Where Does Melo Land?

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
While I feel the best case scenario for the Knicks would be signing Carmelo Anthony at the end of next season; the new CBA threatens the chances of this happening. Carmelo is making noise because he wants to be traded in time to lock in a lucrative extension before the new CBA takes effect. The Nuggets also don't want to be left holding the bag by not trading Anthony before the trade deadline. As far as I'm concerned a trade is imminent.

So what would be the best case scenario for both the Nuggets and Melo?

Considering The Bulls, Nets and others will join us in a bidding war I'm assuming we would have to five up some real value for Melo.

While I am a big Gallo fan I would be willing to make a tough decision and make a final offer of:

Eddy Curry
Gallo
Wilson Chandler

2 2nd Round Picks

While we do give up a lot, I feel that establishing a core of Felton, Melo and Stoudemire will enable us to battle with the East's Elite. Conversely the Nuggets get some value for their superstar with 2 great pieces in Gallo and Chandler and some draft picks to go along with tremendous cap flexibility.

Paul1355

All Star
While I feel the best case scenario for the Knicks would be signing Carmelo Anthony at the end of next season; the new CBA threatens the chances of this happening. Carmelo is making noise because he wants to be traded in time to lock in a lucrative extension before the new CBA takes effect. The Nuggets also don't want to be left holding the bag by not trading Anthony before the trade deadline. As far as I'm concerned a trade is imminent.

So what would be the best case scenario for both the Nuggets and Melo?

Considering The Bulls, Nets and others will join us in a bidding war I'm assuming we would have to five up some real value for Melo.

While I am a big Gallo fan I would be willing to make a tough decision and make a final offer of:

Eddy Curry
Gallo
Wilson Chandler

2 2nd Round Picks

While we do give up a lot, I feel that establishing a core of Felton, Melo and Stoudemire will enable us to battle with the East's Elite. Conversely the Nuggets get some value for their superstar with 2 great pieces in Gallo and Chandler and some draft picks to go along with tremendous cap flexibility.
After recent articles I am convinced that the best offers follow in this order:
Bulls
Knicks
Nets
Magic
Rockets

The Bulls can give them Noah, Johnson, Gibson, and a 1st round pick...

The Knicks can give Gallo, nice young piece, and two 2nd round picks plus a 1st round plus Curry's contract for cap space.

Nets can give up Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, any of the many Nets picks.

Magic can trade Gortat, picks, Ryan Anderson....again not the strongest package.

Rockets...the less likely destination because it is not the tri state area or Chicago(big cities) but the Rockets can trade good players in Aaron Brooks, Scola, picks...whoever.

Bulls and Knicks are the best choices with the Nets being a wildcard since Melo was born there and would be the franchise player of the new Brooklyn Nets, that does sound cool if I was Melo.

It all depends on where Melo really wants to go.