TMac signs with the Pistons

tiger0330

Legend
McGrady signed a 1 year 1.3M deal with the Detroit Pistons. I don't see him starting ahead of Rip and Prince, he should gave signed with the Knicks for that money, I think he could get more playing time in NY than Detroit.

elcol

Rotation player
whatever he does i say good luck to him, he's is(was) a great player and a great person who just went out, played basketball and had a good time playing it which is what the game is all about.

rw005

Benchwarmer
whatever he does i say good luck to him, he's is(was) a great player and a great person who just went out, played basketball and had a good time playing it which is what the game is all about.

Yeah I agree, I'm glad we can all say that he was once a Knickerbocker, and actually had fun. Hope he succeeds well in Mo-Town. :beer:

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Never had an issue with him. His first game with us was something special, if only we won it. Good luck to him.

Sigh. I'm with the crowd that says the man should retire now, but the good news is that in Detroit he won't be getting the minutes he'd be getting in NY. Good news is that when he does retire, he'll most likely still be health enough to play ball as a hobby.

petescud

Starter
I think the first 3 weeks Detroit will think they got the steal of the century, like we did last year, and then the disappearing act (he'll get his 5 assist a game but the points will drop from 18 to 6...I don't think he last till the All Star Break without injury

Paul1355

All Star
dumb move

Bad move by T Mac.

H could have been the 6rh or 7th man off the bench in Chicago or for the Clippers who are both teams on the rise. The Bulls was the best fit for T Mac.

He still thinks he is a starter. If he pulls the same treatment he did in NY with his knee blowing out every ten minutes then expect Pistons fans to not be too happy.

I don't see why he went to Detroit. The team has been playing bad, T Mac WILL NOT START over Ben Gordon and Rich Hamilton, or Rodney Stuckey.

T Mac will be the sixth man on a bad team. good riddens.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It really is stupid. He's probably hoping that he cracks the starting 5...

Frankly I feel really bad for the Pistons - they signed Ben Gordon and Charlie V and they're stuck with those two awful contracts for...a while...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Who knows why he's with the Pistons. Maybe something just made him happy with the offer. Maybe he also saw something in the team that if healthy they could surprise some people. He might feel like this is the only way to prove he still has it and not just joining a contender.

I'm also glad we could call him once a New York Knick.

Paul1355

All Star
Who knows why he's with the Pistons. Maybe something just made him happy with the offer. Maybe he also saw something in the team that if healthy they could surprise some people. He might feel like this is the only way to prove he still has it and not just joining a contender.

I'm also glad we could call him once a New York Knick.
he said he felt in his heart it was the right move, I'm all about the Holy Spirit so if he really thinks its a good move then so be it. But from a basketball stand point, it is foolish.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
It would of been nice to have him this year, especially because we don't have a true shooting guard.

I believe that he will have a productive year this coming season. Good luck to him in Detroit ...