Knicks got outrebounded 62-35

shaolin

Benchwarmer
And lost by 6. Great job guys.

Amare had two rebounds. 2???

That's the thing with Amare, he is a below average rebounder. He'll get his 17 rebound games as well as his 4 rebound games. I never got that about him. Meanwhile Kevin Love grabbed 14.

Mason, Gallinari and Felton grabbed more rebounds than Amare.

I like Amare, but he is a bad defensive player (decent post defensive player though) and a below average rebounder.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Most of my posts was a concern of rebounding, someone needs to step up. My last post was:

"The team is in need of a rebounder in the starting 5 and its simply not Randolph. Randolph will never have a bigger position other than sixth man because he plays for himself trying to look good. Its better he comes off the bench because he can simply score, and could play a lot of positions to give players rest.

The two players that are really competing with each other is Mozgov and Turiaf. Mozgov need to show his aggressiveness in rebounding the ball, if he can show he is capable the job is his. Turiaf has better awareness and can rebound, this is why he might win the center position."

Mozgov also needs to learn not to foul, and there working on that. The team didn't get to the line and had a lot of dumb fouls. We got a good look at the bench and the rookies were impressive.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Amare barely played....WTF are u talking about man?

Mozgov needs to box out more....seems a lil soft down low

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Amare played 20 minutes man. That is 2 rebounds in 20 minutes? If my math is correct, that is 4 rebounds in 40 minutes.

Amare is actually a decent offensive rebounder, but a subpar defensive rebounder. He will have many 4 and 5 rebound games.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I actually read something about the Knicks being the worst rebounding team in the league.

Still, it's one (albeit crap) game. Don't fret yet. The onus on rebounding will stand out like an elephant boner now. We WILL get sorted.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
The Knicks need to learn to box out and hold on to the ball when rebounded. I agree with Crazy 8, it will get sorted as long as they work on it, especially with Mozgov. I believe Mozgov could become the best rebounder on the team, and when he learns and develops he will become a starter. Not sure how soon it will happen but its going to happen.

These games will only make the Knicks stronger as it highlights their weaknesses. Now they need to work on making their weaknesses their strengths.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
so this is what life without dlee feels like. J/k

we were not only outrebounded, but the kings shot 26 more free throws than we did. we fouled them 34 times and turned the ball over 19 times. Thing is, we lost by only 6 points. Yes i know, a loss us a loss, but preseason is preseason. Look on the bright side, this is a direct sign of defense. We beat ourselves in this game. We had 8 blocks and 12 steals as a team. When last have we seen that on a knicks stat sheet? judging by the minutes, we werent trying to win this game....we were feeling out our player. This game meant a whole lot more to the t-wolves than us.

Paul1355

All Star
And lost by 6. Great job guys.

Amare had two rebounds. 2???

That's the thing with Amare, he is a below average rebounder. He'll get his 17 rebound games as well as his 4 rebound games. I never got that about him. Meanwhile Kevin Love grabbed 14.

Mason, Gallinari and Felton grabbed more rebounds than Amare.

I like Amare, but he is a bad defensive player (decent post defensive player though) and a below average rebounder.
Yea Kevin Love owned Amare on the boards but Turiaf also got owned...no one rebounded on the Knicks.

I didn't understand Mike D taking out Chandler after the hot streak he had and then keeping Gallo in who was horrible.

For 100million you would think Amare would be a stronger rebounder. I like Walsh and all but that was an Isiah move. Why would we throw so much money at Amare when his own team only wanted to give him 60million with the last two years not guaranteed. Also Felton is looking more and more suspect good thing he is 2years guaranteed so we can probably eat his contract. The playoffs are looking dismal for the Knicks this year

jimkcchief88

All Star
so this is what life without dlee feels like. J/k

we were not only outrebounded, but the kings shot 26 more free throws than we did. we fouled them 34 times and turned the ball over 19 times. Thing is, we lost by only 6 points. Yes i know, a loss us a loss, but preseason is preseason. Look on the bright side, this is a direct sign of defense. We beat ourselves in this game. We had 8 blocks and 12 steals as a team. When last have we seen that on a knicks stat sheet? judging by the minutes, we werent trying to win this game....we were feeling out our player. This game meant a whole lot more to the t-wolves than us.

Exactly Toons. Everybody was SOOOOOO happy to dump D-Lee because we "never did anything with him", but no one told me how we were going to replace his scoring/rebounding. I thought we brought that donut Turiaf in for toughness and AR is athletic but a little to lean to play down low.... Still a work in progress....

jimkcchief88

All Star
For 100million you would think Amare would be a stronger rebounder. I like Walsh and all but that was an Isiah move. Why would we throw so much money at Amare when his own team only wanted to give him 60million with the last two years not guaranteed. Also Felton is looking more and more suspect good thing he is 2years guaranteed so we can probably eat his contract. The playoffs are looking dismal for the Knicks this year

+1 agreed. Those were my points during the off-season, but too late now.... That ship has sailed

Kiyaman

Legend
+1 agreed. Those were my points during the off-season, but too late now.... That ship has sailed

That ship did not sail yet, it will be leaving the dock in a few weeks.
My guys and I go to different friends/family house each Sunday to watch
football. Everytime the Knicks 2010 offseason is mention the conversation
only last 1 to 2 minutes of hope (Amare) and prayer (Felton), and
is immediately turned to the Big-3 Miami Heat for about a hour conversation
on the East teams that will give the Big-3 problems like the double O'Neals in
Boston, then the Orlando Heat, then Bulls, Atlanta, Philly's addition of Turner,
Indiana addition of Collison, and Washington Arenas at SG to become the
best improve player with PG-Wall leading the point for ROY.
So bringing up the Knicks offseason moves only leads to alot of conversation
about other Eastern Conference teams offseason moves.

100 million wasn't going to do the trick. he's always been a lousy offensive rebounder.

which is why I'm not against trading the guy while he's still worth something. we bought his loyalty. why the hell should we be against trading his loyalty? and he's going to be a worse player when he's making 20 mill a year.

who knows? maybe washington will jump into the melo sweepstakes. i'd wouldn't mind hooking melo up with stat in washington so as long as we get another young stud in return.

Last edited: