Minnesota eyeing AR for Telfair

moneyg

Starter
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14486778/rebuilding-turning-into-lengthy-process-for-timberwolves

Sources say the Wolves also are targeting Anthony Randolph, who is languishing on the Knicks' bench after being acquired from Golden State as part of the sign-and-trade arrangement that landed David Lee in the Bay Area. Minnesota officials will not part with Ridnour in the deal, according to an executive familiar with the team's strategy, but instead hope that Telfair would be enough to solve the Knicks' backup point guard dilemma.

The would have to include a first rounder as well for me to do this or corey brewer..

I mean O'antoni aint playing AR anyway..might as well get something

moneyg

Starter
i wouldnt do it either if we had a different coach.. but its clear AR will be on the bench for the balance of his contract..and you got to give O'antoni what he wants..

u mean to tell me the Shawne williams is better than AR.. i dont think so... but AR aint playing.. just like darko...just like t mo...and just like nate for 20+ games for goofing around.. if we had popovich for a coach.. alll of these thrreads would be maningless... because we would be targeting differnt type of players...

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I hope this is a rumor I saw it too

:alert:So we traded David Lee for Sebastian Telfair,Ronny, and maybe half a season if we are lucky of Kelenna.. Great move lol... I hope this is a rumor:alert:

moneyg

Starter
:alert:So we traded David Lee for Sebastian Telfair,Ronny, and maybe half a season if we are lucky of Kelenna.. Great move lol... I hope this is a rumor:alert:

i think we should of got monta ellis in the deal..SMH...O'antoni would of definately played him.. and we would of still had cap space for melo..turiaf is the only value here.. we knew azzy would be hard to come back form his injury...

i also really dont call it a real trade... that just like ssayin the Cavs got a couple of picks for Lebron... if your losing them anyway.. might as well get something

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
i think we should of got monta ellis in the deal..SMH...O'antoni would of definately played him.. and we would of still had cap space for melo..turiaf is the only value here.. we knew azzy would be hard to come back form his injury...

i also really dont call it a real trade... that just like ssayin the Cavs got a couple of picks for Lebron... if your losing them anyway.. might as well get something

yeah Im not gonna jump the gun but i hope this dont happen man really dont

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14486778/rebuilding-turning-into-lengthy-process-for-timberwolves

Sources say the Wolves also are targeting Anthony Randolph, who is languishing on the Knicks' bench after being acquired from Golden State as part of the sign-and-trade arrangement that landed David Lee in the Bay Area. Minnesota officials will not part with Ridnour in the deal, according to an executive familiar with the team's strategy, but instead hope that Telfair would be enough to solve the Knicks' backup point guard dilemma.

The would have to include a first rounder as well for me to do this or corey brewer..

I mean O'antoni aint playing AR anyway..might as well get something

Donnie Walsh isn't dumb enough to make that trade!

Markutis

Benchwarmer
What about adding Ricky Rubio rights to the deal? The only way i would let this trade happen. I know Kahn is in love with the kid but Ricky would be more than happy if that happens. He's the perfect backup pg for the Knicks. Good defense, likes to run, gives a lot of intensity from the bench and a pass first option pointguard.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Knicks' interest in Ricky Rubio is well-known throughout the league and...not once has David Kahn even come close to shopping him.

I can't understand for the life of me Kahn's fetish with PGs (draft Rubio, Lawson, Flynn, all the while signing Ramon Sessions and Luke Ridnour? Really?) but it seems he's not going to part with Ricky Rubio just yet...which is fine, it's his loss.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
**** that shit if walsh does that then he's ****in retarded and should be shot. AR can be used to help us get someone way better then Telfair, id rather use AR to get McGee or Blatche

metrocard

Legend
**** that shit if walsh does that then he's ****in retarded and should be shot. can be used to help us get someone way better then Telfair, id rather use AR to get McGee or Blatche

IMO, AR > Blatche or McGee.

Not now, just what he's capable of.

iSaYughh

Starter
Randolph is the type of guy I could see Kahn falling in love with and getting a rape put on him by.

Whether it's straight up or part of a gangbang w other players.

Of course, I can't remember the last time we got the clear best of a deal. Let alone bent over a rival franchise and dominated them. So, I almost expect us to do a AR for Telfair type deal.

Kahn likely does want to consolidate his guards. It's borderline pathetic what he's done with his pg stable.

Thing is, that bitch has to do something with one of Rubio/Flynn/Ridnour eventually. And it's really Flynn or Rubio while keeping Ridnour as a backup. And with Flynn already a fan favorite and proven himself somewhat, a Rubio for AR trade actually makes a lot of sense, IMHO.

Either way, Telfair and a 1st for AR and a 2nd would be pretty sweet.

mafra

Legend
This rumor is even funnier than the Turiaf for Duhon swap.

Sounds sort of like when we NYK fans start throwing out wild ideas, assuming we can pawn pieces we don't want/need for players we covet.

I did read that Kahn was in NY watching a game.... I'm sure he was scouting things firsthand.

Sessions-Ridnour were signed for depth and insurance. Rubio was Kahn's #1 choice to play PG. I have no idea why he took Flynn. He messed everything up for Knicks. Maybe we get a PG instead of Hill had this muckup not ruin everything in the 2009 draft.

He drafts Flynn probably b/c he felt like collecting assets was better than taking something else. Who knows. Curry, Derozan, Jennings would have been more logical, but you're still looking at 2 PGs anyway.

He also probably felt like Rubio would hold out for 2-3 years, so he drafts Flynn to serve as interim PG. Who knows.

Kahn is a loose cannon, and it sounds like the cat is off his rocker if he thinks Walsh (who likes Randolph) will dump him when his value is lowest, for a backup PG.

Kahn's sense of market value has been distorted b/c of the salary purging last summer (they got Beasley for a bag of balls).

Still, Randolph-Love has potential to be something dynamic. Say what you want about Kahn's tactics.... but he is building something.

LOVE, BEASLEY
FLYNN, RUBIO
WESLEY JOHNSON
DARKO, BREWER

He's slowly building something, no? MIN has draft picks. They're young. They have talent. Of course, they don't have a legit superstar.... just a bunch of quality, above-average players.

WORD IS OJ MAYO is on his wish list as well, and might be on ours 2.

Another young top 1st rounder with lots of upside. HIs scoring, along with Beasley, would compliment a team with Rubio-Johnson-Love and Randolph?

I think the key to trading Randolph to MIN must/should/would involve MEM as well.

MEM sends MAYO to MIN
MIN sends their 1st round pick to NYK
NYK sends Randolph to MEM

* This pick is key b/c DEN seeks a HIGH 1st rounder (lottery) selection in the upcoming draft.

Who knows. But I would bet the farm that WALSH wont be sending Randolph to MIN for ST.