Home opener: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks 7:30 10/17/2018 [Game #1]

Finally got to tune in just in time to see Hezonja?s defense ignite the fast break for a THJ dunk. Knicks lead 40 - 28.

tiger0330

Legend
2nd unit with 21 of the 36pts so far. Play of the game, Hezonja deflects a pass in the Hawks paint, Hardaway picks it up and plays a 2 man with Trey and THJ hammers in a dunk.

Knicks lead 72 - 49 at the half. Too early for the Hawks to fire their coach? Too early to make Fizdale coach of the year? Knicks with 49 points in the 2nd quarter, which is an all-time Knicks record. I knew Fizdale was going to have this team ready to play, but I did not see this coming at all.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks just scored the highest 2nd qtr in their history on a dunk by Kanter. He put it on the floor from about 15 ft and dunked it strong with both hands for a record setting 49 pts in the 2nd qtr. Knicks lead 72-49 at the half, a great first half in the first game of the Fizdale era.

tiger0330

Legend
In the 2 losses in the pre-season Kanter didn't play. He plays in the first home game and we've got a blowout, lot of guys dis him despite him being a top 20 PER player but not me, definitely should be in the conversation for resigning esp if the Knicks have a positive season.

tiger0330

Legend
Fiz knows what he's doing, Trey looks like the best choice for the Knicks starting PG position. Rozier is restricted this off-season, the Celts would have to break the bank to keep him, he wants 20M a year, should the Knicks make a play for him if we can get him for a Myles Turner contract?

tiger0330

Legend
I said this in Summer League that every time I see Trae get his jumper blocked or his drive gets stopped or blocked at the rim it makes me wonder about that trade the Hawks made. Today's game makes that apparent, he really looks small on the court.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Broadway mentioned the 2 most exciting guys in this draft being traded for each other. Both great passers, Doncic my candidate for ROY but Trae with the unlimited range, he nailed the game winning 3 against the Spurs in the pre-season from at least 35 ft. It wasn't even a desperation heave, he just knew that shot was in his range.

yea but that was in college. he's shooting like sh*t today lol

tiger0330

Legend
Performance I've liked best is Trier out of all our guys. Rookie in his 1st game 15 pts in 14 minutes, great 1st game, say goodbye to either Mudiay or Dotson in Dec.

tiger0330

Legend
vince looks like a geezer jogging down the court :lol:

I think I see his wheelchair at the end of the bench
This is his last year from what I've heard him say. That layup he got was early in the game but the Knicks got it together, playing great at both ends. Hawks suck esp w/o Collins so we need to see them against better teams but I like what I see so far. I thought we were looking at a loss opening night but the boys look good with everyone contributing.

Some nice shots from Hezonja. I?ll tell you what, teams are going to have to play defense against us because we have no limit of guys who are out there to get their points. I think the Hawks, who are bad, minus 2 starters is probably the main reason behind our success tonight, but this team has looked cohesive and prepared.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 20

tiger0330

Legend
Missing our best player in Porzingis and a solid vet in CLee and the Knicks still managed a blowout against the Hawks. Love it, solid team effort with 7 guys scoring in double figures, defense, pace and effort is what Fiz wants to build this team with and he made good on that today. We got rid of those bums like PJ, Horn and DFish and we are on our way to building an organization it seems.