So why not trade Lee for Rubio?

New New York

Quiet Storm
So, if the plan to go hard at Amare is to impress you know who with our core and to convince him that we are serious about winning, then Lee for Rubio is one way to show this!

Minny is already a team in the hunt for Lee and a sign and trade gives Lee an oppotunity to make more money. Lee met with them, so the idea of playing for them must not be totally out of the question!

Minny does this deal, because they obviously have an interest in Lee and the ability to orchestrate a sign and trade for him gives them a leg up on the competition on him!

Not to mention there is always the potential of Minny never ending up with Rubio playing a minute for them, getting a 20 and 11 guy for him is plenty fair.

we again do this deal to improve our "core" but the real key is Rubio's invisable contract this year....meaning it does not affect our cap at all! Which means we have dramitically become a more improved team for LBJ without spending one red cent!

End Result would have our core looking like

Amare (assuming rumors are true)
Gallo
Rubio
Chandler
Walker
Douglas
and our 3 second rounders

Clearly better than Lebron's Clev. team, about as intriguing as Chi,better than those scrubs across the river, more balanced than Mia's proposed "Dream Team"! Basically the best supporting cast Lebron has ever played with.

oh yeah.....we would still have about 4 million left to play with!

If Lee is going to walk (or if we are going to let him walk) better to get something for him!

New New York

Quiet Storm
i like it, but how would the salaries have to line up?

wouldnt have to match up, Minny is under the cap, so this is really no different then them signing Lee, except in this case they could give him an extra year on the deal which gives Lee the incentive to sign there, and for that favor we are granting them, they forfiet Rubio

New New York

Quiet Storm
Sign and trade Lee + Curry for Jefferson + Rubio.

I like it......

Rubio
Lebron (what we would tell him)
Gallo
Amare
Jefferson

But could Al live with not getting the 20 touches he is used to? Still a very solid core of talent.

could make it a 3 team deal that sends Jefferson to Char. for Ty. Chandler

Rubio/Douglas/Rautins
Lebron/Walker/Rautins
Gallo/Wilson/Feilds
Amare/Gallo
Ty.Chandler/Amare/Barron

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
I really like lee but rubio is the best rising point guard if we don't get lebron or only amare sign roleplayers and a player that is extremely underrated is linas kleiza leading scorer in Europe

LeFlume

All Star
oh yeah.....lets hear why?

is it because we already have an elite PG on our team?

is it because it better to let Lee walk away for nothing?

please explain!

I don't think a euro PG with zero NBA minutes is the answer to our prayers. Al Jefferson would be useless in our offense. Besides, The Eddie Curry card is more valuable the longer we keep it.

Paul1355

All Star
So, if the plan to go hard at Amare is to impress you know who with our core and to convince him that we are serious about winning, then Lee for Rubio is one way to show this!

Minny is already a team in the hunt for Lee and a sign and trade gives Lee an oppotunity to make more money. Lee met with them, so the idea of playing for them must not be totally out of the question!

Minny does this deal, because they obviously have an interest in Lee and the ability to orchestrate a sign and trade for him gives them a leg up on the competition on him!

Not to mention there is always the potential of Minny never ending up with Rubio playing a minute for them, getting a 20 and 11 guy for him is plenty fair.

we again do this deal to improve our "core" but the real key is Rubio's invisable contract this year....meaning it does not affect our cap at all! Which means we have dramitically become a more improved team for LBJ without spending one red cent!

End Result would have our core looking like

Amare (assuming rumors are true)
Gallo
Rubio
Chandler
Walker
Douglas
and our 3 second rounders

Clearly better than Lebron's Clev. team, about as intriguing as Chi,better than those scrubs across the river, more balanced than Mia's proposed "Dream Team"! Basically the best supporting cast Lebron has ever played with.

oh yeah.....we would still have about 4 million left to play with!

If Lee is going to walk (or if we are going to let him walk) better to get something for him!
I think Ramon Sessions will be in the mix if we do a trade with Minny.

We have been looking for a PG this whole free agency targeting Steve Blake(gone), Raymond Felton, Luke Ridnour, Tony Parker, Darren Collison, so we have had our eyes on point guards.

I can see Sessions, a 1st round draft pick and maybe another role player.

mafra

Legend
People have to remember that Al Jefferson would be an asset. We could easily deal him elsewhere, or simply involve a 3rd team (like we get Rubio & Tyson Chandler).

Just good to know we have an option to S-&-T LEE.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I don't think a euro PG with zero NBA minutes is the answer to our prayers. Al Jefferson would be useless in our offense. Besides, The Eddie Curry card is more valuable the longer we keep it.

ummm....no one enters the NBA with experience. I mean how many NBA minutes has John Wall logged? So I don't really get your logic....sorry

The whole point to what I was saying is that if we are using Amare's potential signing to lure in Lebron, then we should make other moves as well to entice him.

Trading Curry's contract now and getting back Rubio and Chandler is as good as anything that we will be able to get for it at the trade deadline.

Besides.....it is not a given that there is going to be a team that is interested in Curry's contract at the deadline who we have an interest in taking on their long term contract!

This is a sound trade if the Knicks were able to pull it off

Thanks.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lee would never sign to go to Minny when he has options all over the NBA

Think about it...

1.David Lee met w/ Minny on the first day of Free Agency, which means they are not out of the question in his eyes

2. Lets say we get Amare, and Boozer goes to Mia and Bosh Chicago or vise versa, Lee is left with two options.....New Jersey and Minny

now in staying in New Jersey he stays where he has played his whole career, but he could make more money in Minny!

Now at the same salary, the advantage goes to New Jersey, but in a S&T scenerio Lee would make more money over the life of his contract with the bigger anual bonuses and extra year on the deal.

So New Jersey could offer a 5 year 60 million dollar deal but he could make 75 in six years with Minny....advantage Minny.

CoolClyde

good thinkin

Think about it...
So New Jersey could offer a 5 year 60 million dollar deal but he could make 75 in six years with Minny....advantage Minny.
DLEE's a-hole agent will probably go for max money he can make.
getting Rubio in a S&T for Lee, or Rubio/Jefferson for Lee/Curry, would be a great move.
at this point, doesn't Mini have 5 PG's?
good thinkin, new new new new york.
:beer: