Dantoni is the reason for Mozgov's Success

Toons

is the Bo$$
Not just Dantoni, but the trainers, the coaching staff, and everyone who has a hand in developing our Rookie.

Mike D?Antoni acknowledged he?d always wanted Mozgov in the Knicks starting lineup, and with his recent performances, the 7-foot rookie center has given the coach a reason to keep him there.

But I think Tim has played well enough to deserve it, first of all. And we should be better with more size.?

?I think he simplified his game,? D?Antoni said. ?We?ve got him in a spot where he can catch and dunk, and not trying to do too much, not trying to be too fast, slowed it down a little bit. And he?s not fouling every time. He?s doing a good job, playing overall better defensive game and he simplified his offense.?

Since returning to the rotation, he?s averaged 11.4 points and 7.2 rebounds, and shot 65.7 percent from the floor.

?I think it?s first because I feel the game better,? said Mozgov, who said he?s drawn confidence from the faith D?Antoni has shown in him and the knowledge his coach wants him on the court.
?When your coach wants you on the court and gives you some more confidence ... it?s great for you and really builds your confidence,? he said

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic..._against_2Pr3kuUSwDQyEu2Pezyx6O#ixzz1DfIQ3aW5

Not just Dantoni, but the trainers, the coaching staff, and everyone who has a hand in developing our Rookie.

Mike D’Antoni acknowledged he’d always wanted Mozgov in the Knicks starting lineup, and with his recent performances, the 7-foot rookie center has given the coach a reason to keep him there.

But I think Tim has played well enough to deserve it, first of all. And we should be better with more size.”

“I think he simplified his game,” D’Antoni said. “We’ve got him in a spot where he can catch and dunk, and not trying to do too much, not trying to be too fast, slowed it down a little bit. And he’s not fouling every time. He’s doing a good job, playing overall better defensive game and he simplified his offense.”

Since returning to the rotation, he’s averaged 11.4 points and 7.2 rebounds, and shot 65.7 percent from the floor.

“I think it’s first because I feel the game better,” said Mozgov, who said he’s drawn confidence from the faith D’Antoni has shown in him and the knowledge his coach wants him on the court.
When your coach wants you on the court and gives you some more confidence ... it’s great for you and really builds your confidence,” he said

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic..._against_2Pr3kuUSwDQyEu2Pezyx6O#ixzz1DfIQ3aW5

LMAO. Is MDA doing you on the side? You're on his balls like an undersized jock strap.

You do understand that you fav coach had no clue what this kid could bring to the table? You do realize if we werent injured last week this kid is still riding the pine. You do realize the only reason MDA is talking favorably about MOZ is because he doesnt want to look like even more of an idiot? Maybe you're to stupid to realize these FACTS!!!

KBlack25

Starter
LMAO. Is MDA doing you on the side? You're on his balls like an undersized jock strap.

You do understand that you fav coach had no clue what this kid could bring to the table? You do realize if we werent injured last week this kid is still riding the pine. You do realize the only reason MDA is talking favorably about MOZ is because he doesnt want to look like even more of an idiot? Maybe you're to stupid to realize these FACTS!!!

You do realize Mozgov was the starter at the beginning of the year right?

You do realize Mozgov was the starter at the beginning of the year right?

You do realize AR was getting some minutes at the beginning of the year right? Dont act (hopefully its an act) dumb. If AR had did what Moz did against Detroit we'd be talking about AR right now. Moz would still be riding the pine like AR is today.

Toons

is the Bo$$

You do understand that you fav coach had no clue what this kid could bring to the table? You do realize if we werent injured last week this kid is still riding the pine. You do realize the only reason MDA is talking favorably about MOZ is because he doesnt want to look like even more of an idiot? Maybe you're to stupid to realize these FACTS!!![/QUOTE]

the main quotes to support the title, were quotes from mozgov himself you asshole. Dantoni is not my favorite coach, phil jackson is. But dantoni is a knick, so i will defend any stupid and unfair criticism.

Where are the Facts that im ignoring? a consiricy theory is not a fact.

KBlack25

Starter
You do realize AR was getting some minutes at the beginning of the year right? Dont act (hopefully its an act) dumb. If AR had did what Moz did against Detroit we'd be talking about AR right now. Moz would still be riding the pine like AR is today.

If Ifs and Buts Were Candy and Nuts, Everyday Would Be Christmas.

IF AR did what Moz did...IF IF IF. But the fact is, he didn't. In fact, last time AR got in the game, rather than focus on rebounding and defense, what we need him for, he popped a 20 foot J with tons of time left on the clock that missed the rim by inches to feet...

You do understand that you fav coach had no clue what this kid could bring to the table? You do realize if we werent injured last week this kid is still riding the pine. You do realize the only reason MDA is talking favorably about MOZ is because he doesnt want to look like even more of an idiot? Maybe you're to stupid to realize these FACTS!!![/QUOTE]

the main quotes to support the title, were quotes from mozgov himself you asshole. Dantoni is not my favorite coach, phil jackson is. But dantoni is a knick, so i will defend any stupid and unfair criticism.

Where are the Facts that im ignoring? a consiricy theory is not a fact.

Look we've gone over the facts bout the Moz situation 1000x since he broke out on Detroit. If they need explaining to you for the 1001x you're an idiot.

All the criticism MDA receives he brings on himself. Hows that unfair?

If Ifs and Buts Were Candy and Nuts, Everyday Would Be Christmas.

IF AR did what Moz did...IF IF IF. But the fact is, he didn't. In fact, last time AR got in the game, rather than focus on rebounding and defense, what we need him for, he popped a 20 foot J with tons of time left on the clock that missed the rim by inches to feet...

The fact is MDA ruined this kids confidence.

KBlack25

Starter

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA

So...we should care when MDA ruined a kid's confidence b/c that is wrong of the coach.

BUT...

We shouldn't care if the fans possibly are hurting the team's confidence with their chants b/c that makes them weak.

Am I understanding your collective argument correctly?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA

So...we should care when MDA ruined a kid's confidence b/c that is wrong of the coach.

BUT...

We shouldn't care if the fans possibly are hurting the team's confidence with their chants b/c that makes them weak.

Am I understanding your collective argument correctly?

How did the fans get in this conversation? BUT to show how idiotic you sound I'll explain the difference.

The coach hands out PT based on a plethora of things from talent to contract status to favoritism. These has a direct connection to how a player perceives himself and performs. Hence the confidence issue.

Fans buy tickets, Boo and cheer. If a player is performing badly because of something a fan says he isnt concentrating on the court. He's weak.

Toons

is the Bo$$
“I think it’s first because I feel the game better,” said Mozgov, who said he’s drawn confidence from the faith D’Antoni has shown in him and the knowledge his coach wants him on the court.
“When your coach wants you on the court and gives you some more confidence ... it’s great for you and really builds your confidence,” he said

Clyde....ur done.....step away from the computer

Toons

is the Bo$$

?I think it?s first because I feel the game better,? said Mozgov, who said he?s drawn confidence from the faith D?Antoni has shown in him and the knowledge his coach wants him on the court.
?When your coach wants you on the court and gives you some more confidence ... it?s great for you and really builds your confidence,? he said

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I dont care if Joseph Stalin is the reason for Mozgov's success just as long as he is producing.

I dont have the capabilities to make a thread yet, but can you please unban Crazy8's or someone at least make a semi entertaining gamethread because this is ridiculous that nothing is up the day of the game let alone a Lakers/Knicks battle at the Garden. :agreed:

Clyde....ur done.....step away from the computer

So you're trying to make this into the chicken and the egg thing I see. Lets see if you can follow the time line. Baby steps.

What came first? Moz's breakout game or MDA's confidence in him?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
So you're trying to make this into the chicken and the egg thing I see. Lets see if you can follow the time line. Baby steps.

What came first? Moz's breakout game or MDA's confidence in him?

Well considering that D'ant started the year with Moz as our starter and made the decision to start him in the very breakout game you just referenced I will have to go with MDA being first. Not to mention MOZGOV SAID IT HIMSELF!

KBlack25

Starter
How did the fans get in this conversation? BUT to show how idiotic you sound I'll explain the difference.

The coach hands out PT based on a plethora of things from talent to contract status to favoritism. These has a direct connection to how a player perceives himself and performs. Hence the confidence issue.

Fans buy tickets, Boo and cheer. If a player is performing badly because of something a fan says he isnt concentrating on the court. He's weak.

Fair enough.

But I have seen two players: Moz and Randolph ride the pine.

I have seen one of them up first at every timeout. I have seen the other one of them not get up at all.

I have seen one of them deep in the huddle every timeout. I have seen the other one stare at the camera away from the huddle while a play is drawn up.

I have seen of them clapping his hands and smiling on the bench. I have seen the other one sulking on the bench even during a W.

Guess who is who? Guess which one the coach has more confidence in?

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Fair enough.

But I have seen two players: Moz and Randolph ride the pine.

I have seen one of them up first at every timeout. I have seen the other one of them not get up at all.

I have seen one of them deep in the huddle every timeout. I have seen the other one stare at the camera away from the huddle while a play is drawn up.

I have seen of them clapping his hands and smiling on the bench. I have seen the other one sulking on the bench even during a W.

Guess who is who? Guess which one the coach has more confidence in?
nah man every timeout I see Randolph up, he may not have as much enthusiasm as Moz but he is there. I do agree with the huddle comment cause when the camera is on him he is looking at the other teams huddle or mid court for no reason

Well considering that D'ant started the year with Moz as our starter and made the decision to start him in the very breakout game you just referenced I will have to go with MDA being first. Not to mention MOZGOV SAID IT HIMSELF!

Mike D's/Moz confidence timeline:

1) Mike D starts Moz and plays him sparingly confidence meter 50%
2) Mike D benches Moz for two months confidence meter 0%
3) Due to injuries Mike D plays Moz but before the game says that Moz would continue his role on the bench when the team is healthy confidence meter 0%
4) Moz has breakout game after which MDA says 23 & 14 I THINK I'll try it again confidence meter 60%
5) Moz continues to play and play well most games but was benched for the entire 4th quarter last game after scoring 18 pts Confidence meter 80%

Seems about right to me. Mike D gets absolutely no credit for helping Moz gain confidence initially. He can gain some credit by playing him from this point forward. But he had no confidence at all in this kid going into the Detroit game, NONE...