Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Orlando Magic 7:00 2/22/2018 [Game #60]

Kiyaman

Legend
Magic 58 Knicks 54
The Magic will score 60 pts before halftime .. it look like Horn's ASG practice did not have any defense

tiger0330

Legend
Sensational fast break Mudiay to THJ alley oop for the last basket the half. Magic lead 69-63 at the half. Trey with 14 pts on 6-10 shooting. Nits has looked OK still waiting for his breakout game though.

In a small sample, we just get killed when Mudiay is on the court. His personal plus/minus is -17 so far, easily the worst on the team.

Trey Burke leaving no doubt that he is a significantly better offensive player than either Mudiay or Ntilkina.

We?ve seen this dog and pony show before. We outscore the Magic by 10 in the 3rd quarter and now lead. I bet you we win this game by over 20. Orlando and Frank Vogel know what they?re supposed to be doing out there this time of year.

Trey Burke with 22 points, 6 assists, and we?ve been a much better team with him on the court (granted I think Orlando is trying to give us this game in the 2nd half). Does Burke get any consideration to be a starter for this team between now and the end of the season? Probably not.

We?re about to break our 8 game losing streak.

Not sure what to take from this game as it looked to me like Orlando rolled over to give us the game in the 2nd half.

That said, if you go just by the outcome, we got beaten badly when Mudiay was on the court and we crushed them once Burke took over at PG with Ntilikina playing off the ball and doing his thing on defense.

mafra

Legend
Darn it. I thought we were about to throw game back to ORL after they tossed it to us... lead cut from 10 to 4. How ORL lost this? Well, they wanted the tank more.

I expect about another 8-11 meaningless wins, knocking us out of a top 7 pick.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 24

mafra

Legend
The 3-header PG monster gave us some offense (Burke) and defense (Knits).

Mudiay should be a better defender with his size and athleticism... but he?s a liability right now on defense