Let's get Real fans

OK let's not be delusional Gallinari/Randolph/Chandler/Mozgov are nothing more than glorified role players, maybe at best a sixth man on a strong ball club and we are trying to push them to be guys they aren't and won't become.

And this is where the problem brews because we have too many complimentary players and not enough core guys. None of our players even if developed to full potential will ever be a star. I not saying we sell farm for Melo and be a East coast version of Dallas, I'm just saying we really need to evaluate this team realistically and try to make smaller more significant trades and signings.

It's like every time we miss out on one guy we scream and go after another or we get all crazy and think some guy we traded for has unlimited potential and he is going to develop on the Knicks. Not to say we can't develop talent ala David Lee but a lot of these guys come from one losing ball club to our losing ball club so why would they become winners.

I just want to propose that we go two seasons without trading away good players/draft picks or signing worthless free agents and just play ball and let these guys develop into the pieces they are and then when we have a good foundation we can work our way up.

No matter how much we say Isaiah messed up the Knicks our Walsh is a savior. We have still been playing under .500 ball and that is not acceptable for a fan like me.

SO Stop trading guys draft picks stop signing scrubs and castoffs develop what we have for awhile build on it work through the draft. Become a loyal and friendly organization that doesn't give up on guys or blatant disrespect them by talking about trading them when they just got here or be over zealous when praising a player. finally Let's get back to playing NYK basketball

Toons

is the Bo$$
the average age of the 4 player mentioned is 23. These guys are still young and developing. Stop hating on youth. I projected this team to gel at around game 15-17 and maybe get a 5 win streak going before the new year. 10 new guys, new team, new knicks.....it wont be an instant fit.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
the average age of the 4 player mentioned is 23. These guys are still young and developing. Stop hating on youth. I projected this team to gel at around game 15-17 and maybe get a 5 win streak going before the new year. 10 new guys, new team, new knicks.....it wont be an instant fit.

Couldn't of said it better. Prejudging the 4th youngest team in the NBA in 4 preseason games when 10 of our players are new is pretty silly.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I get what knicksfan is saying. For years we have been hyping our players up to be 3x better that what they really are. Some examples were Hill, Barron, Milicic, Rodriguez, House, etc... Even Bender to an extent.

I understand we do that because we want this team to be so good, but we really do overhype a lot. Just check some of the older threads for proof. I'm also putting myself in the mix.

This team currently has 1 superstar and a filler of good role players.

Paul1355

All Star
OK let's not be delusional Gallinari/Randolph/Chandler/Mozgov are nothing more than glorified role players, maybe at best a sixth man on a strong ball club and we are trying to push them to be guys they aren't and won't become.

And this is where the problem brews because we have too many complimentary players and not enough core guys. None of our players even if developed to full potential will ever be a star. I not saying we sell farm for Melo and be a East coast version of Dallas, I'm just saying we really need to evaluate this team realistically and try to make smaller more significant trades and signings.

It's like every time we miss out on one guy we scream and go after another or we get all crazy and think some guy we traded for has unlimited potential and he is going to develop on the Knicks. Not to say we can't develop talent ala David Lee but a lot of these guys come from one losing ball club to our losing ball club so why would they become winners.

I just want to propose that we go two seasons without trading away good players/draft picks or signing worthless free agents and just play ball and let these guys develop into the pieces they are and then when we have a good foundation we can work our way up.

No matter how much we say Isaiah messed up the Knicks our Walsh is a savior. We have still been playing under .500 ball and that is not acceptable for a fan like me.

SO Stop trading guys draft picks stop signing scrubs and castoffs develop what we have for awhile build on it work through the draft. Become a loyal and friendly organization that doesn't give up on guys or blatant disrespect them by talking about trading them when they just got here or be over zealous when praising a player. finally Let's get back to playing NYK basketball

so are you for trading Randolph, Chandler, and Gallo for Melo? Melo is not the "complimentary" player but would strengthen the core with Amare and Felton

How am i hating on youth i said at the moment they are not as good as they can be and we should dead trade talk and develop these guys. If anything I'm encouraging youth.

I mean we all know Chandler/Randolph/Gallinari are not studs right know but they have an opportunity to be so i said not to trade them and let them grow.:thumbsup:

IMO, they can grow in someone else's patch of grass. I know we play in the Garden, but that doesn't mean the place should be reeking of manure. I'm not sure if we need better fertilizer or a more experienced gardener.

iSaYughh

Starter
IMO, they can grow in someone else's patch of grass. I know we play in the Garden, but that doesn't mean the place should be reeking of manure. I'm not sure if we need better fertilizer or a more experienced gardener.

:teeth: That's rich.

I do hope Melo is acquired. I believe he will be, assuming Walsh has the will and vision to get it done.

We don't need unnecessary guesswork and risk when we can powermove into a sure thing; a blueprint for dominance and immediate legitimacy.

Damn. STAT and Melo would look good together on the Knicks. Two true ballers who want NYC.

I'm guessing it's just a poker game right now between Walsh and DEN, were we are stacked to win and are just trying to close things out at the best price (ie keep AR, Douglas, Walker).

It's a fata compli that Gallo would go and Chandler, too, likely vis a vis a trade for a pick.

KingCharles34

All Star
well apparently we do have some disloyal fans...The following poster is reacting to the Knicks firing Gus Johnson

smhrd3.gif
hope da knicks lose every fucking game this year
smhrd3.gif

IM DONE SOON AS DA NETS MOVE TO BROOKLYN... im switching over