Chandler + Curry + Pick for Monta Ellis? Why not?

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
Imagine...

Felton - Douglas
Ellis - Azzy
Gallo - Walker
Ar47 - Turiaf
Amare - Jj

I think that this would be a great and COMPLETE team.
What do you think about?

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
I want no part of Ellis.

I know he is young but he is too much of a ball hog. He would have to learn how to use the rest of the team, because that will alienate a lot of folks.

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
Ok. but we need absolutely a guard like him because we have already felton and douglas. that role is the only in which we can improve our team

GRIM REAPER

Rookie
ellis is not a good teammate nor does he have decent basketball IQ,bad shot selection,bad defender.he is a talent but would hurt the development of our players since he doesnt pass the ball

portega1968

El Cacique
how about chandler, curry + pick for derrick rose?

or, how about chandler, curry + pick for Chris Paul?

or maybe chandler, curry + pick for brand roy?

it's nice to dream!!!

but, if they didnt want to include Ellis in the S&T for David Lee, what makes you think new ownership at GSW wants to do it for Curry and Chandler?

tiger0330

Legend
If you don't want to trade Curry and Chandley for Ellis, you are crazy. Getting anything back for McCurry would be a miracle let alone someone like Ellis. He's perfect for D'Ants ssol.

Don't think GSW is going to let him go, they have lost a lot of guys from last years team.

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
how about chandler, curry + pick for derrick rose?

or, how about chandler, curry + pick for Chris Paul?

or maybe chandler, curry + pick for brand roy?

it's nice to dream!!!

but, if they didnt want to include Ellis in the S&T for David Lee, what makes you think new ownership at GSW wants to do it for Curry and Chandler?

You are right... But the point is that for me we need to dream now a player of that type. Best for me would be Roy but too difficult

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
We could dream...

Felton - Douglas
BRANDON ROY - Azzy
Gallo - Walker
Ar47 - Turiaf
Amare - Jj

and start to think we can win the ring.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
If you don't want to trade Curry and Chandley for Ellis, you are crazy. Getting anything back for McCurry would be a miracle let alone someone like Ellis. He's perfect for D'Ants ssol.

Don't think GSW is going to let him go, they have lost a lot of guys from last years team.

Absolutely no to Ellis. Why? Because I want Melo and CP3/D Williams.

moneyg

Starter
Imagine...

Felton - Douglas
Ellis - Azzy
Gallo - Walker
Ar47 - Turiaf
Amare - Jj

What do you think about?

this trade makres zero sense... why would we screw up our cap space flexabilty at thius point... if this trade happen befor we got felton it would make alot more sense....

the only way im tradin curry is for parker, melo or paul...brandon roy.. durant...players like that..

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
this trade makres zero sense... why would we screw up our cap space flexabilty at thius point... if this trade happen befor we got felton it would make alot more sense....

the only way im tradin curry is for parker, melo or paul...brandon roy.. durant...players like that..

Precisely.

DubsinNY

Rookie
ellis is not a good teammate nor does he have decent basketball IQ,bad shot selection,bad defender.he is a talent but would hurt the development of our players since he doesnt pass the ball

I'm a dubs fan so I'll give you guys my brief insights
Not a good teammate? Agree. He's quiet and selfish a majority of the time. He has an ego which all showed when he became the 1st scoring option.

Decent basketball IQ? I believe he has the IQ, but again, when he became the 1st scoring option (when baron left) he became selfish and yeah, the IQ dropped.

Bad shot selection? Agree. When he was a 2nd,3rd option his shot selection was great. Shot over .500 (mainly driving and less jump shooting). When he became the #1 scoring option he ball hogged, shot more jumpers then lay ups and started chucking 3s (not as bad as harrington though). He can get on fire but he's not helping his team get "in the zone".

Bad defender? Depends, but I guess agree. He can defend when he wants to defend (against Roy and Bryant) but the problem is he chooses when to defend (a majority of the time he doesn't)

The last part I agree with based on what you said. Knicks are better off getting someone better later on.

Paul1355

All Star
Imagine...

Felton - Douglas
Ellis - Azzy
Gallo - Walker
Ar47 - Turiaf
Amare - Jj

What do you think about?
Bad locker room guy, great scorer but a scoring 1...the Warriors did nothing with him and Curry in the backcourt.

Ellis needs to be paired with a good passing shooting guard/SF....the best fit I see is in Charlotte with Steven Jackson.

We have Felton for two years untill Paul's contract expires, thats the plan lets stick with it