Lebron not Talkative to Knicks - ESPN & NY Contradicition

mafra

Legend
FROM NY POST

"LeBron was not overly talkative in his Knicks' meetings, either. He was more LeBron The Listener, leaving the club not sure how to read him.

"He didn't give us much feedback,'' said Allan Houston, assistant to the president, who also was present.

Walsh, in a wheelchair as he rehabs from neck surgery, said, "We were given the opportunity to talk about the Knicks and its future. There was no commitment. It was a noncommittal meeting.''

A team source said the Knicks realize the primary way to win the LeBron Sweepstakes is for James to want part of the sizzle of New York.

"After the basketball issues, what's special about us is the city of New York,'' the source said. "On that, I got a good feeling. I think we showed him through the presentations and videos the energy and power of New York City. I thought our fans on the video did a great job.''

\http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...mountain_4zzBXiqUFSWIjTGap0IrzL#ixzz0sXKuC996

One other ting, ESPN is chuckling at the Knicks b/c of a report the presented to LJ stating how much more money he stands to make in NYC, than anywhere else.

The scuff at the notion.

YET, they cry that Jeter is overrated. That he gets all the glory-attention (MKTG DEALS) b/c he's a NY Yankee.

Odd. See how that works?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If Lebron and Amare sign with us, ESPN needs to give us a BIG freaking apology. Or else every Knick fan should email Bucher, Broussard, etc. and remind them of how stupid they look.

Suss

Rookie
If Lebron and Amare sign with us, ESPN needs to give us a BIG freaking apology. Or else every Knick fan should email Bucher, Broussard, etc. and remind them of how stupid they look.

I can't stand Broussard. He talks as if he is speaking in facts, when he is just guessing like everyone else. If the Knicks land Lebron, Broussard should be fired as he will have lost all his credibility.

mafra

Legend
I can't stand Broussard. He talks as if he is speaking in facts, when he is just guessing like everyone else. If the Knicks land Lebron, Broussard should be fired as he will have lost all his credibility.

Amen. He states is opinion as if it's a matter of fact. Last week, in 3 consecutive days he had 3 different destinations. One day it was a done deal, LJ heading to CHI; the next morning he's declaring DREAM TEAM uniting in South Beach, only to rebound the following afternoon to submit that LJ is leaning towards staying in CLE.

WOW.

Only think he's admamant and consistent with - NY has no chance.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Sounds like 90% of the posts I read on this board...

Which is exactly why he shouldn't be on tv mean mugging the camera and talking assertively as if what he's saying is a fact.

A free internet forum is one thing, national television on the network that's the "World wide leader in sports" isn't the place to give your opinion as if it's a fact. Do some real reporting or get from in front of the camera.

KBlack25

Starter
Which is exactly why he shouldn't be on tv mean mugging the camera and talking assertively as if what he's saying is a fact.

Oh I agree. But people on a message board calling a guy out for saying his opinion as fact is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black.

It doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother other people. Brousard is paid to have an opinion and to "break" "stories". If his opinion is expressed as his opinion, he wouldn't really have a job, anyone could do what he does. He has to at least give the illusion of fact in his statements.

mafra

Legend
Oh I agree. But people on a message board calling a guy out for saying his opinion as fact is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black.

It doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother other people. Brousard is paid to have an opinion and to "break" "stories". If his opinion is expressed as his opinion, he wouldn't really have a job, anyone could do what he does. He has to at least give the illusion of fact in his statements.

Not really. The epitome of the pot calling the kettle black would be a poster (like myself) crying about Broussard being adamant that LJ will not chose NY, while, at the same time, I declare that there's no way THE KING heads to NJ.

What I mean when I call out Broussard... is when he ventures into guessing and he INFERS what Lebron is thinking, extrapolating from there to reach his biased conclusions, hinting that this is the thinking. In essence, he's just selling himself.

Done deal to CHI one day, DREAM TEAM in MIA the next morning; leaning towards CLE. PLEASE. Common sense is LJ had 2 years to ponder this.... NOt like he's making his mind up the last 48 hours.

Broussard is being over-the-top b/c when you rile people up that sells. Like most reporters these days, they attach themselves to a host to further their career. Fine and dandy. I bet he even has sources, and either they are using him or he's leaking information they want public.

BUT, you kind of lose respect (in my eyes) when you throw everything out there.... I mean, if I say guess a number from 1-10, and you get the number on your 8th guess.... Well, you get the point.

Broussard lost credibility here. NO big deal. He's still entertaining (although his grasp of the english language is akin to Duhon's b-bal skills), it's just that when I look for inside information in the future.... he's the last one I'll turn to.

p0nder

Starter
He's just spinning stories out so people will listen to him. You have no idea how many people have come to me talking about how lebron is NOT coming to the Knicks on account of this guy. He's just doing his job, creating hype and being a Knicks hater in the process.

KBlack25

Starter
He's just spinning stories out so people will listen to him. You have no idea how many people have come to me talking about how lebron is NOT coming to the Knicks on account of this guy. He's just doing his job, creating hype and being a Knicks hater in the process.

Exactly. If your job is to be a reporter and people aren't talking about what you said or what you reported, then you haven't done a good job. Anyone can write bland, opinion-less conjecture. But as a reporter you have to stir the pot and get people chatting. The very fact that we are even having a discussion about Broussard and what an idiot/jerkoff he may be means he has done his job.

dassknick

Benchwarmer
Broussard lost credibility here. NO big deal. He's still entertaining (although his grasp of the english language is akin to Duhon's b-bal skills), it's just that when I look for inside information in the future.... he's the last one I'll turn to.

+1, I really can't stand this bum and then this hit me the other day.

DaveChappele.JPG

dm_090524_otl_broussard.jpg

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

They won't so ESPN will be keeping the apology you guys THINK they should be giving. You guys are going on like ESPN NBA Reporters don't know what the hell they are talking about, like they just are pulling ideas out from a hat... These guys have sources, and they have to report what they see as a credible news story from a credible source. The fact of the matter is, the chances of the Knicks getting Lebron has never been great... only because some of these bullshyt ny sport writers along with Walsh and his statements, made you guys believe that it was a destined act... The fact of the matter is, The Knicks getting Lebron would be the miracle, NOT the expected outcome.

The reason Lebron didn't say anything during the meeting, was because he was trying to hold in his laughter looking at two clowns pitching him on the Knicks... I bet he said shut da fck up and let H20 speak, cuz you 2 doofus mofos are boring me.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
im praying the Knicks land LBJ just to prove ESPN that their opinions were ignorant and they basically shut out NY because of their past.