Donnie Walsh Considering Retirement.

Red

TYPE-A
According to Peter Vecsey.

Whatever... just get some moves done 1st and groom Allen H.

I want to see What Randolph has.

and Cliff Lee is going to the Yanks.

my energy is sapped....but surprisingly... I'm not mad!?

quiggle

Starter
put him on the extensive list of failed Knicks executives. Steve Mills would have done better.

Red

TYPE-A
someone please post the link. I'm tired as f*ck.

Donnie is probably mad dejected so...

Ray Felt anyone?

smokes

Huge Member
This is old news? He already announced months ago he was planning to retire after the free agency period and was looking for someone to take over from him.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Walsh May Retire; Pritchard May Replace

According to someone in the know, team president Donnie Walsh "may possibly retire" within the week because of "health" and "a failure to land LeBron" -- a plan he sold to Cablevision owner James Dolan soon after signing a $15 million, three-year deal in April 2008

I later learned Kevin Prichard may be the replacement. Fired recently by the Blazers with one year left on his pact, he is represented by Warren LeGarie, who's also Mike D'Antoni's agent.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/walsh_legoner_TjAGAVCCQBtBSGHYhxfkSN?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

tiger0330

Legend
Doesn't surprise me after hearing he was in a wheelchair after neck surgery. He is like 70, time to call it a day and bring in a young blood like Pritchard.

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
put him on the extensive list of failed Knicks executives. Steve Mills would have done better.

sooooooo u would of have stayed with jamal crawford and zach randolph as the focal point of the team and not TRY to go after big name free agents?

Scipio

Benchwarmer
If he does retire because of good health then I wish him all the best.

There are some on the forum who think he has failed because he didn`t get Lebron. I think that is rubbish.

I love what Donnie has done. he has done exactly what he said he would do. He jettisoned all of our terrible contracts - apart from Curry but getting rid of him was impossible - He put us in a position where we had massive cap space so we were in a position to go after those big free agents. that`s what he siad he would do and that`s what he has done.

He has now put us in a wonderful position to improve and we already have. He has got us Amare and looks like a godd deal with Lee and the three Warrior players. We still have the ability to improve more before the new season and with Curry`s contract winding down we will have cap space to go after a big free agent next year.

Some of you are upset that we didn`t get Lebron but Donnie never said he would get him. He said he would put us in a strong position with cap space and do away with those horrible contracts. that`s what he has done.

Thanks Donnie, you have done a great job, if you retire then good luck with everything.

I`d love us to get the Portland guy. He would continue Donnie`s groundwork.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Senile fvck... go in the corner and play with layden and Isiah for a while and take D'antoni with you.. wherei s dave checketts and ernie grunfeld and jeff van gundy when ya need them

iSaYughh

Starter
Lol. Good god. Cmon...

Donnie never "said" the sacrifice and buildup and efforts were really about Lebron?

That's like saying, after the results, well, Bush didn't really have us go to Iraq bc of WMD...it was really about so much other stuff, he never specifically just said it was about WMB....
:alert:Walsh:alert:

Knowing his physical ailments are so egregious that he is apparently mentally frail, too (not that I blame him)...paints an even grosser picture of how those LBJ meetings must have looked with schmuck billionare owner Dolan wheeling him in while wearing a neck brace, utterly frail from head to toe.

On whatever levels, he just gave up right as MIA and Riley made their game-changing push to become top dogs for Lebron.

The Jeffries deal was his last hurrah.

MIA brought in a game-changer, game-changed, and Walsh didn't have the strength/wherewithal/ability to respond in -any- way.

Walsh isn't a horrible exec as far as I'm concerned.

He just bit off more than he could chew.

His best simply wasn't good enough.

clumsy

Rotation player
you guys are crazy. The team we have now if this David lee Sign and Trade is true is light years better than Jamal and Zach.

I give Donnie Walsh his props for giving us the ability to go after a big name next year in free agency. If we end up with Carmelo and Amare i'd say we did well....VERY well and our team is very relevant again

quiggle

Starter
guess this is directed to Donnie

33622590.jpg

Paul1355

All Star
steve mills?...right

(Steve Mills) could? have traded Jerome James 6 million dollar contract, Jeffries 6 million dollar contract, Crawford's 11 million, Zach's 17 million....and be in play for FA in 2010.....right

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
Donnie did all he could, but LBJ opted to ruin the potential he had to be teammates with Wade and Bosh. Wade will always be number 1 in Miami. LBJ could have been as good as Michael Jordan, but IMO, he ruined it by signing with Miami. The best players in basketball just went from Kobe>LeBron to Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LeBron.

Thankfully for the well being of the NBA and the state of New York, Donnie Walsh is not retiring. Basketball in New York would have eventually went bye bye if Donnie left and Zeke returned. But as long as Dolan is the owner, there would be the threat of Zeke returning, unfortunately, because Dolan maybe the worst owner in sports.