Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 2/12/2018 [Game #57]

I been saying it all season "Hornacek supposed to been playing the 19 yr old Frank in a lineup with a vet PG" .. Mavs coach Calisle has played Dennis Smith alongside of all the PG on the Mavs .. the Jazz made a great tandem in their backcourt playing Rubio n Mitchell in the same lineup

Seriously, Kiya, jump in and save me here. I?m literally having a brain aneurysm. I?m sorry for shouting at Mafra, but this season is killing me.

Kiyaman

Legend
Plus/minus means everything.

NTILIKINA WAS THE ONLY KNICK WITH A POSITIVE PLUS/MINUS TONIGHT THAT PLAYED MORE THAN 20 MINUTES EVEN THOUGH HE WAS PATHETIC AGAIN ON OFFENSE.

MUDIAY WAS -18 IN 19 MINUTES.

NTILIKINA WAS THE ONLY KNICK TO POSITIVELY AFFECT OUR BOTTOM LINE IN MEANINGFUL MINUTES. HE DID IT WITH DEFENSE, SOMETHING KNICKS FANS CAN?T RECOGNIZE.

I can?t do this for another 25 games. This fan base deserves Hornacek, the league?s worst coach.

Well said !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I missed the game and...I don?t understand ?advanced metrics? like +-, but Frank had ZERO points in 21 minutes. Zero, Zip, Zilch, Nada. Not a putback, not a layup, not a short jumper, not long jumper, not even a free throw. How is that possible???? You can?t have your PG score nothing and expect to win. That?s not advanced metrics, that?s just simple math. Pjax blew that draft pick trying to either outsmart the season system or screw us on his way out the door. I mean the no brainer pick was Dennis Smith JR. The hidden pick was Mitchell. But oh no let?s pick the frenchie that no one has seen play and we can?t even pronounce his name. I mean Pjax got the African part right. He just forgot the hyphen and American behind it.😱

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Knits only has a +/- bc he plays less than 20 minutes and he plays against backups, for the most part.

My Heavens, some of you act like Knits is Lawrence Taylor.

This isn?t MLB (all about our the SP) or NFL (where good defense always stops good offense).

This is small ball era of NBA. If your PG can?t score ANd create for himself and others... you have no chance winning.

Some of you got so jaded blaming Melo you fail to see why we have sucked for 20 years.... we don?t have a PG.

You can?t win in NBA without a PG, just like you can?t win in MLB with SP or in NFL without a QB.

And.... again... why is the knee-jerk response after somebody questions why Knits has a 0-0-0-0 line that ?Knits is our best plus-minus, or I can?t appreciate how doing little things helps a team win...?

Come on folks. You?re smarter than that. Don?t be president of Knits fan club with every retort. It?s OK. I?m not a Knits hater.

If Knits is so active in defense... you?d figure he?d get a defensive rebound by accident, no?

Maybe HORN not playing Knits much bc the rookie is doing so little on the court to help the team?

Kiyaman

Legend
Tonight the Philly 76ers played a nice 8 MAN rotation only using 3 guards in the rotation Simmons / Reddick / McConnell .. TJ McConnell played 37 minutes tonight having a tripple-double.

It was Philly Big-Man rotation that control this game from start to finish .. Simmons defensive talent tonite were outstanding !!!

mafra

Legend
I missed the game but...I don?t understand ?advanced metrics? like +-, but Frank had ZERO points in 21 minutes. Zero, Zip, Zilch, Nada. Not a putback, not a layup, not a short jumper, not long jumper, not even a free throw. How is that possible???? You can?t have your PG score nothing and expect to win. That?s not advanced metrics, that?s just simple math. Pjax blew that draft pick trying to either outsmart the season system or screw us on his way out the door. I mean the no brainer pick was Dennis Smith JR. The hidden pick was Mitchell. But oh no let?s pick the frenchie that no one has seen play and we can?t even pronounce his name. I mean Pjax got the African part right. He just forgot the hyphen and American behind it.😱

The backup PG for PHI had a triple-double with 6 steals. He ate the lunch of any NYK PG on the court with him. But, hey, Knits had a plus-minus of 4 so he was obviously our best player, right?

This reminds me of when I freaked out we took Shump over Faired and some felt like Shump was gonna be a better defender than Bruce Bowen.

The truth is we selected Knits solely on what we hope he?ll Become one day. He looks OK, even tho most nights he looks like a fish out of water. He looked good last game... just shocking how his cheerleaders flame you if you post anything remotely negative.

Of the top of my head, how many guards reached the HOF based solely on their defensive game?

Knits only has a +/- bc he plays less than 20 minutes and he plays against backups, for the most part.

This isn?t MLB (all about our the SP) or NFL (where good defense always stops good offense).

This is small ball era of NBA. If your PG can?t score ANd create for himself and others... you have no chance winning.

Some of you got so jaded blaming Melo you fail to see why we have sucked for 20 years.... we don?t have a PG.

You can?t win in NBA without a PG, just like you can?t win in MLB with SP or in NFL without a QB.

And.... again... why is the knee-jerk response after somebody questions why Knits has a 0-0-0-0 line that ?Knits is our best plus-minus, or I can?t appreciate how doing little things helps a team win...?

Come on folks. You?re smarter than that. Don?t be president of Knits fan club with every retort. It?s OK. I?m not a Knits hater.

If Knits is so active in defense... you?d figure he?d get a defensive rebound by accident, no?

Maybe HORN not playing Knits much bc the rookie is doing so little on the court to help the team?

I can?t do this. I?m going to go drink a beer. Go pawn your ?you?re smarter than that? drivel on people stupid enough to believe it.

You like football analogies? Think about Darrelle Revis and how maybe he affected the football field without generating stats.

Kiyaman

Legend

The 19 yr old Frank is 10 times better than Baker .. All Frank need is a NBA headcoach. Hornacek has no creativeness on his offense plus no team plan on defense.
Hornacek has not given Frank a 30 minute game in this losing season .. last year Hornacek gave Baker several 30 minute games before Jennings walked to the next team before the all star game.

The backup PG for PHI had a triple-double with 6 steals. He ate the lunch of any NYK PG on the court with him. But, hey, Knits had a plus-minus of 4 so he was obviously our best player, right?

This reminds me of when I freaked out we took Shump over Faired and some felt like Shump was gonna be a better defender than Bruce Bowen.

The truth is we selected Knits solely on what we hope he’ll Become one day. He looks OK, even tho most nights he looks like a fish out of water. He looked good last game... just shocking how his cheerleaders flame you if you post anything remotely negative.

Of the top of my head, how many guards reached the HOF based solely on their defensive game?

Honestly, man, sometimes I don't know what your problem is. You've called me a bum. You've called me not a "real fan". Now you're posting at someone else and taking a shot at me calling me a "cheerleader". Who's flaming who, dude?

No one is here to read Mafra and I have another game thread fight. The bottom line for me is that Hornacek was supposed to play Mudiay and Ntilkina together. He did the opposite tonight. He needs to play them together and they need to each get 25+ minutes per game from here on out.

tiger0330

Legend
What other lineup can we put together that is any better? This team stinks. At least play the young guys, the veterans are getting killed out there too.
For better or for worse that's what we're going to see post ASG, a lineup of Mudiay, Nits and Hardaway for major stretches and hopefully against the other team's best players. I'm all for it but at some point you have to pull the plug if a guy looks like he belongs in the GLeague.

mafra

Legend
I missed the game and...I don?t understand ?advanced metrics? like +-, but Frank had ZERO points in 21 minutes. Zero, Zip, Zilch, Nada. Not a putback, not a layup, not a short jumper, not long jumper, not even a free throw. How is that possible???? You can?t have your PG score nothing and expect to win. That?s not advanced metrics, that?s just simple math. Pjax blew that draft pick trying to either outsmart the season system or screw us on his way out the door. I mean the no brainer pick was Dennis Smith JR. The hidden pick was Mitchell. But oh no let?s pick the frenchie that no one has seen play and we can?t even pronounce his name. I mean Pjax got the African part right. He just forgot the hyphen and American behind it.😱

I can?t do this. I?m going to go drink a beer. Go pawn your ?you?re smarter than that? drivel on people stupid enough to believe it.

You like football analogies? Think about Darrelle Revis and how maybe he affected the football field without generating stats.

And how many points does Revis average compared to other DBs...? Oh wait!

I still don?t understand how your response about defensive metrics is applicable to my post on Knits dreadful 0-0-0-0 line.

I guess, if your point was to try to argue that knits impacted the game tonight with his defense... but even you won?t go there.

Fave it, you got defensive bc somebody said something bad about Jnits and you jumped to the company PR line.

Since this is basketball, not Football, and players actually have to play both offense and defense.... you see, the analogy mainly works when discussing the ball-dominant positions and how important they are to success if a team.

And how many points does Revis average compared to other DBs...? Oh wait!

I still don’t understand how your response about defensive metrics is applicable to my post on Knits dreadful 0-0-0-0 line.

I guess, if your point was to try to argue that knits impacted the game tonight with his defense... but even you won’t go there.

Fave it, you got defensive bc somebody said something bad about Jnits and you jumped to the company PR line.

Since this is basketball, not Football, and players actually have to play both offense and defense.... you see, the analogy mainly works when discussing the ball-dominant positions and how important they are to success if a team.

You talk a lot of crap, dude. You're always one post behind mine. Learn when to back off.

mafra

Legend
No one is here to read Mafra and I have another game thread fight. The bottom line for me is that Hornacek was supposed to play Mudiay and Ntilkina together. He did the opposite tonight. He needs to play them together and they need to each get 25+ minutes per game from here on out.

Well, hey, there you go! Where was this post earlier? All you had to say was Knits not contributing much to stat line bc coach not playing him with mudiay.

You see, this is putting your Knits Pom poms down and staying in the moment. That?s a comment that actually directly feeds of my statement that Knits is 0-0-0-0 in 20 minutes.

Instead, You decided to pick a fight and start rambling about plus-minus metrics and how savvy fans understand how defense is meaningful.

Well, hey, there you go! Where was this post earlier? All you had to say was Knits not contributing much to stat line bc coach not playing him with mudiay.

You see, this is putting your Knits Pom poms down and staying in the moment. That’s a comment that actually directly feeds of my statement that Knits is 0-0-0-0 in 20 minutes.

Instead, You decided to pick a fight and start rambling about plus-minus metrics and how savvy fans understand how defense is meaningful.

I think you and I need to go our separate ways. I really, really don't like dealing with you and the way that you talk to me.

jimkcchief88

All Star

The truth is we selected Knits solely on what we hope he?ll Become one day. He looks OK, even tho most nights he looks like a fish out of water. He looked good last game... just shocking how his cheerleaders flame you if you post anything remotely negative.

Basketball is a team sport, but there is still a one on one aspect to it. I grew up playing in the rec gym on Mizzou?s campus. If the cat you was checking killed you like that, you would get subbed out in the middle of the run. Literally they would stop the game, grab some dude dribbling next to the water fountain, and sub you OUT😱

mafra

Legend
You talk a lot of crap, dude. You're always one post behind mine. Learn when to back off.

Nope. I just dont suffer fools. You want to play games and take my words out of context and start making generalizations, and start taking jabs.... then grow a pair and deal with what responses your words solicit.

Forum tough guys are all the same...

We don?t need to go separate ways.... I don?t know you from a hole in the wall... I could care less. Just next time when I post about a players stat line... stay on poInt or keep
Comment to yourself....

Nope. I just dont suffer fools. You want to play games and take my words out of context and start making generalizations, and start taking jabs.... then grow a pair and deal with what responses your words solicit.

Forum tough guys are all the same...

We don’t need to go separate ways.... I don’t know you from a hole in the wall... I could care less. Just next time when I post about a players stat line... stay on poInt or keep
Comment to yourself....

Seriously, man, this forum right now is you, me, Tig, Broadway, Kiya, and Chief posting regularly and having discussions most days. 6 guys. You and I are going to keep fighting and ruin it for everyone else? I apologize for my role in our problems in this thread and lately in other threads. I understand you feel disrespected. Just take a step back and try to show some respect in return.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think you and I need to go our separate ways. I really, really don't like dealing with you and the way that you talk to me.

Both of you contribute quite a bit to KO.com, so just agree to disagree and keep it moving. This is what happens the organization fails us fans as the Knicks organization has done. Fail-Jackson set us back at least 5 years with bad picks and contracts. Tanking sounds great until you actually have swallow watching the train wreck. At least I?m out of market so I miss most the mess. But I enjoy htr10 play by plays and Mafra?s insight... 25 games to go until KO.com locker clean out...another lost season😓

mafra

Legend
(Rotoworld)

Emmanuel Mudiay - G - Knicks

Emmanuel Mudiay took a step back on Monday vs. Philly, scoring seven points with four rebounds, two assists and one steal.

He was a -18 in his 19 minutes and did more harm than good for his fantasy owners, hitting 3-of-7 shots and 1-of-4 free throws with one turnover. He's no stranger to efficiency problems, but we're going to see a lot of both Mudiay and Frank Ntilikina down the stretch -- coach Jeff Hornacek said he will make a lineup change after the All-Star break and wants to get the younger players more involved.

???-/

With all that?s F-Ed up in the world, if you honestly get worked up over what a stranger writes.... search deep inside yourself.