, but buying his 80 million dollar contract out just to protect John Wall is dumb!

But let me just play make believe.....yes if Washington did buy him out, I would for sure consider signing him for a 2 year 11 million dollar deal.

Paul1355

All Star
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ds_ready_to_dump_arenas_will_consider_buyout/

I mean , realistically, he is a perennial all star. At one time considered a league leading scorer, MVP level Max contract player who gave teams like the Cavs a run for their money in consecutive playoff series.

Imagine

Arenas
Chandler
Gallo
Lebron
Bosh.

R.douglas
R.Barron
R.Walker
R.House
R.Rookie
R.Rookie
guys his contract is for 4 years and 80 million....thats not ron artest money

iSaYughh

Starter
What a coup that would be. With Douglas for protection.

I'd still make a strong play to assemble:

Curry + Chandler = Biedrins + Randolph

Gilbert-Douglas
Lebron-Walker
Gallo
Bosh-Randolph
Biedrins-Barron

Now is the time to acquire Randolph. And give unreal backup to the oft-injured Bosh while giving us star potential and really good rotation flexibility and dynamism.

Plus we get to allow Bosh to be the most dominant -pf- in the game.

Paul1355

All Star
What a coup that would be. With Douglas for protection.

I'd still make a strong play to assemble:

Curry + Chandler = Biedrins + Randolph

Gilbert-Douglas
Lebron-Walker
Gallo
Bosh-Randolph
Biedrins-Barron

Now is the time to acquire Randolph. And give unreal backup to the oft-injured Bosh while giving us star potential and really good rotation flexibility and dynamism.

Plus we get to allow Bosh to be the most dominant -pf- in the game.
doesn't anthony randolph have off the court issues?

I mean if he gets bought out. Which washington is looking to do, I see draft night craziness is ahead of us. But I am saying if they buy him out, gilbert doesnt lose any more, and They can buy out his 80 mil contract, They can settle for 50 million on the spot and both sides walk away looking pretty.

iSaYughh

Starter
doesn't anthony randolph have off the court issues?

Ive heard some stuff but nothing concrete. I should look into that more. If he has major ones then I'd say re-evaluate; even then it could be worth it if he could be ensnared.

A beast defensive prescense who can block, stl, and run the court as a big. He's scraggly and young and if he puts on some added strength I think he could get an offensive post game and be durable enuff to be a legit "starting caliber".

But as a backup to Bosh I think he's absolutely perfect, and would would give us really great matchup possibilities.

Warriors def want cap room. That in spades plus a young proven versatile player in Chandler, and a late 1st pick seems fair and beneficial to both teams.

Randolph might not be a star starter for them, especially anytime soon. We don't need him to be.

A deal for Biedrins makes a lotta sense. And in doing so we should go for the kill in getting Randolph. It's time we start making some power move trades for once.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
there was talks before the end of this season about them possibly buying him out so this story isnt far fetched

for the 5 million exception i must certainly would take him

Paul1355

All Star

Imagine

Arenas
Chandler
Gallo
Lebron
Bosh.

R.douglas
R.Barron
R.Walker
R.House
R.Rookie
R.Rookie
there is a good chance that Lebron would play a PG ro SG role if he came to NY so that MIke D can have a tall athletic team that would have a clear advantage with height, which could make up for his poor defensive coaching ability.

The apparent roster if we got Lebron and Bosh would be

Lebron
Chandler
Gallo
Bosh
A center

so you mean better defensive players to play defense in a league that if you dont have players who can play defense your coach looks like they cant coach defense.

I think that was what you meant to say.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Of course u look at a guy like that if he got bought out. If LeBron and Bosh signed here, he'd definitely choose the NYK. The question is would Bron and Bosh deal with his BS?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Or would there be any cohesion on offense, for that matter?

Arenas is a shoot-first point guard. I don't see that working out with the likes of LeBron on his team - it's the same reason Derrick Rose and LeBron aren't a match made in heaven.

this whole shoot first nonsense isnt really all there is to look at. I mean essentially there are only 4 or 5 non shoot first players in this league, and other than kidd they all avg almost 20 a game so. This offense would drop 112 ppg. Shoot first or shoot second that wins you over 55 games in this league.

is that supposed to mean there was a thread already made for this, because it is not the same thread idiot. It is different in that it came after the wizards stated they may buy out gilbert, not a trade for eddy curry proposal, but a buy out, in where we can sign him. Dope.

GEt your info right and then continue a thread instead of posting links, idiot.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
is that supposed to mean there was a thread already made for this, because it is not the same thread idiot. It is different in that it came after the wizards stated they may buy out gilbert, not a trade for eddy curry proposal, but a buy out, in where we can sign him. Dope.

GEt your info right and then continue a thread instead of posting links, idiot.

I dont argue on message boards with people ha.