Anthony Randolph Shot selection

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
I'm sorry watching two pre-season games I don't see the hype around this kid....WAY TO INCONSISTENT. Not only that but his shot selection is crazy? Someone please tell me wtf is he doing bricking 3 pointers. Soon as he gets the ball he shoots. I really dislike him and and a player like him will disrupt team unity. Over all what I saw from the knicks tonight we won't be making the play offs. I understand we need time to gel. But we played with no heart..No rebounding...No defense. Not everyone.

Rautins to me was the only bright spot. You could tell he had his heart in the game.

Over all

:barf:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Randolph is a project right now. There were times when he dominated last year just purely based on his altheticism and nothing else. I saw a game against Utah and he was outstanding. From an offensive point of view, and more specifically, from the offensive system, he looked lost at times and that might be due to lack of playing and getting comforatable. He never really played much. Many players struggle before making it big. I am not really worried about Randolph. He will get better. He has a lot of ability. The kid just turned 21 a few weeks ago.

Mosgov, Randolph, the rookies need time to grow. The Knicks are not going to start off hot or anything.

The only thing I'm worried about is how bad the team is at rebounding.

Randolph is a project right now. There were times when he dominated last year just purely based on his altheticism and nothing else. I saw a game against Utah and he was outstanding. From an offensive point of view, and more specifically, from the offensive system, he looked lost at times and that might be due to lack of playing and getting comforatable. He never really played much. Many players struggle before making it big. I am not really worried about Randolph. He will get better. He has a lot of ability. The kid just turned 21 a few weeks ago.

Mosgov, Randolph, the rookies need time to grow. The Knicks are not going to start off hot or anything.

The only thing I'm worried about is how bad the team is at rebounding.

pretty much couldn't have said it better. his shot selection is suspect, but he'll learn from that having better teammates here.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm sorry watching two pre-season games I don't see the hype around this kid....WAY TO INCONSISTENT. Not only that but his shot selection is crazy? Someone please tell me wtf is he doing bricking 3 pointers. Soon as he gets the ball he shoots. I really dislike him and and a player like him will disrupt team unity. Over all what I saw from the knicks tonight we won't be making the play offs. I understand we need time to gel. But we played with no heart..No rebounding...No defense. Not everyone.

Rautins to me was the only bright spot. You could tell he had his heart in the game.

Over all

:barf:
DId you also miss the blocked shots, nice passes, and rebounds this kid provides?

Hi strength is not his shot, but he did hit a few....tell me honestly...was he worse than Gallinari in this game? No...if anyone is inconsistent it is Gallo who goes from 50% in Milan to 25% or something horrible like that in Paris.

Anthony Randolph needs to go in a straight up deal for a true SG. We can add the 2ND rounders for leverage. This kid is inconsistent and we do not have the right trainers or coaching staff to develop this talent. We have seen it before Knicks get a young athletic talented player and he either gets traded or plays like shit. We need guys that can play our type of basketball not guys who won't fit in. Sorry to say but this kid is a tweaker too small to play one position too slow to play another. He is though a scoring threat but he also is a head case. Haven't we been done this road before NATE ROBINSON. C'mon SON

iJoe

Rotation player
Way to give up on him after a single preseason game. Considering hes been injured, on a crazy Golden State team and still extremely young its might be expected that he needs some time to learn the game.

Give the kid a chance. Its not like he has a bloated contract or anything. I hate how people are always so eager to destroy a team for some quick "fixes" that really won't help in the end.

Way to give up on him after a single preseason game. Considering hes been injured, on a crazy Golden State team and still extremely young its might be expected that he needs some time to learn the game.

Give the kid a chance. Its not like he has a bloated contract or anything. I hate how people are always so eager to destroy a team for some quick "fixes" that really won't help in the end.
Well said, but he needs a coach who will give him specialized attention and develop his skills. He cannot be allowed to just chuck itup from the tre-line.

Smooth21

Rookie
The reason there is "hype" around him is because he's not there yet. Yes, he has horrible shot selection and will disappear for games on end this year. He has a long way to go.

Youre definetly going to see growing pains from Anthony Randolph and cause fans to scratch their heads with his selection. He is still a kid with raw freakish skills and talent. I think youre going to see times when he struggles and gets into the flow of the game because he is still learning to develop his maturity and I.Q. as he is yet only 21 yrs. old. I think that area of b-ball aspect is definetly one of his major areas he is trying to improve. You can see in games that he needs time and mentoring advice to develop his mental maturity and I.Q. of getting into the flow of the game and team concept of making smart key descisions because he is still considered a kid and i think in Golden State he didnt get enough time and advice in coaching especially don Nelson. I think Youre going to see plays where he is going to make mistakes and boneheaded not smart plays and learn from it from the coaching staff. The knicks staff is going to push him hard to be a gretaer basketball player. However, You cannot discount the fact that he has freakish and unique skills as shown in the highlight reel. I think though that he will defeinity bring instant energy off the bench with his tenacity and make the garden crowd excited rise up and appreciate his effort. I expect to see some amazing plays from him here and there and make it to the top ten plays.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Most players period don't play as well as they do in the regular season in the pre-season. Players are usually rusty from not playing together for so long. Even Amare Stoudemire struggled in the game against Minnesota.

Also, you should take into account that D'Antoni's "system" requires players to jack up 3s.

D'Antoni is probably the one who told him to shoot more jump shots.

Wilson Chandler had to change his game when D'Antoni came to the Knicks. If you look at how Chandler played under Isiah Thomas vs. how he plays now, he shoots a lot more jumpers than he used to.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Most players period don't play as well as they do in the regular season in the pre-season. Players are usually rusty from not playing together for so long. Even Amare Stoudemire struggled in the game against Minnesota.

Also, you should take into account that D'Antoni's "system" requires players to jack up 3s.

D'Antoni is probably the one who told him to shoot more jump shots.

Wilson Chandler had to change his game when D'Antoni came to the Knicks. If you look at how Chandler played under Isiah Thomas vs. how he plays now, he shoots a lot more jumpers than he used to.

He should not shoot threes too often. And jacking up threes are not a "requirement"

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I said it once and Ill say it again. Ruantins has the drive and work ethic that can translate into a NBA career. He is not a diva, has good bball IQ and will develop into a ok passer and work the guys hard at practice. Everyone Knows he can shoot the ball, but where he is most valuable is making good decisions and playing hard defense and being a grinder. OBVIOUSLY its not gonna be for a couple years. I say 50/50 chance of being in the NBA over a good amount of time. Hes smart can shoot and pass in transition and is A TEAM ORIENTED PLAYER THAT LIKES TO WIN. Every team needs a white boy nailen the 3's. Not saying he will be, but I got my hopes up

And as far as randolph cant wait to see him play 2morro and see if he has better potential then CARMELO. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

petescud

Starter
I would use Randolph as a piece to get Melo. Otherwise, i wouldn't give up on him just yet. Give the kid a chance

mafra

Legend
I'll live with a few bad shots if he turns a few missed shots into easy dunks. He needs to crash the offensive glass, alter shots on defense... If he does that he has a role.

As long as he isn;t clanking shots late in the 4th (ala Kenyon Martin) then I'll be fine with 5-12 nights while he matures.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's not like he's not being encouraged to develop his shot. Low stakes, second game, potential, youth. The good outweighs the bad. That's without mentioning his passing, handles, defence and mismatch intangibles.

Relax.jpg

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ppl ready to trade Randolph after 1 preseason game?? Sheeeesh! How bout Gallo and his 1 for 8 from 3?

People are ready to trade Gallo. They are also ready to get rid of Felton after 2 preseason games. And fire D'Antoni. And fire Donnie. Welcome to the NY Knick fan club. The most fickle, impatient and negative fan base in the country.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
After 10 yrs you can't blame people. lol.

Imagine how Buffalo Bills, Clev. Browns. Clippers...Golden State all feel

clumsy

Rotation player
i'm on the fence of trading him too especially if it could get us something like a Carmelo Anthony.

Right now teams, fans, and coaches just see unlimited potential. His stock will never be higher unless he has a full season with D'antoni and has retarded high stats. If he doesn't his stock now drops because we play in a system that should inflate offensive stats.

There are players that are great in the NBA too with wack athleticism. BUt not many great ones with low bball IQ

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
i'm on the fence of trading him too especially if it could get us something like a Carmelo Anthony.

Right now teams, fans, and coaches just see unlimited potential. His stock will never be higher unless he has a full season with D'antoni and has retarded high stats. If he doesn't his stock now drops because we play in a system that should inflate offensive stats.

There are players that are great in the NBA too with wack athleticism. BUt not many great ones with low bball IQ

Hope everyone watched last night. Randolph just look lost.