Core of Amar'e, Tony Parker, and Galo!

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Just curious on if the Knicks can pull off a sign and trade or find a way to get Tony Parker this year, if you would be happy with Amare, Parker and Galo for this year and any other supporting pieces, and then work on next year.

Paul1355

All Star
Just curious on if the Knicks can pull off a sign and trade or find a way to get Tony Parker this year, if you would be happy with Amare, Parker and Galo for this year and any other supporting pieces, and then work on next year.
people are saying that the Spurs have no indication of trading Parker for anything the knicks are offering, which is most likely everything except Gallo, teh Spurs prob wanted Gallo which the Knicks would never trade.

If Parker doesn't start next year then expect a trade.

Nuggets sources are saying that Denver 100 % does not want to trad Anthony but Anthony has admitted to wanting to be a Knick so anything can happen right now with Amare being a Knicks and recruiting people.

I mean it probably has something to do with the fact that Hill makes a fraction of what Parker makes and was starting over him in the playoffs. It isn't absurd to think that Parker could be traded, but I don't really see them going out of their way to try and get rid of him. You can never have too many good point guards.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I mean it probably has something to do with the fact that Hill makes a fraction of what Parker makes and was starting over him in the playoffs.
Parker broke a bone in his hand near the end of the season. That's why he wasn't starting. The NY Daily News doesn't understand this.
It isn't absurd to think that Parker could be traded, but I don't really see them going out of their way to try and get rid of him. You can never have too many good point guards.
This. They would need a very good offer and the Knicks don't really have the assets to pull that off right now.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Parker broke a bone in his hand near the end of the season. That's why he wasn't starting. The NY Daily News doesn't understand this.
This. They would need a very good offer and the Knicks don't really have the assets to pull that off right now.

Hey Spurs fan, the way I gauge wheather or not a trade is practical or not is to look at it from the other team's perspective.

So my question to you as a fan of the Spurs, is there anything The Knicks have to offer that would bring Parker to NY?

Becuase even as a die hard Knick fan and a huge Toney Parker fan, I just don't see it!

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Hey Spurs fan, the way I gauge wheather or not a trade is practical or not is to look at it from the other team's perspective.

So my question to you as a fan of the Spurs, is there anything The Knicks have to offer that would bring Parker to NY?

Becuase even as a die hard Knick fan and a huge Toney Parker fan, I just don't see it!
Not at the moment no. I don't think Gallo, Chandler, and Douglas would even get it done. What people overlook is that the Spurs don't really have a backup PG. Hill is an undersized SG who averaged under 3 assists a game. They're not gonna give up their All-Star PG for potential.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Not at the moment no. I don't think Gallo, Chandler, and Douglas would even get it done. What people overlook is that the Spurs don't really have a backup PG. Hill is an undersized SG who averaged under 3 assists a game. They're not gonna give up their All-Star PG for potential.

Didnt think so.

But truthfully as much as I like Parker I would not give up Gallo,Wilson and Douglas for him.

Yeah I think The Knicks are going to have to find another PG!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Spurs have no reason to trade Parker, and the Knicks have no real reason to dump any of their huge assets for him either.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I would LOVE that core and I think, if Gallo develops the way we all hope, the Knicks could build a special team around those three. The problem is, it doesn't sound like We are going to be able to trade for Parker this offseason. The Spurs just haven't given any indication that they are at all interested in trading him. I'm not giving up Chander, Douglas, AND Lee for him. That is simply way too much. It's tough though, because if we don't get Lebron, we are really going to need to find an above average point guard.

benfitz22

Rookie
Why not Rubio?

If I'm Donnie Walsh, after all the possible Parker options have been explored, and possibly rebutted by R.C. Buford, then I get straight on the phone to David Kahn.

And I offer him this:

From New York to Minnesota: David Lee + Wilson Chandler/ Toney Douglas

From Minnesota to New York: Al Jefferson + the rights to Ricky Rubio.

Can you imagine Rubio playing the pick and roll with Amare? He has the court vision and passing skills to become the next Jason Kidd or Steve Nash, no joke.

To make this work though, Walsh has to get in contact with Rubio's agent, and get him on board. This way, Rubio can give an ultimatum to Minnesota - trade me to the Knicks or I stay in Spain. He enjoys Spain an immense amount so it would not be a hollow threat.

This would give New York the required leverage to get this trade to happen, and may even provide enough leverage for them to remove Chandler/ Douglas from the equasion.

In effect, they will be asking Minnesota if they would be so kind to trade Al Jefferson and 'nothing' (in the case of Rubio never coming to the NBA) for David Lee, who Kahn is extremely high on.

What do you all think? Yes?