The official we should sign Leon Powe thread.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Dude comes from a rough childhood.
I like his heart.
He can score and play D.
Mentally tough and will dive for balls. No homo.
I want him to be a Knick.

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
Dude comes from a rough childhood.
I like his heart.
He can score and play D.
Mentally tought and will dive for balls. No homo.
I want him to be a Knick.

O'antoni will not play him.... I think we need to look at our coach before we start expecting us to pick up defensive players

knicksin60

Starter
Powe reminds me of those community service kids that I deal with.He is a tough thug that tries his best for himself and the people around him.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
We definatley need someone that can play inside, rebound, play D and brings some toughness to the NYKs and right now Powe fits that role better than anyone else available at the moment.

If we can get someone to fit this role it will go along way to making this a better team overall. Now is Powe the second coming of Charles Oakley? Ofcourse not, but he can definatley help this team......question is would D'Antoni let him???

KingofNy

Starter
We may still have a chance at signing Powe. Me personally would love to sign him.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/report-...with-leon-powe-after-signing-troy-murphy.html

It would be great but we already used up our two roster spots on garbage. Anyone with a brain would of immediately called his agent as soon as the Celtics signed Troy Murphy. I'm losing respect for Walsh by the hour. Antoni's obviously got him by the balls. It's almost like Walsh doesn't think we can go anywhere with our current group of guys so there's no reason to go out and get a few "BIGS" for our run. Uggghhh.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Well I believe it is too late now anyways as you need to have him on the roster by tonight to have him eligible for the playoff roster, if Im not mistaking.

I have no clue what is going through Walsh and D'Antoni's heads. Watching the Magic game it is CLEAR AS DAY we need some sort of a presence in the middle as we are getting abused down low by Howard and having guys drive through the paint with no problem. Man is this FRUSTRATING!!!

iJoe

Rotation player
He's 6-8, doesn't rebound particularly well and is too undersized to match up against the bigger centers.

In other words, what the hell would we sign him for? Not for his offense, and we're stocked at defending smaller teams. I don't know why this thread exists.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
He's 6-8, doesn't rebound particularly well and is too undersized to match up against the bigger centers.

In other words, what the hell would we sign him for? Not for his offense, and we're stocked at defending smaller teams. I don't know why this thread exists.

Arnt you the dude who said Dolan is an idiot? And that we should not have gave up that much for Melo and Billups?

Didnt you make a thread about Spencer Hawes? Lmfao.

Idk why you exist my man.

iJoe

Rotation player
Arnt you the dude who said Dolan is an idiot? And that we should not have gave up that much for Melo and Billups?

Didnt you make a thread about Spencer Hawes? Lmfao.

Idk why you exist my man.

Its guys like you that ruin these forums. Instead of posting like a man and actually adding to threads, you just troll.

Yes Dolan is an idiot.

I stand by that we could have gotten Melo for less. NOT that we shouldn't have gotten him.

I posted for Spencer Hawes with the potential to sign him for cheap in the offseason. Its called buying potential for cheap rather than overpaying for every new fad. Now why don't you actually try adding productive things instead of just trying to add drama to nothing.

KingofNy

Starter
Its guys like you that ruin these forums. Instead of posting like a man and actually adding to threads, you just troll.

Yes Dolan is an idiot.

I stand by that we could have gotten Melo for less. NOT that we shouldn't have gotten him.

I posted for Spencer Hawes with the potential to sign him for cheap in the offseason. Its called buying potential for cheap rather than overpaying for every new fad. Now why don't you actually try adding productive things instead of just trying to add drama to nothing.

What's funny is the guy you hate (Walsh) didn't want to give up the guys we gave up to get Melo. His hand was forced by Dolan. If it was up to Walsh we never would of gotten Melo and he probably would be playing on the Nets right now... He wasn't passing up the $$$$. Anyways, I agree that I'm not sold on Walsh because of Antoni.

Now Walsh went out and made some of the worst roster moves of his tenure by buying out Brewer and Azu and signing two worthless replacements that NO OTHER team wanted at positions we DON'T NEED help at. WE NEED A BIG, WALSH BROUGHT US GARBAGE.

I think people give Walsh way too much credit. I think most of the knowledgeable posters here at KnicksOnline could of gotten our team down under the cap if in a few years we were able to not have to worry about the performance of my team for a few years. He also gets credit for signing Amare... Amare signed here solely for the $$$ because no one else would do it not even his former team due to injury concerns.

I hope we go out after the season and hire JVG and find ourselves a younger GM who better understands the needs of our team. Our FO clearly doesn't.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
...What bigs are out there? We talk about signing a big like it's something so easy to do but...every single team can use an extra big man, and we have no assets with which we can use to get a big man.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
What's funny is the guy you hate (Walsh) didn't want to give up the guys we gave up to get Melo. His hand was forced by Dolan. If it was up to Walsh we never would of gotten Melo and he probably would be playing on the Nets right now... He wasn't passing up the $$$$. Anyways, I agree that I'm not sold on Walsh because of Antoni.

Now Walsh went out and made some of the worst roster moves of his tenure by buying out Brewer and Azu and signing two worthless replacements that NO OTHER team wanted at positions we DON'T NEED help at. WE NEED A BIG, WALSH BROUGHT US GARBAGE.

I think people give Walsh way too much credit. I think most of the knowledgeable posters here at KnicksOnline could of gotten our team down under the cap if in a few years we were able to not have to worry about the performance of my team for a few years. He also gets credit for signing Amare... Amare signed here solely for the $$$ because no one else would do it not even his former team due to injury concerns.

I hope we go out after the season and hire JVG and find ourselves a younger GM who better understands the needs of our team. Our FO clearly doesn't.

Exactly . iJoe Doesnt understand that. He might be a little young idkkk.
We can always use a athletic big downlow.
iJoe u dont like the forum den leave ni9ga simple as that.
Lmao to Spencer Hawes.