Chicago-Boston-Miami

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
Who we got the best shot against?

I understand throught the season Miami has been the weakest, but i dont wanna face them come playoffs; the lights wlil click

The Bulls are a complete team(gap in SG spot, but they got DR), but not as good as their record. Not enough playoff experience.

Boston is reigning east champ, but older (one could argue wiser) but come on these guys only got a couple years before they fall of the latter.

My Picks in order easiest to hardest

Chicago
Boston
Miami

tell me what ya think

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
from easiest to hardest:

Boston- no big man and we can stop rondo. Our two biggest weaknesses are defending the point and a big man...

Chicago- I read on espn that Rose averages 2 pts more a game then russell westbrook yet he has taken over 200 more shots, dare i say he's a little overrated? Good team but superstars tend to win in the playoffs and i don't think boozer and noah are all that amazing.

Miam- If they all click, they may be unstoppable and i wouldn't want to take that chance... however i could easily see them imploding as well.

OakTree

Rookie
(Relatively) easiest to hardest:

Miami -
  • We got them at PG; advantage: NYK
  • Nike doesn't want Le Bone guarding Carmelo and getting raped; NYK
  • No way Bosh, Dampier, and Anthony consistently contain Amare; NYK
  • Coach Spoelstra makes adjustments almost as slow as Coach D'Antoni; EVEN
  • Spoelstra knows when to call a time out; MIA
  • There's always a 50/50 chance of self-destruction when you're the 2011 Miami Heat; NYK
Chicago -
  • We may have a slight edge in the matchups, provided Turiaf gets more minutes against Jeffries in taking on Noah; advantage: NYK
  • The Bulls play excellent team defense though, and this may see us relying on isolation plays one time too many--everyone has to BRING it each night; CHI
  • Thibs will come to the series with a definite strategy; CHI
Boston -
  • They may be older and slower, but they still know how to work a game to their advantage and they know how to close out games; advantage: BOS
  • They play great defense (please see point above); BOS
  • they got us on playoff experience and team chemistry; BOS
  • I think Melo can handle Pierce, not sure if Amare can perform well consistently against Garnett; EVEN
  • Rivers will come to the series with a definite strategy and knows how to exploit the opponent's weaknesses; BOS
  • The team can execute their strategy; BOS

Miami is probably the team we have the best chance against, but I want Boston desperately!

I couldn't live with a first round defeat against Miami...my whole summer would be ruined. I absolutely detest the Heat.

Regardless of our opponent, we gotta play every game with the same effort we've shown against Orlando on monday. Every game

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It's all about protecting the paint.

I want Miami in the first round. Would love to knock them out in the first series.

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
Our only shot at securing the post is a healthy Turiaf; hes only gonna stay healthe 15mins a game

The one team the knicks need to avoid is the Majic; we got a miracle win the other night, but theyre the one team that scares me the most...against the knicks anyways

Toney Douglas is not allowed to play like he did in the 1st 3 1/2 quarters last night; that was hard to watch; consitency Toney- need at least 10 a game

Melo is lookin good on both sides; and Amare needs to pick his game up; decemeber style; Weve got 6 more games to see Mr Big shot in action before the playoffs; he could be the make it or break it piece- need 70 combined from these 3

Otherwise our role players; Landry, Billy, Shaune Will,- we need 20/10/6 point rebound assist ratio to even compete

that leaves us at 100; for the knicks to win we need to find another 15 from our big men/game

It's gonna be fun; but we got the talent, its the focus that im concerned about

After tonight.. If the playoffs started right now we would draw Miami... I think I'd rather face them over Boston. That team has alot of veteran savvy and clutchness.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
We could beat the Bulls handily, they can't score to save their lives all they have is Rose, they could play all the D they want but they need to score crucial buckets

I agree.. I'd like the Bulls or Heat.. Realistically tho Bulls have number 1 on lock it seems. Miami and Boston will be battling for number 2 from here on out.

petescud

Starter
I could care less who we face. I just want the guys to give 100% and i'll be happy. Even a first round exit shows we have hope for next season. I'd be really surprised we beat any of these teams in a best 3 of 5. Now if Melo and Amar'e can make some extra passes for a high pct shot, we may have a chance. If Dantoni coaches decent we may have a chance. Hoping for the best

It'll be Miami. Boston are not themselves since the Perkins trade. Jeff Green is a good player and still young, but imo he's not what Boston need.

I like our chances against Boston better than Miami. The Heat have figured themselves out and are running on full throttle recently. I'd rather face Boston. Miami are very hard to beat right now and I like our matchups vs Boston better.

Douglas vs Rondo
Billups/Fields vs Allen
Melo vs Piss
STAT vs Garnett
Turiaf/Shelden vs Krstic

bench:
Shawne vs Green/Murphy
Jeffries vs Big Gay-by
Mason/Walker/Carter vs Wafer/Arroyo/West

assuming that both O'Neals are out for Boston.

better than our matchups vs Miami:

Billups vs Bibby
Fields/Carter vs Wade (huge disadvantage for us. 30 ppg series for Wade).
Melo vs Lebum
STAT vs Bitch
Turiaf vs Ericka

bench:
Toney vs Chalmers/House
Mason/Walker vs Miller (another huge disadvantage for us).
Shawne vs Jones
Shelden vs Anthony
Jeffries vs Ilgauskas/Haslem

They'd kill us.

I feel MIA is our best matchup for more reasons than one.

MIA doesn't have the overall team chemistry that a BOS or even CHI has.

Deciding who takes the final shot during the closing seconds of a game is still a work in progress for MIA.

They lack a true Center who can not only dominate but also take over games.

MIA has one of, if not the weakest bench around. No productive depth what so ever. Thank god Beasley is no longer in south beach.

A head coach who lacks playoff experience trying to coach & control 3 superstars. The pressure of Riley hawking over your shoulders is enough to break any young man.

Question marks & concerns surrounding their PG position with Chalmers & now Bibby.

A team thats on the verge of playing under serious playoff pressure thanks to their 'BIG 3'. It's either championship or bust in the eyes of the media, fans, that franchise & the NBA in general.
How many future championships did LeBron predict during the summer?

Can Bosh deal with all that 'soon to be' playoff pressure?

I'd also take the Bulls over the Celtics any day of the week & twice during the playoffs. For many of reasons too.

I'm not trying to say that the Bulls are overrated because they do have a potential MVP in Rose as well as a solid team; but their record of being 35 games above .500 is a product of the Bulls playing in the weakest division in all of basketball.

The Atlantic has two teams over .500 (BOS & 76ers). The Knicks have the potential to become the 3rd team over .500 before it's over & done with.

The Central is the only division, other than the Western Pacific who doesn't have a second teams thats over .500. The Pacers are in 2nd place 7 games back of .500. The 3rd place Bucks are 15 games below .500. Detroit has the 3rd worst Eastern conf record & 5th worst overall. The Cavs are the worst NBA team in the entire league with only 15 W's.

The Central is the NFC West of the NBA. Until proven otherwise; I can't consider this Chicago Bulls team as being battle tested when looking @ the big picture.

CHI has a very good team. Strong on the boards, top ranked D; but they struggle scoring.

Rose is their entire attack. Leads em in both pts & assist's with 25 & 7.9 per. He's responsible for @ least 41 pts per. If CB can slow him down as a true playoff warrior & TD23 can contribute against Rose; I like our chances even with a weaker D.

Boozer & Deng can both score (When Rose is on). They both average 17 per. I can picture Boozer putting up 28-30 on us, but I cant picture Deng having much success with Melo playing tough D; which could off-set Boozer's success.

Rose, Boozer & Deng are their only 3 scoring options.

Noah only averages 12.1. CHI has a huge hole @ 2G. Korver (8.3) & Brewer (6.2) only combine for 14.5 pts per. Fields wins that battle hands down.

CHI has no scoring options off the bench. None. Gibson only averages 6.9 pts & 5.6 boards per.

Noah is their only shot blocking threat.

Great rebounders though. Booz & Noah combine for 20.4 per. If Amare shows up ON THE GLASS we win this series.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
We could beat the Bulls handily, they can't score to save their lives all they have is Rose, they could play all the D they want but they need to score crucial buckets

Are you serious ? handily..I don't think so, I highly doubt they will beat chicago, This is not the same team. We can't rebound or play defense. I think if we had our former team. I 'll like their chances more, Than our current team. Maybe if we kept felton, I would have like our chances more.

Rose well lite up billups.And they are a good rebounding team. Something we are not. We could barely beat the nets. While philli handle them like nothing.:boohoo:

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
CHI has a very good team. Strong on the boards, top ranked D; but they struggle scoring.

Rose is their entire attack. Leads em in both pts & assist's with 25 & 7.9 per. He's responsible for @ least 41 pts per. If CB can slow him down as a true playoff warrior & TD23 can contribute against Rose; I like our chances even with a weaker D.

Boozer & Deng can both score (When Rose is on). They both average 17 per. I can picture Boozer putting up 28-30 on us, but I cant picture Deng having much success with Melo playing tough D; which could off-set Boozer's success.

Rose, Boozer & Deng are their only 3 scoring options.

Noah only averages 12.1. CHI has a huge hole @ 2G. Korver (8.3) & Brewer (6.2) only combine for 14.5 pts per. Fields wins that battle hands down.

CHI has no scoring options off the bench. None. Gibson only averages 6.9 pts & 5.6 boards per.

Noah is their only shot blocking threat.

Great rebounders though. Booz & Noah combine for 20.4 per. If Amare shows up ON THE GLASS we win this series.

Are you kidding, No scoring off the bench ? Ever heard of Kover ? Brewer. These guys are playing Great basketball and are on their way to winning possibly 60 games or more. Compare to the 40 they won last year.
I can't stand the bulls. But I think some of us are getting alittle to ahead of ourselves. With a team that just had a 6 games losing streak, Coming mostly from Bad teams.

Kover & Brewer only combine for 14.5 per game. Toney Douglas has the ability to out score both of those guys by himself.

I'm not saying the Bulls are overrated but the only reason why their even close to winning 60 is because they play in the weakest division in all of basketball. The 2nd place Pacers are 7-8 games below .500. The Bucks (3rd place) are 15 games back. The Pistons have the 3rd worst record in the East & 5th worst NBA record overall. The Cavs? Worst team in the league with only 15 W's.

Yeah, the Pacers & Cavs beat us which is pathetic & beat us 2 & 3 times but the Bulls record is a product of feasting against a cup cake schedule. That Bulls team is not battle tested.

I'm not saying that we'll beat Chicago but we'll compete with them come playoff time. Rose is pretty much their entire offense. I feel Billups, Melo & Amare will become too much for Rose to handle. If Amare shows up on the boards against CHI we win that series. It's all about Amare on the glass though.

HarshMello

Benchwarmer
Queens, just a suggestion: Instead of replying to yourself 3 times on a regular basis in multiple threads, you should just write a blog and post the link here.

It would be a lot easier to ignore.