Douglas is better than Duhon.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Put it this way there's no way our team can get any worse if we start Douglas; Duhon might be the worst starting Point Guard in the entire league.

Yeah, that's exactly the way I see it...We're already a trainwreck, might as well let the rookie get some experience. And Duhon IS the worst starting point guard in the league, this guy is worse than Howard Eisley...:barf:

Paul1355

All Star
Douglas should start...Duhon has been on a "cold streak" all season...there is something wrong with him this year. He does not play aggressive offensive basketball and draw fouls which was his main skill last year. Duhon has also shown to have a very low IQ with his telegraphed passes, turnovers, and over rated defense. Duhon was good last year, and very good before the all star break last year, but now he is proving that he will always be a bench player.

Douglas has a different attitude towards the game that Duhon does not have, Douglas will take over if he has to. Duhon will do anything to think that he has to drive to the hoop and pass outside to win games, Duhon barely tries to take over and when he does we usually come up short. Duhon has only shown bright spots when the game is close and he drives towards the basket for a lay up or foul.

Douglas is a gamer, plain and simple. He knows his role and will go beyond by himself and not go back to the bad play calling by Duhon and/or Mike D has taught the team.

CoolClyde

Duhon is a lackadaisical chump who belongs on the bench

Agreed, start Douglas over Duhon. we've got nothing to lose, other than more games started by Duhon. His aggression level is close to molasses, he gets an occasional hot streak going, but his pick n roll offense with Lee disappears against better teams, and his defense sucks badly.

Douglas has spunk, and this Jizz game could be his coming-out party. Let's hope No-D'Antoni's love affair with Duhon ends sooner than later. Coach K must have convinced him at the Olympics that Duhon was a winner in college, but the NBA has proven otherwise. Duhon is a sleepy-eyed, inconsistent player, Douglas has the makings of a star. Let's check him out now! Bench Duhon!

Kiyaman

Legend
Is Toney Douglas ready to be a starter in the NBA???

: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz0WPwPLuDi

After reading all the responses to this thread there isnt much I can add b/c I agree to alot of points made. However, the above article has alot to do with why the Knicks are 1-7 rather than 4-3.

No one had any complaints about Duhon starting the first 51 games last season averaging 44 mpg.

This season things look confusing with Duhon "trying" to set the team-temple for how the guards should run things, and Harrington "trying" to set the team-temple for the bigmen. They are not qualified.

Red....I like alot of things u wrote but I have to disagree with u on Nate & Lee, this Knick team needs them now and in the future. Both players has been playing out of their natural position for the last two seasons. So any mistake or flaws in their game last season dont count b/c they did well playing out of positions and in a 6-man rotation the majority of the season.
And last year this time both should've been given a lucrative one year extension for this season for the purpose of the 2010 plan.

Kiyaman

Legend
Oh yeah, Toney D. hyped himself up very well for the challenge of being able to compete against Deron Williams.

I doubt in his rookie season if he is able to give us that same consistent performance on a nightly basis.
I like the idea of a Toney D. and Nate tandem starting the 2nd quarter with Chandler inside game, Gallo outside game, and Lee's great passing off the rebound to start the transition game flowing.

Red

TYPE-A
Yessssss Toney is starting today!

Damn! T-Doug starting... and we're winning?! Imma change my name to NostroRedness! Let me stop. And Kiya- f*ck Lee and N8 they are too expensive and expendable. Why you think they got 1 yr deals that won't be extended?

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn! T-Doug starting... and we're winning?! Imma change my name to NostroRedness! Let me stop. And Kiya- f*ck Lee and N8 they are too expensive and expendable. Why you think they got 1 yr deals that won't be extended?

Toney D. is starting alongside of Duhon.....but the Knicks bench is the winning crew in the first half of the game.

thomasv78

Rookie
T Douglas and college

interesting note...

T Douglas and former Knick point guard Charlie Ward both played college ball at FSU.

Douglas was not a traditional point at FSU - I think he is best suited playing a 6th man role

Red

TYPE-A
Told ya'!

O.K. now that we've established T-Doug is better. Get Hill some minutes Mustache! Why... 1) because Lee won't be here 2) Your a great coach right? So take his raw talent and develop him. Proove why you used the pick on him 3) Losing don't matter- we don't have a draft pick ANYWAY!! 4) he's probably better than Lee already! 5) By next year he can really be a contributer.

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm hoping last nights game put Toney as the starting pointguard and relegated Duhon to the bench.

Seriously. Douglas is playing great, Hughes is playing great, Duhon not so much...Duhon had his chances to snap out of this slump, shit ain't happening anytime soon. Rest him, teach him a lesson, if he somehow turns it around, then change it back, but right now he is doing nothing but hurting the team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I agree he's better (no brainer), but whether or not starting him now is good timing is circumstantial in regard to the seasons progression.

Thank Allah that Sessions wasn't signed... Prefer Toney D over that kid any day.

In a years time, (if not sooner) we'll be saying Toney D is better than N8 as well. As of now, N8's superiority is only marginal IMO. Why? Starts with D and ends with E.

Duhon is a hard wood wench.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
O.K. now that we've established T-Doug is better. Get Hill some minutes Mustache! Why... 1) because Lee won't be here 2) Your a great coach right? So take his raw talent and develop him. Proove why you used the pick on him 3) Losing don't matter- we don't have a draft pick ANYWAY!! 4) he's probably better than Lee already! 5) By next year he can really be a contributer.

I think he's playing Jeffries so he can be traded. Hill will probably see more time after the trade deadline when it is finally realized that it's hopeless to try and trade Jeffries. Plus, Hill has looked completely lost in practice (Alan Hahn's words not mine).

Like you said, losing doesn't matter. Getting rid of Jeffries and Curry is far more important than giving Hill playing time.

And D'Antoni didn't draft Hill, Walsh did. Makes you really wonder about Walsh's drafting ability. Drafting a guy that can't even crack the rotation on one of the worst teams in the league. SMH.

And apparently Walsh said he didn't have enough information on Jennings to draft him at #8. WTF? How is that possible when many posters (including myself) on this site knew Jennings was the better pick??

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think he's playing Jeffries so he can be traded. Hill will probably see more time after the trade deadline when it is finally realized that it's hopeless to try and trade Jeffries. Plus, Hill has looked completely lost in practice (Alan Hahn's words not mine).

Like you said, losing doesn't matter. Getting rid of Jeffries and Curry is far more important than giving Hill playing time.

And D'Antoni didn't draft Hill, Walsh did. Makes you really wonder about Walsh's drafting ability. Drafting a guy that can't even crack the rotation on one of the worst teams in the league. SMH.

And apparently Walsh said he didn't have enough information on Jennings to draft him at #8. WTF? How is that possible when many posters (including myself) on this site knew Jennings was the better pick??

That's a huge concern. GM not doing his homework. Hill was the best bigman on the board at #8 by default, so that IMO was not worth drafting him. ALSO, there were still a few PGs left who were highly regarded. Until Hill proves he's starter quality... Draft FAIL.

Now on to Duhon. This guy is not even a 2nd string pg. Please Mr. Pringles sit his ass down ASAP and run TD or Nate with Hughes.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It's a sad display of the talent level of this team when Douglas, Curry and Nate are the hopeful saviors of this season.

Douglas is decent but he doesn't have the control of the team that D'Antoni requires for his system. Good scorer and good defender but the 1:3 assist to turnover ratio is not going to lead to many more wins.

Another scoring PG is not going to cut it in D'Antoni's system. He'll make a decent backup PG for his career but don't pin your hopes on this kid being our PG of the future. Better than Duhon at least.

mafra

Legend
It's a sad display of the talent level of this team when Douglas, Curry and Nate are the hopeful saviors of this season.

Douglas is decent but he doesn't have the control of the team that D'Antoni requires for his system. Good scorer and good defender but the 1:3 assist to turnover ratio is not going to lead to many more wins.

Another scoring PG is not going to cut it in D'Antoni's system. He'll make a decent backup PG for his career but don't pin your hopes on this kid being our PG of the future. Better than Duhon at least.

Can we take comfort in seeing that DOUGLAS (right now) appears to be better than Stephen Curry? At leats more NBA ready.... Maybe Curry would be a better point, but I doubt a better defender.

thomasv78

Rookie
Can we take comfort in seeing that DOUGLAS (right now) appears to be better than Stephen Curry? At leats more NBA ready.... Maybe Curry would be a better point, but I doubt a better defender.

Are you kidding me. Toney Douglas plays the point position more like a shooting guard than anything else.

I like Douglas, but not as a point. I think he would make an excellent 6th man.

Stephen Curry is a true point guard, he knows how to get his team involved and spread the offense.

If you're purely looking at stats than let me remind you how crappy we were w/ Marbury and his bloated stats.

mafra

Legend
Are you kidding me. Toney Douglas plays the point position more like a shooting guard than anything else.

I like Douglas, but not as a point. I think he would make an excellent 6th man.

Stephen Curry is a true point guard, he knows how to get his team involved and spread the offense.

If you're purely looking at stats than let me remind you how crappy we were w/ Marbury and his bloated stats.

Right now Curry just cannot defend- he's physically not strong enough to cover anyone really.

Douglas just came from Fla St. where he was aksed to carry the load.

I think it might be easier to teach Douglas to pass the ball than it's going to be to groom Curry into a viable defensive presence.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Curry. BUT, right now having Douglas + Hill seems like a nice consolation.

Be even better if we manage to get Rubio as well.