If Carmelo signs that extension...What should we do?

What should we do?

• Sign Marc Gasol in 2011

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Sign Glen Davis in 2011

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Trade for Gilbert Arenas

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Trade for Andre Igoudala

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Trade for Ben Gordon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade for Draft Picks

• Wait for Dwight Howard in 2013

• Total voters
So lets just say Carmelo picks up that extension tomorow morning. Then what should we do?

Should we spend our 2011 money else where

marc-gasol.jpg

glendavis-crybaby.jpg

Should we make a trade for....

gilbert-gun-e1261835075670.jpg

andre_iguodala.jpeg

ben_gordon_pistons.jpg

Should we just trade for Draft picks?

harrison-barnes.jpg

kyrie-Irving-NBA-camp-scouting.jpg

perry_jones.jpg

What should we do?

I still think Melo's comin though.

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
Sign Marc Gasol
Trade Chandler Mozgov Felton AR 1 secon rounder for Holiday and Iguodala

Holiday
Iguodala
Gallo
Amare
Gasol

Douglas, Turiaf, Fields, Walker

Then fire D'Antoni

= good team

iSaYughh

Starter
Simple.

Sign M.Gasol.

Try to trade for Mayo (Wilson, our 2nd rounders, AR, eg).

Resign Wilson if we don't deal him right then.

Then just sit tight, let Gallo & Fields continue their development, maybe even make a nice run next year. Having a quality starting C like Gasol would do wonders for us.

Plan to re-sign Turiaf year after. And with Felton's expiring looming, try to trade for CP3.

Felton, AR, two 1sts, Chandler, eg.

Or sit tight and do a Melo situation all over and nope he just waits to be a FA.

But, trading for Mayo, even Iggy, and just signing M.Gasol could mask us real, real, legit. If Gallo becomes the all star some think he could be, we could be an upper crust team next year, even if Melody falls thru.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
sign M.Gasol and trade for Iggy that gives us a solid starting five, and a young core at that point. that team can surprise people and make a championship run they will have defense a great second unit and an efficient starting 5 .

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
sign M.Gasol and trade for Iggy that gives us a solid starting five, and a young core at that point. that team can surprise people and make a championship run they will have defense a great second unit and an efficient starting 5 .

Have to wait and see who is available come trade deadline... Might be other players on the block that are a better fit. Although I have stated in the past that I would love Iggy on this team; feel his game would fit right in with this system and his D would greatly help the Knicks. I'm not sold 100% on Gasol yet... Not a dominate defender, not a great rebounder and is more of an offensive big man; would rather stick with developing Mozgov...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Simple.

Sign M.Gasol.

Try to trade for Mayo (Wilson, our 2nd rounders, AR, eg).

Resign Wilson if we don't deal him right then.

Then just sit tight, let Gallo & Fields continue their development, maybe even make a nice run next year. Having a quality starting C like Gasol would do wonders for us.

Plan to re-sign Turiaf year after. And with Felton's expiring looming, try to trade for CP3.

Felton, AR, two 1sts, Chandler, eg.

Or sit tight and do a Melo situation all over and nope he just waits to be a FA.

But, trading for Mayo, even Iggy, and just signing M.Gasol could mask us real, real, legit. If Gallo becomes the all star some think he could be, we could be an upper crust team next year, even if Melody falls thru.

Don't be so quick to give up on Felton just yet... The dude is starting to find a rythm with STAT as well as the rest of the team but there are still times when everyone miscommunicates... Hell, he might need the entire season before he is fully comfortable and in tune with these players. He is learning a new system, new players and new responsibilities...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Have to wait and see who is available come trade deadline... Might be other players on the block that are a better fit. Although I have stated in the past that I would love Iggy on this team; feel his game would fit right in with this system and his D would greatly help the Knicks. I'm not sold 100% on Gasol yet... Not a dominate defender, not a great rebounder and is more of an offensive big man; would rather stick with developing Mozgov...

i think if melo goes to the nets, your going to see us pull off a trade for iggy and i feel he could be had for a lot less then what we would give for melo. as for gasol i either want him or dalambert as our starting C cause i think dougie chandler, fields and turiaf coming off the bench would make us a great defensive second unit. while having Felton, Iggy, Gallo, STAT and say Gasol/Dalambert as our starting 5 thats a really good team that can compete with the lakers and the magics, etc.

moneyg

Starter
we have two big needs at the 2 and the 5

id like to shore up the 5 spot with gasol or tyson chandler and move turiaf as the first big off the bench...let the russian do more development in practice.

the 2 spot is shaky. we need a sg that can create and has a wicked jimmy.

as much as i hate to say it.. our best option out there is probably jamal crawford.

if we can sign him to a resonable contract 30mil/3yrs.. if we miss out on gasol.. snd still sign wilson chandler that would be good.

i dont want to trade curry expiring contract for a bad contract.. like iggy or arenas.. that would be hustling backwards..

id would trade curry 1 year for a two year like a billups or a nash beacuse i belive felton can guard most two guards

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Depends...I still want CP3 on this team.

But in the meantime we sign Marc Gasol, release Timofey Mozgov (IIRC his contract is a team option after the first year) or get him back at the minimum, and we trade Wilson Chandler for OJ Mayo.

Felton
Mayo
Gallo
Amar'e
Marc Gasol

That's an amazing starting 5. And if we pick up CP3...

CP3
Mayo
Gallo
Amar'e
Gasol

That's just impossible to beat.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I don't see D'Antoni wanting Iggy. A SG that shoots 32% from 3. We've got Chandler for that.

If Melo signs an extension before the deadline, I see us going after Rudy Fernandez. I think the only reason we haven't traded for him yet is because we are waiting for Melo to make up his mind and we don't want to trade away any assets that could be used to get him.

If Melo signs an extension after the deadline, I see us going after Jason Richardson, Rudy Fernandez or O.J. Mayo for the SG during the offseason. We desperately need a shooter that can handle the ball and pass well. I could also see us going for Ricky Rubio to play behind Felton.

We also desperately need a big man that can rebound and bang other than Turiaf. Gasol? Maybe.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
i think if melo goes to the nets, your going to see us pull off a trade for iggy and i feel he could be had for a lot less then what we would give for melo. as for gasol i either want him or dalambert as our starting C cause i think dougie chandler, fields and turiaf coming off the bench would make us a great defensive second unit. while having Felton, Iggy, Gallo, STAT and say Gasol/Dalambert as our starting 5 thats a really good team that can compete with the lakers and the magics, etc.

Who are you trading for Iggy?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I don't see
Don't be so quick to give up on Felton just yet... The dude is starting to find a rythm with STAT as well as the rest of the team but there are still times when everyone miscommunicates... Hell, he might need the entire season before he is fully comfortable and in tune with these players. He is learning a new system, new players and new responsibilities...
wanting Iggy. A SG that shoots 32% from 3. We've got Chandler for that.

If Melo signs an extension before the deadline, I see us going after Rudy Fernandez. I think the only reason we haven't traded for him yet is because we are waiting for Melo to make up his mind and we don't want to trade away any assets that could be used to get him.

If Melo signs an extension after the deadline, I see us going after Jason Richardson, Rudy Fernandez or O.J. Mayo for the SG during the offseason. We desperately need a shooter that can handle the ball and pass well. I could also see us going for Ricky Rubio to play behind Felton.

We also desperately need a big man that can rebound and bang other than Turiaf. Gasol? Maybe.

Why is everyone inlove with Gasol??? Like I said earlier, not a dominate defender or rebounder; just an offensive big man. I don't see him meshing with STAT well and we need to mind STATs game.
Also, I think Mike D would welcome Iggy because A) His D is desperatly needed, especially they way he can defend his own man with out needing assistance
b) In his system it is the 3 that he loves to push out and shoot long range jumpers while his guards keep the ball in motion.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Why is everyone inlove with Gasol??? Like I said earlier, not a dominate defender or rebounder; just an offensive big man. I don't see him meshing with STAT well and we need to mind STATs game.
Also, I think Mike D would welcome Iggy because A) His D is desperatly needed, especially they way he can defend his own man with out needing assistance
b) In his system it is the 3 that he loves to push out and shoot long range jumpers while his guards keep the ball in motion.

Why is Iggy's D desperately needed? Felton, Chandler, Douglas seem to have that covered.

We don't have a shooting guard that can shoot. This is one of the main resons the pick-and-roll has not worked very well. D'Antoni's system requires every one on the wing to be able to shoot to allow spacing for the pick-and-roll. Iggy is not a good shooter.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Here's the thing - which of these moves will bring us closer to a championship?

I think, if we can't get Melo, I say we focus on getting a tough defensive team and winning games 89-83. Bring back the old style of Knicks basketball...

Honestly I'd be happy if he did sign that contract with the Nuggets. We don't need another SF here in NY no matter who it is. I voted to wait for D.Howard. Just think about Dwight and Amare playing together down low.... its just insane! Then we need to find a way to get Rubio here, fill in the SG spot with any SG's (with size) avalable that can shoot the 3 :) and were set!

Felton/Rubio/Rautins
Fields/Rautins/3pt shooter's
Gallo/Fields/3pt shooter's
Amare/AR
Howard/Mozgov

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Honestly I'd be happy if he did sign that contract with the Nuggets. We don't need another SF here in NY no matter who it is. I voted to wait for D.Howard. Just think about Dwight and Amare playing together down low.... its just insane! Then we need to find a way to get Rubio here, fill in the SG spot with any SG's (with size) avalable that can shoot the 3 :) and were set!

Felton/Rubio/Rautins
Fields/Rautins/3pt shooter's
Gallo/Fields/3pt shooter's
Amare/AR
Howard/Mozgov

Let's just wait til 2020 when Durant and Westbrook become free agents to. We'd be set for life!!!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Why is Iggy's D desperately needed? Felton, Chandler, Douglas seem to have that covered.

We don't have a shooting guard that can shoot. This is one of the main resons the pick-and-roll has not worked very well. D'Antoni's system requires every one on the wing to be able to shoot to allow spacing for the pick-and-roll. Iggy is not a good shooter.

In order for the pick-and-roll to work you have to have motion in the back court. Mike D's lineup in Pheonix had Raja Bell as the starting 2 guard and he was a prolific defender and an average 3 point shooter but nowhere near a sharpshooter. Iggy could be that Raja Bell type player... Barbosa came off the bench and I see Douglas moving into that role. If they were a half court team who was working the inside outside game, like the Spurs, then they would need that sharp shooting 2 or 1 guard.