Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder 8:00 10/19/2017 [Game #1]

DSJ just looks like he's the goods compared to Frank. FYI, DSJ also wasn't the primary defender against Schroeder, Yogi defended him more than DSJ, so you can't criticize DSJ for Dennis going off.

I addressed this in the other thread. So, if the 6?2? DSJ wasn?t guarding the other team?s PG then that means they hid him on defense and had him guard a bigger player who was not an offensive threat. Not going to fly against too many teams. A 6?2? PG with short reach who doesn?t guard the other team?s PG? That?s going to be hard to explain away for long.

Ntilikina needs to play minutes. DSJ played all Summer League, all preseason, and the majority of the opener minutes. Ntilkina is basically an optical illusion at this point. Watch him not get 2nd half minutes.

and1

Rotation player
yeah, i'm not ready to give up on nitty so quick. i'm willing to give him a half dozen games or so to get right.
hopefully he can stay healthy.

Broadway

All Star
I addressed this in the other thread. So, if the 6’2” DSJ wasn’t guarding the other team’s PG then that means they hid him on defense and had him guard a bigger player who was not an offensive threat. Not going to fly against too many teams. A 6’2” PG with short reach who doesn’t guard the other team’s PG? That’s going to be hard to explain away for long.

Ntilikina needs to play minutes. DSJ played all Summer League, all preseason, and the majority of the opener minutes. Ntilkina is basically an optical illusion at this point. Watch him not get 2nd half minutes.

Not necessarily true look at the game tonight, Russ is switching on to #kporzee which has nothing to do with size. Some teams scheme that way. Like our Woody teams did. Carlisle likes small guards and I showed that by going through a list as far back as a decade ago

Kiyaman

Legend
DSJ just looks like he's the goods compared to Frank. FYI, DSJ also wasn't the primary defender against Schroeder, Yogi defended him more than DSJ, so you can't criticize DSJ for Dennis going off.

Atlanta is a Lottery team lead by Schroeder .. DSJ was clueless on how to stop Schroeder from controlling the tempo of the game n the win.

Frank did not look that good in the 5 minutes he played.
KP has finally started shooting 15 feet from the basket scoring at 45%, he better stop putting the ball on the court every time he get it

Broadway

All Star
Great game went down to the wire. You mentioned about DSJ staying healthy, that might be a real concern, kid is fearless, took it to the rim and two Hawks sandwiched him and he came down hard and hurt himself enough to go back to the locker room. Maybe he needs to tone that done a little.

Yeah he does just a tad, he doesn't have Donavan Mitchell's(he's a freak too) body. This season is going to be wild!

Not necessarily true look at the game tonight, Russ is switching on to #kporzee which has nothing to do with size. Some teams scheme that way. Like our Woody teams did. Carlisle likes small guards and I showed that by going through a list as far back as a decade ago

Yeah, OKC is scheming that way to hide Melo?s awful defense. Mavs are going to spend the whole season scheming to hide Dirk in the middle and to hide DSJ at the point. That?s going to have to be some great scheming. DSJ went 16 and 10 and they lost because their defense was bad in the final minutes. It?s not about the stats. It?s about the wins.

Broadway

All Star
Atlanta is a Lottery team lead by Schroeder .. DSJ was clueless on how to stop Schroeder from controlling the tempo of the game n the win.

Frank did not look that good in the 5 minutes he played.
KP has finally started shooting 15 feet from the basket scoring at 45%, he better stop putting the ball on the court every time he get it

Not an accurate assessment for crying out loud Barnes covered him often. DSJ got subbed early and missed part of game due to injury. DS did not score all his points on any one player. Wonderful opportunity to watch some games fellas to see what's really going on, once again LP is free until the 24th if you have digital cable

Broadway

All Star
Yeah, OKC is scheming that way to hide Melo’s awful defense. Mavs are going to spend the whole season scheming to hide Dirk in the middle and to hide DSJ at the point. That’s going to have to be some great scheming. DSJ went 16 and 10 and they lost because their defense was bad in the final minutes. It’s not about the stats. It’s about the wins.

I agree but it's really more about a history of how they've played and not about size and things of that nature was all I'm getting at. Not like #kporzee doesn't get hid in some ways because he can't play the 5(size/bang) when it could benefit us with other lineups(mismatches)

Dallas has never been a team known for defense until they got Marion/Chandler during that chip run. Yes they will have to play D if they want to win games.

Not an accurate assessment for crying out loud Barnes covered him often. DSJ got subbed early and missed part of game due to injury. DS did not score all his points on any one player. Wonderful opportunity to watch some games fellas to see what's really going on, once again LP us free until the 24th if you have digital cable

Starting PG doesn?t guard other starting PG and instead gets hidden guarding who? The 2 guard Belinelli? Well, Belinelli had 20 points. Who did DSJ guard? The SF Bazemore? Did they sub him out on defensive possessions? Hawks had a 117 points. DSJ is a below average defender who is small and can?t guard Schroeder. What starting PG can he guard? Sessions?

Yeah, let?s add another bad defender to this team. We can scheme to hide a bad defensive PG, a bad defensive SG, a bad defensive PF, and a bad defensive C. Just so long as our starting SF is goddamn Dr. Octopus we?ll be just fine.

Broadway

All Star
One play showed how bad we are. Melo goes for a rebound turned up on a tweaked ankle ties his shoes...delayed inbound to Russ who goes 94ft for a layup :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

For me, the legacy of the Hornacek era will be that we can play with anyone for the 1st 6 minutes of the game before they beat our brains in for the next 42 minutes.

Kiyaman

Legend
We just watched a 11 pt lead increase to 15 pt lead to a 20 pt lead at end of the 3rd quarter.
I'm sorry to say it "Baker should be CUT at the end of this game !!!

tiger0330

Legend
20 pt OKC lead and 21 tos by the Knicks end of the 3rd. Where is WHG and why isn't Frank getting more minutes. I heard Perry was traveling with the team, I hope hes all over Horn to play 2 guys Mills talked about as the future of this franchise.