Celtics Sign Shaq

miked1958

Rotation player
Not sure if that is good or bad. I guess it will help them. It also prob raises the draft grade that roth gave them prior to this signing. I know some of you were tossing around weather we should sign him. I personally didnt think at this point in his career he would be that much of an asset to have.

reuel

Rookie
Boston is super deep with big men now.
Perkins, Shaq & J Oneal gives them 15 fouls on dwight howard, a lot of physicality for Bosh, and a small lane for Wade and Lebron to drive.

While i think its a good pik up for Boston, Shaq should've retired two years ago, he's a top 5 center of all-time and he's getting paid less than Joel Anthony

and who knows if his jersey will ever be retired....

I can't believe how these already great teams are just gitting better. It's really not looking good for the Knicks this year. Not only does the knicks have a bunch of young inexperience players their vets have some health issues.

I'm very impressed with the way these Eastern teams has improved their rosters...wish I can say the same for the Knicks. I really don't think the knicks are that much better then they previously were. I can care less about their wages or the cap. I watch the sport to enjoy the display of B-Ball talent. I don't depend or care about paper stats. Championships are won with the intanglibles experience players bring, talent, defense, and superb coaching....all of the above the Knicks seem to be lacking in.

The Summer will be over soon and I think the lack of talk coming from the Knicks organization means they are either secreatly planning a power move or went on vacation thinking they have done a great job this off season...but I've seen better work around the league, mainly within the same conference as the Knicks.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i hear the celtics are interested in Larry Hughes a great defensive player who has skill on offense. that role with boston best suits him. its looking to me like its the Bulls( yes the bulls ) or Celtics out the east. The Smeltics still have another finals run left in em before we completely take over the atlantic.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Why couldn't we have signed Shaq? I don't care what age he is, it's Shaq. And I wouldn't have cared about taking minutes away from our potentially great young players, its Shaq.

^^You're talking about D-Walsh. I don't think he really haves the respect of the elite players like Isaiah does...why do you think Dolon still haves Zeke hanging around?

Paul1355

All Star
Not sure if that is good or bad. I guess it will help them. It also prob raises the draft grade that roth gave them prior to this signing. I know some of you were tossing around weather we should sign him. I personally didnt think at this point in his career he would be that much of an asset to have.
Good move for both sides.

Shaq gets 2 years guaranteed and plays for a winning ball club as a starter/sixth man role.

I could see him starting over Jermaine O'Neal but whoever has the best stamina will get the starting job, frankly I dont care because i want to see the Celtics lose every game.

With Garnett, J O'Neill, Shaqrock(The Big Leprachaun), and with Perkins coming back you have a very big team up front.

Boston is getting slower and older but at least they are getting smarter.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Heh. Well, let's see if they can do what the Spurs did and capitalize on that wisdom. (I still find the fact super amusing they have the oh-so-Irish O'Neal and O'Neal on that team.)