Should we just trade Gallinari?

Trade Gallo?

• Yes and we should fire Mike D'antoni as well.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Yes if he's the one that's keeping the trade from happening.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No we should try to convince Denver to accept our current offer.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No forget Melo he's not worth 2/5 of our starting lineup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

la2ny

Starter
No question... Gallo is FAR more valuable to the Knicks than Landry Fields.

Fields upside= Shane Battier
Gallinari upside= Dirk Nowitzki
You mean far more valuable to D'antoni...

I still don't see either great enough to hinder a trade with Denver. Now I wouldn't want to trade both but one or the other I'd do no question.

P.S. Gallos' upside is closer to 2009 Hedo Turkoglu a foward who can bring the ball up see over the "D", make a few plays here and there, and hit open spot up shots.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
i rather him go than wilson....

I dont think Gallo is the one holding the trade back.. But Id rather trade him and Chandler instead of Fields for sure!.. But I disagree with Chandler>Gallo. The reason why i like Gallo over Chandler is his ability to get tto the line and hit his foul shots

la2ny

Starter
People have been saying Gallo is going to be real good for years...I'm still waiting. He is all hype. He is nothing but a streaky player. He gets hot for a few quarters and then the other quarters he looks like total garbage.
This statement is going to lead to guys saying he's still young and thats why he's WILDLY inconsistent.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
I just want to know if we do trade Chandler and Gallo for just Melo, who are we expecting to give us consistent scoring off the bench? Tony Douglas? I honestly hope not. If we do make that trade we will have to get more than Melo if they want both Chandler and Gallo

I just want to know if we do trade Chandler and Gallo for just Melo, who are we expecting to give us consistent scoring off the bench? Tony Douglas? I honestly hope not. If we do make that trade we will have to get more than Melo if they want both Chandler and Gallo

Excellent question. Honestly never thought of that. But I think we gotta cross that bridge when we come to it. One solution would be to always have either Melo or STAT on the floor when we go to our bench...

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Excellent question. Honestly never thought of that. But I think we gotta cross that bridge when we come to it. One solution would be to always have either Melo or STAT on the floor when we go to our bench...

See that is where I become weary of our players managed time. We have burned out Amare and Felton. They need some time of rest and if we bring in just Melo than the same will happen to him. We def. need to get a good bench or try to keep Gallo or Chandler. I just don't want 2 superstars and an average point guard and no bench that wouldn't make sense you know?

la2ny

Starter
Exactly what the Lakers do. Kobe sits within the last 1:30 of the 1st all the way to the 6 minute mark of the 2nd if Phil can sit him that long, and he leaves Pau in there the whole 1st into the 2nd. For us you could play Stat till about the 2:00 min. mark in the 1st and leave Melo in until the 2nd. Then bring Stat back at about 9 or 10 and sit Melo till about the 6:00 or 5:00 min mark and leave them in until the half, depending on how the game goes.

Maybe you can sit both at the start of the 2nd if we bring in a guy like Mayo to be our 6th man. He can be the main scorer and run the offense as a big PG while TD can be an undersized 2 on Offense but on D guard their original position.

P.S. trying for Birdman could be a decent pickup in a trade for Anthony, they are shedding salaries so.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Exactly what the Lakers do. Kobe sits within the last 1:30 of the 1st all the way to the 6 minute mark of the 2nd if Phil can sit him that long, and he leaves Pau in there the whole 1st into the 2nd. For us you could play Stat till about the 2:00 min. mark in the 1st and leave Melo in until the 2nd. Then bring Stat back at about 9 or 10 and sit Melo till about the 6:00 or 5:00 min mark and leave them in until the half, depending on how the game goes.

Maybe you can sit both at the start of the 2nd if we bring in a guy like Mayo to be our 6th man.
Yeah but the Lakers to me have a better bench than us. I think we need to fill in a couple of holes we have like a back-up point guard, and a hard nosed center there for just defense

No question... Gallo is FAR more valuable to the Knicks than Landry Fields.

Fields upside= Shane Battier
Gallinari upside= Dirk Nowitzki

How can you say Gallo is better for the Knicks. Right now even with Fields being a rookie the only thing Gallo does better is shoot. With the year Gallo is having even that's debatable. You guys have got to start looking at basketball as a whole. There are plenty of things a player can do on the court that makes him a winner.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
How can you say Gallo is better for the Knicks. Right now even with Fields being a rookie the only thing Gallo does better is shoot. With the year Gallo is having even that's debatable. You guys have got to start looking at basketball as a whole. There are plenty of things a player can do on the court that makes him a winner.

I think when people think about basketball they just think of offense of how many points he scores a game. If you look at Fields on the court you can tell he is a better overall player than Gallo. I would have to look at the stats to see if it backs up my opinion but Fields just doesn't need the ball to be effective as where Gallo is a ghost without the ball in his hand.

la2ny

Starter
Yeah but the Lakers to me have a better bench than us. I think we need to fill in a couple of holes we have like a back-up point guard, and a hard nosed center there for just defense
I wasn't trying to say our bench is comparable to La's but if you bring in a player like Mayo who is versatile that could solve our backup pg problem. He's a 2 that can play the 1 with offensive ability so tecnically he could be our 6th man. Then we still have Shawne Williams to be backup sf and turiaf could be backup pf or center, I myself would prefer backup pf. Then maybe try for a Bridman and you have a backup center.Also if Detroit ends up finally buying out Rip Hamilton we could go for him on the cheap. We'd pretty much maximize what we could do with the roster this year for the playoffs and it would be a pretty solid rotation.

Felton/Mayo/Douglas
Hamilton/Fields/Mayo/Douglas
Melo/Williams/Fields
Stat/Turiaf/Melo
Mozgov/Birdman/Turiaf

This of course is a dream scenario lol but you get the general idea of how it could be possible.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
I wasn't trying to say our bench is comparable to La's but if you bring in a player like Mayo who is versatile that could solve our backup pg problem. He's a 2 that can play the 1 with offensive ability so tecnically he could be our 6th man. Then we still have Shawne Williams to be backup sf and turiaf could be backup pf or center, I myself would prefer backup pf. Then maybe try for a Bridman and you have a backup center.Also if Detroit ends up finally buying out Rip Hamilton we could go for him on the cheap. We'd pretty much maximize what we could do with the roster this year for the playoffs and it would be a pretty solid rotation.

Felton/Mayo/Douglas
Hamilton/Fields/Mayo/Douglas
Melo/Williams/Fields
Stat/Turiaf/Melo
Mozgov/Birdman/Turiaf

This of course is a dream scenario lol but you get the general idea of how it could be possible.

That would be ideal. I am just confused on the actual outcome of this Melo talk. I just don't want Melo alone in the trade cause I think we will lose ground in wins. I don't want none of our players getting worn out

la2ny

Starter
That would be ideal. I am just confused on the actual outcome of this Melo talk. I just don't want Melo alone in the trade cause I think we will lose ground in wins. I don't want none of our players getting worn out
Yeah me either. I would want them to go after Birdman in a deal with Melo or try to bring in a team trying to get rid of their big, we'd kill 2 birds with one stone.

Beyond the Melo talk though I would really love for a Mayo deal or for Rip to consider NY if he was bought out. Landry could be the energy guy off the bench which is what we need some nights. I will say though If we had Melo I believe we'd have an even better chance of Rip picking us over Boston.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Yeah me either. I would want them to go after Birdman in a deal with Melo or try to bring in a team trying to get rid of their big, we'd kill 2 birds with one stone.

Beyond the Melo talk though I would really love for a Mayo deal or for Rip to consider NY if he was bought out. Landry could be the energy guy off the bench which is what we need some nights. I will say though If we had Melo I believe we'd have an even better chance of Rip picking us over Boston.
Idk why i didn't take into consideration. Also if Melo comes other players will want to come. We just have to see what is going to happen but I can honestly say whether Melo comes here or not I want all this free agency talk to rest already and everything to pass. It is just getting out of hand all the rumors with no foundation to them.. I am getting as tired as the LeBron free agency

la2ny

Starter
Me too. He should have just did what LeBron did what the media and said Im not talking about it for the rest of the season and it would have ended all these rumors that the media makes up out of thin air.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
We should do what any team with common sense would do and that is push Denver to the trade deadline.

Yes I wouldn't consider Gallinari absolutely essential especially if it meant getting Carmelo but if we can get Carmelo without giving him up then we should. Other than Amar'e, nobody on this team is untouchable.

Furthermore, we should stockpile as many assets as we can in the immediate here and now.

Think about it. If we can somehow land Carmelo Anthony without giving up too many key pieces, then Walsh can call New Orleans and organize a 4-player deal for Chris Paul in the off-season (Felton's expiring, Gallinari, Draft Picks, etc.)

Think about it. If we can get away with only giving up Chandler, Randolph, and Curry for Carmelo, that leaves us with Fields, Gallinari, Felton, Mozgov, Turiaf, Walker, and TD as available players for New Orleans to trade for CP3. If we give up too much in a trade for Carmelo then we might not be able to get CP3 but if we stockpile our assets...

In addition, if Gallinari does end up turning into Dirk Nowitzki then that'd be great, if not, then we can save him as trade bait. There's no reason for us to dump him to Denver when there's no deal that's imminent with any team. Granted if we're at the trade deadline and we're one player away from completing the deal then maybe you do it, but if we can swing a deal without him then we're in great shape to make a trade for a player like CP3 to create a superteam that will own LeBron's ass for years to come

Last edited: