MJ says he wouldn't have done it like Lebeeatch

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Figured a few of you out there would take an interest in these comments from the GAWD..

Michael Jordan Criticizes LeBron and Heat's “3 Kings”

Opinion by Alex Groberman
(22 Hours Ago) in Sports / Miami Heat
Add the Greatest of All Time to the long list of NBA players, executives and fans who don’t respect the new “Three Kings” of the Miami Heat.

Speaking with reporters on Sunday, Michael Jordan shared his disappointment that LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh chose to team up this offseason.

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after playing in a Nevada golf tournament. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Considering how hard James and Wade have worked to enter the conversation of “is he better than Jordan?,” his latest words must leave a sting.

Jordan is not the only NBA legend to speak against the league’s best stars coming together in Miami. When the news broke, Charles Barkley had this to say to the Arizona Republic:

"Mike and I are in 100 percent agreement on this. If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."

For their part, Wade and James hear the criticism. They understand the pressure they will now be under, and they plan to use it as motivation for the upcoming season. In an article published by AOL Fanhouse, Wade said:

"We enjoy the bull's-eye. Plus, there's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again, but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games."

No doubt Wade’s unfortunate reference to the World Trade Center attacks will cause a media stir next week, but his point is an interesting one. It’s almost as if he and the rest of his new teammates welcome the challenge they'll inevitably face next year.

Deep in the Heat locker room, you wonder if they'll choose to play the Scarface-like “Yeah we’re the bad guys and we like it” card all the way to the NBA-finals.

Also lost in all this, is that James and Wade are doing what we constantly berate our athletes for not doing. They chose to sacrifice their personal reputations, their pride and their salaries for the sake of winning. For a better chance at getting the championship everyone else covets.

Still, Jordan’s sentiments no-doubt echoed the reaction that all “old-school” basketball fans had when they heard the news of the “South Beach Big Three.”

That's got to atleast put a few dents in the old ego right?

If my idol criticized me, I'd feel some type of way.

Last edited:

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Yes it Does...

Yes I Agree Lemaggot is a Chump. And will go down in history as a follower who had to join Forces with others at 25 not 30, 31, 25 are you for real. Yo whatever he aint worth spit **** him and the heat. We will beat them in the 2nd round next year mark it down...YOU HEARD IT HERE 1ST !!!!!

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Lebron will probably win a few with the Heat. As long as the Knicks can compete with Miami, I could care less what MJ says about LBJ. Lebron decided to leave to Miami. He will enjoy dominating with Wade, Bosh and Miller, or at least try to.

The only thing I am considered about is improving our position.

jzero29

Rotation player
it was different for MJ, he wasn't friends with those guys, like wade bosch and lebron. MJ hated each other. Lebron, wade bosch are all friends. before.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Begs the question why in the world three eastern conference rivals are friends...

Wade should be dying to kick LeBron's ass in playoffs, not have LeBron play his Pippen...

petescud

Starter
I don't think Jordan would had done it...On the other hand I don't think Jordan wins all those rings without Scottie, Kerr, Ku and the bunch

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
it was different for MJ, he wasn't friends with those guys, like wade bosch and lebron. MJ hated each other. Lebron, wade bosch are all friends. before.

Not true... Jordan didn't hate Bird or Magic and they were friendly off the court... What was different was their desire to be the best and to beat the best. It's what is in athletes that strive to carve out their place in history... James decided that it was easier to team up with other guys and NOT be the focal point. I think this is what happens when you don't play college sports... James dominated high school then came into a league where he had compitition and decided that he didn't want to be the MJ of his generation; he's happy being Pippen or some one like Lamar Odem...

KBlack25

Starter
The difference between this generation and MJ's, though, is that all these guys know each other. Nowadays there are more "Basketball Camps", where the best HS players go to play with and meet each other. They all hang out together. They all have cell phones to call and text each other from the road. Today's players are much more friendly.

LeBron is the first to do something like this, but I would bet good money he won't be even close to the last to do it.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
We had Keith van Horn, Moochie norris, jerome Williams, Jalen Rose etc etc texting each other