Knicks moving on from melo

Hayato

Benchwarmer
**BREAKING NEWS** Knicks have * OFFICIALLY* ended talks with the Denver Nuggets > Source "Knicks have moved on to other things" No Carmelo---via incarceratedbob

KingofNy

Starter
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=oconnor_ian&id=6130435

"Melo wants to be a Knick, he's let everyone know that, and now the Knicks have to do their part. I still think it's 80-20 that he ends up in New York in a trade. But if Melo doesn't get traded, he's going to be very upset and I don't think he ever plays for the Knicks."

This article says it all. If we don't get him now we never will. I hope incarcerated Bob is wrong but I don't doubt it. I have a feeling NYC's team is going to be mediocre for the next 10 years unless we can work out a deal with Denver.

tiger0330

Legend
Tell you the truth if I was Donnie I would feel like Prokhorov, cut off talks because it's getting too expensive and Denver is just jerking me around.
What I said.

IncarceratedBob is just a blogger so it's not official. I sure would like to know what Denver was looking for that Donnie pulled the plug on this.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
What the hell is with all this media crap? For the past 10 years all what espn has done was make the Knicks look awful and now all of a sudden they want to make a contender out of us? :rolleyes:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What the hell is with all this media crap? For the past 10 years all what espn has done was make the Knicks look awful and now all of a sudden they want to make a contender out of us? :rolleyes:

F*ck ESPN, seriously. How they've maintained any credibility in such areas is beyond me after the last off-season.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
**BREAKING NEWS** Knicks have * OFFICIALLY* ended talks with the Denver Nuggets > Source "Knicks have moved on to other things" No Carmelo---via incarceratedbob

They also said that he Nets were moving on from Melo, then all of a sudden they are back in it. I can't listen to this crap anymore. Someone tell me when the trade deadline gets here.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
They also said that he Nets were moving on from Melo, then all of a sudden they are back in it. I can't listen to this crap anymore. Someone tell me when the trade deadline gets here.

idk incarcaratedbob said cromartie isnt going back to the jets about a month ago and now reports are surfacing that he isnt going back

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
After watching last night's hawk-knicks game, I had that third sense in me that was telling me that we were watching Galo and Chandler's final game with the Knicks. I don't know what it was. I still have a feeling the Knicks will land Melo and Galo & Chandler will be part of the deal.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
idk incarcaratedbob said cromartie isnt going back to the jets about a month ago and now reports are surfacing that he isnt going back

That was kind of a given tho. Between Harris, Edwards or Holmes, and Cro...Antonio was the least likely to get a longterm deal going into the murky, unclear future of the league. That wasn't some grand analysis and insight by anyone.

Melo was never going to be traded before a few days (maybe even hours) before the deadline. Just like the only way that the Nuggets would take any Knicks offers seriously was because they had no choice since we would likely be the last willing trading partner that Melo would sign for.

These are things I was saying in August and Sept. of last year. Donnie hasn't walked away from anything. Patience people, patience...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Latest asking price:

Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Landry Fields, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov and a first-round pick (obtained via Anthony Randolph) for Anthony and point guard Chauncey Billups.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/source_nuggets_want_knicks_and_deal_Ruwhn5zMP2Dib0Uq72DAIM

Lets move on fellas. Trade for Pryzbilla. Preserve cap space to sign Melo this summer. If Melo sign somewhere else, that means he was just about the money. We'll still be in good position to build a contender. Melo is a great scorer, one of the best. But he shouldn't be the be-all/end-all for the Knicks. There are better options.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Latest asking price:

Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Landry Fields, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov and a first-round pick (obtained via Anthony Randolph) for Anthony and point guard Chauncey Billups.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/source_nuggets_want_knicks_and_deal_Ruwhn5zMP2Dib0Uq72DAIM

Lets move on fellas. Trade for Pryzbilla. Preserve cap space to sign Melo this summer. If Melo sign somewhere else, that means he was just about the money. We'll still be in good position to build a contender. Melo is a great scorer, one of the best. But he shouldn't be the be-all/end-all for the Knicks. There are better options.

Agree

There is no way I make that deal and give up 4 starters. Sorry but Denver's FO is horrible and the reports that they don't know what they want are greatly under-exaggerated (not sure that's a word). They really are run ass backwards. When did they start consulting with Isiah? Donnie will not give into that, no way no how. If the deal can be scaled back then I do it but, for that, no thanks. Let's try and focus on Pryz for the now and Gasol/Jordan this summer.

Incarcerated Bob is an Idiot.

He has said like 500 things that never happened.

1. BREAKING NEWS LeBron agrees to 6 year S&T with Knicks and Cavs!

2. BREAKIN NEWS! Dwayne Wade Concidering signing 6 year deal with Clippers!

3. BREAKING NEWS! Carmelo Trade talks to LA heating up! Kobe for Melo swap likely!

4. BREAKING NEWS! The Nets have agreed to a deal to bring LeBron in for Lopez and Morrow!

5. BREAKING NEWS! I spew bull shit!

iSaYughh

Starter
Sighs.

Nobody is moving on from some shit.

This is the innards of the media right now:

Melo obviously wants to come here, asap. Melo is getting tired of it taking a while, doesn't like all the money/career implications in a flux

That is a basic, necessary, invariable human emotion.

Melo says to a bro "shit so, I want this to get done sooner"

ESPN Headline,

"Melo growing weary of Knicks, very upset it is taking this long"

It's such a parsed, incomplete, obvious but fraudulent headline that then gets run with.

Nets try to get a HOF player and decide they would like him on their team,

"New Jersey Nets Right Back In The Hunt For Melo, Talks With DEN Heating Back Up"

"Knicks Looking In Other Directions" :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Aka keeping your mother ****ing options open and doing business with a modicum of basic human nature and entrepreneurial functioning.
:update: