Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Sacramento Kings 10:30pm 12/10/2015

mafra

Legend
Sasha swishes another 3... 86-82... Difference in game now clearly the 2 offensive fouls on NYK (whike ignoring a blatant one on SAC)... That's a 6 point swing.

Lets see if we can hit some shots and overcome the bad breaks.

mafra

Legend
Our 13 losses had a lot to do with our two weak big men in a lineup .. we cant control the paint on either side

I beg to differ. The guard play is atrocius. This is a G league now...

Porz playing some solid defens in the post in this fourth quarter... Against a bruising Cousins.

mafra

Legend
86-82 SAC. Melo fouled. 5:45 remaining. Melo first FT. Misses the next (his 4th miss of the game)... But NYK gets the rebound... nYK ball, down 3.

Broadway

All Star
Melo is so trash and has 0 CLUTCH GENE. #kporzee I'm sorry you have to endure this but understand it's going to get uglier before it gets better. Hang in there

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Melo arm hand was grabbed by Rondo but he was doing lots of this this prior to shot...

marine%20jousting2.jpg

mafra

Legend
If it were Paul George at MSG it would've been called a flagrant-2. We werent gonna get that call... Sure, Melo was probably fouled by two guys (Rondo tugged arm and the other guy swiped at elbow).... But the ref shouldne blow the whistle unless contact was egregious. That's why I was furious when George was awarded 3 FTs at the end of that game...

Anyway... What a clueless coach, huh? Melo cannot dribble... So, let's give Melo the ball on the wrong side of half court and ask him to bulldoze his way forward to three point line and chuck a running jumper... Lol.... Classic. Fisher probably upset he couldnt call for the Melo ISO on the left corner...

Melo missed key FTs down the stretch... And missed an easy put back late off an offensive rebound... But he did drain a key 3, and twice he passed thr ball to Affalo... Setting him up for a wide open 3... And both times Affalo clanked the shot off the rim...

I dont blame Melo for not passing.... Who else was making a shot tonight? The fault is Fisher's for the play design. Just Awful. Are we seriously expecting Melo to play PG now?

The only good thing to come out of tonight was the fact Porzingis proved he should be the C and Melo the PF. I think I start Porz-Melo-Thomas-Affalo-Calderon.

Anyway... Too many turnovers, more bad coaching, more meh from Melo. The game was there to be won... SAC was handing it to us... But our star(s) didnt take advantage...

Melo not only missed the shot... But showed little heart (allowing the Rondo dunk)... Foul him and male him sink 2 FTs.

Porzingis in the post was downright ugly... But then he broke out the nasty cross over... He battled Cousins in the paint.... Impressively... Even threw Demarcus to the floor at one point.

Melo-Affalo with 37. Not enough... We need 40+ to win... If we got 40 tomight... We wouldve won the game.

Knicks are on the slide now folks... Sjouldnt be long before we are ten games under and sinking fast. Let's hope Melo waives the no-trade and we can start the Porz era ASAP.

mafra

Legend
CV7KT-UWEAA8h2m.jpg

Hang in there #kporzee

Geez... Not since Starks snubbed a wide open Ewing in Game-6 vs Rockets (1994 Finals) has some jerk selfishly ignore a gimme assist. i think... In the long run... The only good to come of the Melo era was the reality that it was the reason why we ended up with KP.

We can only hope Melo's ego will soon compell him to orchestrate his exit out of NY. Call his buddies in MIA or CLE.... And hope we can get something in return for shipping him out of town...

Truth is... Now that Dolan has KP to sell tickets... Melo no longer has any value.

mafra

Legend
Affalo 0-6 from downtown, and now is shooting 29% from 3... Hey Fisher, please ban AA from shooting the 3! He is not a 3-point shooter.

Grant has to be a DNP-CD for a fee weeks. Keep Sasha in the rotation, or call up Jimmer... Grant is lost and playing him now will only destroy whatever confidence he has left.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Sounds like he game heated up towards the end but I went to bed on it in the 3rd when we were down big. Glad I didn't stay up to watch RR close it on a dunk???? WOW but RR killed it all night. Like I said earlier Zinger is everyones new darling, but we still needed a guard like Mudiay. RR isn't a top ten guard anymore and he killed us...now you know why grant was available at he backend of the first round...you don't draft guards from Notre Dame unless you are a NFL TEAM on Chief

tiger0330

Legend
Sounds like he game heated up towards the end but I went to bed on it in the 3rd when we were down big. Glad I didn't stay up to watch RR close it on a dunk???? WOW but RR killed it all night. Like I said earlier Zinger is everyones new darling, but we still needed a guard like Mudiay. RR isn't a top ten guard anymore and he killed us...now you know why grant was available at he backend of the first round...you don't draft guards from Notre Dame unless you are a NFL TEAM on Chief
That and in this day and age guys don't stay in school for 4 years unless they're on the margin players.

PJ did good trading for him though, THJ looking like a bust for ATL, they even sent him down to the DLeague but brought him back after a couple of days.

tiger0330

Legend
Geez... Not since Starks snubbed a wide open Ewing in Game-6 vs Rockets (1994 Finals) has some jerk selfishly ignore a gimme assist. i think... In the long run... The only good to come of the Melo era was the reality that it was the reason why we ended up with KP.

We can only hope Melo's ego will soon compell him to orchestrate his exit out of NY. Call his buddies in MIA or CLE.... And hope we can get something in return for shipping him out of town...

Truth is... Now that Dolan has KP to sell tickets... Melo no longer has any value.

CV7KT-UWEAA8h2m.jpg

Unreal Melo didn't pass it to kp6. Melo loves those 30ft 3s though.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yea but Melo is double-teamed and Boogie is laying in wait in fronting KP...the Zinger needed to come to the ball and make himself available... I finally saw last sequence and I understand the play...you are hoping your superstar can get to the line as it was only a 2 point deficit but of course NBA refs HATE MELO I saw that in person last week in MiLwaukee. In retrospect the mistake was calling the TO and letting SAC set their defense...we should have at least advanced the ball across half court before calling the timeout..look where we inbounded the ball...Coach Hubie says:"that's showed a lack of understanding of the end game situation" On Chief:)

mafra

Legend
Yea but Melo is double-teamed and Boogie is laying in wait in fronting KP...the Zinger needed to come to the ball and make himself available... I finally saw last sequence and I understand the play...you are hoping your superstar can get to the line as it was only a 2 point deficit but of course NBA refs HATE MELO I saw that in person last week in MiLwaukee. In retrospect the mistake was calling the TO and letting SAC set their defense...we should have at least advanced the ball across half court before calling the timeout..look where we inbounded the ball...Coach Hubie says:"that's showed a lack of understanding of the end game situation" On Chief:)

Yeah... Affalo blew that play... Not smart. And, again, to be fair to Melo... As he was driving to the spot Rondo grabs his arm... What do must players do when the other team is fouling them? They try to make it a shooting foul by attempting a shot... Did Melo attempt the heave bc of the contact, believing a call was forthcoming?

Also, Melo was passing the ball... For the most part... All night... He could've had about 8-10 assists... And, he did pass it up twice the last few possessions before that play.

And... The time issue: there probably isn't enough time to pass it to PORZ sans an alley-pop.

But, in the final analysis... That's on Fisher (and the fact we don't have a single G we trust to set up the offense)... A real coach designs a play that asks for a few crisp passes to advance the ball to the spot/player/shot we covet.

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe I'm not being fair to Melo because I didn't see the game, I'll catch it tonight. Just going by some tweets I saw saying kp6 was open under the basket for that last shot. Boogie wasn't on kp6 that tight and threading a bullet pass to him was a better risk than taking the shot he took particularly with the way Melo has been shooting the ball.