Official Latrell Sprewell Thread

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yes there should absolutely be one..

Loved him as Warrior and he is one of the reasons I'm a Knicks fan to this day.

always been a knick fan but did also really love watching the early 90's warriors when i was a young baller. run tmc was the thing for me, then when mitch left seeing spree link up with mullin (my fav player ever) and timmy hardaway was a beautiful thing. but yeah spree played the bulk of his career at the knicks and the only other team i remotely cared about being the 90s warriors, so i'm a huge fan of his work. even made an all nba first team and cant forget when he drained 9 straight long balls, what a talented player he was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFN_hWKUZQg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiE9xaPTLs&feature=related

my favourite spree play that always has stuck in my mind since back then is at 0.42 in the second clip where he keeps it in the corner by going behind the back then makes the tough layup. (sorry that clip is all warriors)

Icetrash

Rookie
I am a young Knick fan, so don't know much about Latrell and never seen him play, but I was under the impression he was hated by the Knicks fan?

My favourite Latrell moment is when Jay-Z is repping his jersey in Izzo (H.O.V.A.) music video =]

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
SPREEWELL!!:beer: i remember his 3-point barrage at the garden damn, i wish i still have a jersey of him that fits me loll.

koudos on the thread! 5 star.

lets have a toast to Ewing, Houston, Spreewell, Starks, Jackson, Ward, and all the knicks that gave us years of enjoyment as fans, and heres to getting back to those days soon:beer:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
SPREEWELL!!:beer: i remember his 3-point barrage at the garden damn, i wish i still have a jersey of him that fits me loll.

lets have a toast to Ewing, Houston, Spreewell, Starks, Jackson, Ward, and all the knicks that gave us years of enjoyment as fans, and heres to getting back to those days soon:beer:
Look at the jersey in my avatar..... you can get one for like 25 on ebay in multiple sizes... : ):gony:

Giants89FLY

Rotation player

Absolutely, Very well said...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
all the sizes and i cant get a large or a medium XL im skeptic on getting it cause it might be a little too big

One of a very few players that was highly respected in NY. He wore the 8-ball jersey and was never a choke artist (well you know what I mean,lol). Even his car rims were a hit. Sprewellz spinning mayne, they're spinnniinnng!!

My dude..

moneyg

Starter
Spree has always been my man....

he was what allan houston wasnt

i remember one game we were gettin beat from the start.. like 15 zip...coach pulled all four starters......except spree....

im almost positive we won that game

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I hope they have the decades awards next year for Legends Night. He'll probably be a lock to win in voting for last decade if they let the fans vote again. He came in second to Houston in voting this year. YOU BETTER HONOR HIM, DOLAN

Latrell Sprewell was the hero of my childhood/teenager years.

I absolutely adored the man. I loved everything about him (no homo).

At his peak - his swagger wouldn't fit into a 747 - it was THAT big.

But he got game - more than 90% of the league's guards could have ever dreamt of.

A shame that he didn't get his ring with us. He absolutely deserved it. A true warrior.

Will never forget game 5 of the finals in 99 he made us all proud by refusing to give up and lose the championship. Took a very lucky shot from Avery Johnson to beat him.

The way he went back to the locker room, close to tears - that's what a real franchise legend is made of. A shame that we only had him from 98-2003.

He would be an All Star in todays NBA, pretty much a mashup between Rondo, Wade and Artest.