What is the deal with Rubio?

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I know that he decided to play in Spain for another two years. It's been 1 full year already, so I guess he will play another year in Spain. But he really does not want to play for Minnesota. Are the Timberwolves open to trading Rubio? I get the sense that Rubio is not a trade-able asset. So, all this talk in this forum about getting Rubio is not realistic.

dave2138

Rotation player
How do you know he doesn't want to play in Minnesota? Him staying in Spain for 2 years had nothing to do with what team drafted him.

I think its more likely they trade Flynn next year when Rubio comes over. I don't think anyone would debate against Rubio having a higher ceiling than Flynn.

LeFlume

All Star
We don't need a rookie to run our team. We need a proven NBA PG. NOT a rookie..Stop talking about Rubio, he is NOT the answer and I don't mean A.I. :afro:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
How do you know he doesn't want to play in Minnesota? Him staying in Spain for 2 years had nothing to do with what team drafted him.

I think its more likely they trade Flynn next year when Rubio comes over. I don't think anyone would debate against Rubio having a higher ceiling than Flynn.

Well, he was not happy when Minnesota drafted him. He wants to play for a major market. He was still under contract and Minnesota was willing to pay the buyout of 8+ million. Rubio then told Minnesota that he was "not ready."

I agree that Flynn is most likely traded. Rubio is an interesting prospect.

Paul1355

All Star
I know that he decided to play in Spain for another two years. It's been 1 full year already, so I guess he will play another year in Spain. But he really does not want to play for Minnesota. Are the Timberwolves open to trading Rubio? I get the sense that Rubio is not a trade-able asset. So, all this talk in this forum about getting Rubio is not realistic.
Rubio being traded sounds unrealstic...Kahn sees him as the next steve Nash...unless Rubio demands a trade,which is the only possibility,he will be a T wolf.

So stop asking about thiskid.

richtree

Rotation player

Straight up, that's a dumb statement. If he was drafted by NY he would have been in the NBA already.

Also, what are they gonna get for Flynn? He may not be a top 20 PG in the NBA, so that doesn't seem to carry alot of value, especially via trade when his Rookie contract is up and he wants to sign for $$$$.

dave2138

Rotation player
Straight up, that's a dumb statement. If he was drafted by NY he would have been in the NBA already.

Also, what are they gonna get for Flynn? He may not be a top 20 PG in the NBA, so that doesn't seem to carry alot of value, especially via trade when his Rookie contract is up and he wants to sign for $$$$.

even dumber statement...no proof he would have played in the NBA had the Knicks drafted him. He was under contract for 2 more seasons in Spain, either way the buyout would have been more than what his salary would have been. All those rumors that he would only play in a big market because of endorsements were never confirmed.

I never said Flynn has more trade value...of course he doesn't. I said it would make more sense to keep Rubio who can be an all star PG in the nba, and trade Flynn for whatever they can get. Rubio will also be under contract for 2 more years than Flynn will be. Choosing Flynn over Rubio would be retarded.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The buyout would've been EASY in NY.

He just didn't want to play for Minnesota. It was pretty obvious judging by the way he reacted when he was drafted.