Blame Game

Blas

Benchwarmer
You know it is amazing to me that there is all this hate for D'antoni and Gallo. You realize we are not loosing because of these two only. There is a lot more blame to go around then putting Gallo on the trading block and firing D'antoni.

First of all,

STAT needs to blamed for all of those turnovers. The guy is getting paid a ton of cash and he is a star and yet he still likes giving the other team the ball.

Felton is failing as our point guard. He can't even run the pick and roll correctly and Duhorrible could at least do that much.

I have to say those are two BIG problems that are contributing to our losses.

Our last game Turiaf was hurt who do we have to play at center? Mozgov? AR? Really, those two guys are so raw it is pretty hard to be angry at them. How in the world can you blast them, or the coach? Its not like D'antoni could ask Dwight Howard to go sub in for us. It isn't like D'antoni could go to Pat Ewing and ask him to develop those guys to be NBA ready in a month (heck Pat Ewing couldn't even do that).

Gallo, 2nd legit year, sophmore slumps. Yet you guys want to crucify him? He is a sophmore, let him screw up and learn.

What does firing D'antoni do for us? We get a new coach, who has a new system and we have to rebuild again with little draft picks. We finally get some players with calibur in a overhauled roster. Chemistry takes time. Have some patience and be angry at the fact that our situation right now is an organizational effort.

Walsh's bad move on trading Jefferies and our 1st round.
D'antoni's questionable game management.
STAT's turnovers.
Wilson's ineffecient gameplay (yeah he is putting up numbers but in a bad bad way).
Felton's bad floor general play.
Gallo's slump.
And so on.

It isn't one part fixes all in this cause. It's working with what we have and getting better at it.

Quote "Gallo, 2nd legit year, sophmore slumps. Yet you guys want to crucify him? He is a sophmore, let him screw up and learn."

why does this guy deserve special treatment? The NBA is for great players not PSAL players. He's been here 3 years and his game still sucks. Fields along with other draft picks came into the league playing very well. When Gallo was picked (wasteing our high pick) he was credited for being a whole lot more then what he has shown. His weak body shouldn't be an excuse for not playing well at this level. I'm sure if Gallo would have tooken that fall (body slam) that Fields took in one of the early games he would have shattered into pieces like candy glass with his candy ass. I hate on him and the coach because they are greatly overrated and their commitments for each other over the team is not only noticable its detrimental. The way this team is playing is bad, and most of it is due to coaching. Some want to keep making excuses, such as comparing our team to others but they fail to realize how we are losing. Miami has been losing because they have been playing too unselfish and the main players havn't really been playing their parts until recently. What about Golden State? During the pre-season, I remember someone saying LA was struggling too so what does theat mean? Well, they are undefeated the last time I checked, go figure. The bottom line is we need to cut the ties with these guys so we can move forward. I'm not willing to watch this team struggle to a point where even the hard headed Gallo and Antonio lovers wake up. Nip it in the bud now, because it obvious to many that it will not get much better. Especially when we keep losing in the same fashion. thats all on the coaches inability to mix it up and keeps pressing the "bombs away" style of play.

quiggle

Starter
I didn't think less than ten games I'm already convinced but it's obvious Carsares only came to the Knicks for personal financial security.

You know it is amazing to me that there is all this hate for D'antoni and Gallo. You realize we are not loosing because of these two only. There is a lot more blame to go around then putting Gallo on the trading block and firing D'antoni.

First of all,

STAT needs to blamed for all of those turnovers. The guy is getting paid a ton of cash and he is a star and yet he still likes giving the other team the ball.

Felton is failing as our point guard. He can't even run the pick and roll correctly and Duhorrible could at least do that much.

Our last game Turiaf was hurt who do we have to play at center? Mozgov? AR? Really, those two guys are so raw it is pretty hard to be angry at them. How in the world can you blast them, or the coach? Its not like D'antoni could ask Dwight Howard to go sub in for us. It isn't like D'antoni could go to Pat Ewing and ask him to develop those guys to be NBA ready in a month (heck Pat Ewing couldn't even do that).

Gallo, 2nd legit year, sophmore slumps. Yet you guys want to crucify him? He is a sophmore, let him screw up and learn.

What does firing D'antoni do for us? We get a new coach, who has a new system and we have to rebuild again with little draft picks. We finally get some players with calibur in a overhauled roster. Chemistry takes time. Have some patience and be angry at the fact that our situation right now is an organizational effort.

STAT's turnovers.
Wilson's ineffecient gameplay (yeah he is putting up numbers but in a bad bad way).
Gallo's slump.
And so on.

It isn't one part fixes all in this cause. It's working with what we have and getting better at it.

I didnt read your entire post, but blaming STAT for his turnovers is more on the coach than anyone else. No way this guy should be asked to handle the ball 15-20 ft from the rim CONSTANTLY. Most of his turnovers come with him trying to drive to the basket. Put his big ass down low and his turnovers will be cut by half EASILY...

quiggle

Starter
blame

if anyone to blame, is the fans, you people, because you still support such garbage to continue letting the Knicks make money then blow it away on foolish decisions afterwards. buy the jerseys, buy the tickets, subscribe to Cablevision.

if there was a bag of Doritos, new flavor that tasted like semen would you just sit there and complain yet continue buying it or will you ignore it and make a statement to the company that you won't stand for this garbage and you'll see them make changes in a jiffy.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
blame

if anyone to blame, is the fans, you people, because you still support such garbage to continue letting the Knicks make money then blow it away on foolish decisions afterwards. buy the jerseys, buy the tickets, subscribe to Cablevision.

if there was a bag of Doritos, new flavor that tasted like semen would you just sit there and complain yet continue buying it or will you ignore it and make a statement to the company that you won't stand for this garbage and you'll see them make changes in a jiffy.

Sais the mutinous fruit with a Pat Riley avatar. :finger:

Normally I have you as the sole member of my block list, but I had to see what sort of shit you threw in on this one.

No let downs as expected.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I didnt read your entire post

I think this is what some of those who responded didn't do either.

Maybe I didn't do a good job of writing it, but my point was everyone has something to do with us having problems.

It isn't one clear cut guy.

Before we could say a lot of it was Isiah or Layden, but I really do not think this is the case right now. I think we need to trust in everyone to work things out in the end instead of trying to start from scratch yet again.

That is my point.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I think this is what some of those who responded didn't do either.

Maybe I didn't do a good job of writing it, but my point was everyone has something to do with us having problems.

It isn't one clear cut guy.

Before we could say a lot of it was Isiah or Layden, but I really do not think this is the case right now. I think we need to trust in everyone to work things out in the end instead of trying to start from scratch yet again.

That is my point.

When I see more guys cutting and moving while the ball is also moving then I'll stop blaming D'Antoni. Look at what the Celtics did to the Heat last night. Then watch the Knicks. This is simple basketball 101. Move your body; move the ball.

All we do is swing the ball around the perimeter for a jumpshot, or one person driving while everyone else stands and watches. The pick and roll is leading to absolutely nothing right now. We don't have a sustainable offense.

That's all on the coach...if not the coach then who? The commentators? How about the dude's selling hotdogs and popcorn? Maybe the waterboy...I dunno. I always thought it was D'Antoni's job to make sure our offense isn't a liability.

Paul1355

All Star

First of all,

STAT's turnovers.
Gallo's slump.
And so on.

you haveballs to back up Mike D and Gallo this season.....let me start

Mike D has done a horrible job. HOrrible

This is the same pattern from last year....

We hustle for a short time while playing good defense, and we drive to the hoop and thats when we are winning...then we settle for jmpshots and miss them like always and then we stop guarding guys and play loose on defense and we start losing...every game! this the coach. He has to talk to his guys and stop these horrilbe runs they give up.

Losing to the T wolves is PATHETIC and FUBAR! completely

And gallo sucks, he is only good when h drives and draws fouls, he is not consistent enough to be called a shooter because he bricks most of the time.

He makes bone head plays and plays way too much when guys like Fields who are a thouand times smarter are on the bench and guys like Walker who have a much better outside shot are benched.

Please you have nothing to say that is good about Mike D and Gallo

I didnt even mention how bad Mike D has handled Felton and Amare...why does Amare get the ball 20 feet from the hoop for iso plays? The defense collapses on him everytime...Mike D has three set plays...1) Amare high post, Amare pick and pass out to open man on three point line, 3)Felton drives and kicks it out to three point line....no other play is in the playbook and guys like Fields take the playbook into their own hands and create plays because the coach is stupid and his pet rooster is even dumber.

This team is pathetic, they have so much talent, we got guys that are perfect for mike d's high paced offense and he still cant get these guys to hold leads...what an over rated coach...he has to get fired.

jzero29

Rotation player
coaching: -F When they were losing the 21pt lead...time out. if that didn't work, benchings, insert players who are hussling and playing as a team. No way those same players should have stayed on court...bench everone, put in the bottom of the bench I don't care. But despite their obvious lack of hussle, the players stayed in the game.

Instead of benching, he thinks he's trying to win the game by having his best players on floor. when he doesn't realize, he loses his team...then they lose anyway. Sad. Must bench situation.
No coach should lose a 21 pt lead.

Defense: 1st half it was A, steals, rebounds, blocks and challenging
2nd half F no hussle or heart with rebounding or shots. No benching the slackers. No body on kevin love...weak weak defense.

Offense: 1st half B+ ball movement, cuts, drives, spread the floor hitting shots. Offensive rebound and hussle.
2nd half F. No hussle on the boards. No ball movement. all just one on one play settling for 3 pointers. or a ridiculous drive by amare on 3-4defenders.

Seriously. there last dozen or so plays, they just shot up a 3 ordrove in alone and no one was underneath the basket. no fighting for rebounds either end.
Sad how one dimensional they are.
this game sent huge message to league on how to defend knicks
Stop stoudemire, stop the knicks.
We may pull out a couple games when the guys have a good shooting night. but most nights I fear will be the same...mediocre shooting leaving the defenders to converge on stoudemire.

Last edited:

jzero29

Rotation player
Gallo has been weak
randolph absent

felton, douglas, chandler all have had impressive games, but mostly inconsistent.
Mosgov still learning, looks behind the curve of NBA. Will take some time.
feilds has been okay. Nice surprise.

stoudemire can't do it alone. He needs shooters to spread floor so he can drive and create and a decent point guard to create for him some of the time...he's got neither.

Paul1355

All Star
coaching: -F When they were losing the 21pt lead...time out. if that didn't work, benchings, insert players who are hussling and playing as a team. No way those same players should have stayed on court...bench everone, put in the bottom of the bench I don't care. But despite their obvious lack of hussle, the players stayed in the game.

Instead of benching, he thinks he's trying to win the game by having his best players on floor. when he doesn't realize, he loses his team...then they lose anyway. Sad. Must bench situation.
No coach should lose a 21 pt lead.

Defense: 1st half it was A, steals, rebounds, blocks and challenging
2nd half F no hussle or heart with rebounding or shots. No benching the slackers. No body on kevin love...weak weak defense.

Offense: 1st half B+ ball movement, cuts, drives, spread the floor hitting shots. Offensive rebound and hussle.
2nd half F. No hussle on the boards. No ball movement. all just one on one play settling for 3 pointers. or a ridiculous drive by amare on 3-4defenders.

Seriously. there last dozen or so plays, they just shot up a 3 ordrove in alone and no one was underneath the basket. no fighting for rebounds either end.
Sad how one dimensional they are.
this game sent huge message to league on how to defend knicks
Stop stoudemire, stop the knicks.
We may pull out a couple games when the guys have a good shooting night. but most nights I fear will be the same...mediocre shooting leaving the defenders to converge on stoudemire.

just play a zone defense and you can crush our pathetic team

Blas

Benchwarmer
Don't get me wrong, D'antoni and Gallo have both been bad.

I'm just saying its much more then that.

Personally, Felton drives me nuts. I can understand not grasping the SSOL, but he CAN NOT pick and roll. Its insane. How can you not run a pick and roll?

the P&R is mostly a timing thing and takes getting use to with different players. Duhon and Lee was a perfect example of how you can get used to each other. Doing this from AntoniO's system...might be differcult, for certain PG's, maybe. I'll like to see a different system, I don't see this talent matching the gameplan. M.Jackson might can throw some NY zest on these boys.