Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

mafra

Legend
People have been whispering that there are 3 possible destinations for Durant... stay in GSW, move south to LA or go east to NYK.

Green called him a bitch... GSW owner said KD not same as GSW lifer Curry...

Now this surfaces:

?So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people,? Durant told the website. ?He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I?m like, we?re playing basketball here, and it?s not even about basketball at certain points. So I get why anyone wouldn?t want to be in that environment because it?s toxic.

?Especially when the attention is bulls?t attention, fluff. It?s not LeBron?s fault at all; it?s just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball.?

This is not a criticism of James, as much as it is the situation around him. But that does not make it any less damning for those hoping Durant would consider playing alongside James. Durant has been linked to the Lakers, Knicks and Clippers as possible destinations if he decides to opt out, as expected, and leave a ready-made NBA title contender behind.

?It depends on what kind of player you are,? Durant, 30, said when asked about what it would be like to play alongside James. ?If you?re Kyle Korver, then it makes sense. Because Kyle Korver in Atlanta was the bulk of the offense, and he?s not a No. 1 option at all, not even close. So his talents benefit more from a guy who can pass and penetrate and get him open.?

?If you?re a younger player like a Kawhi [Leonard], trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn?t really make sense. Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it?s how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don?t need another guy.?

Durant has already grown frustrated with the questions about his future, which are mushrooming with rumors that this will be his last season with Golden State. And that speculation also caused a rift between him and outspoken teammate Draymond Green.

One reason it is believed that Durant would be willing to leave the Warriors is because he?ll never be beloved as much as Steph Curry, Klay Thompson or Green. He had that adulation with the Thunder, but a team that could not quite get past the Warriors in the postseason.

Is there a team where he could have both? This might be as close as we get to a clue before July?s free agency.

???-//

I have to say, it looks like it?s 50/50.... KD goes to LAC if KL joins him there with Harris. Otherwise, he?s coming to NY.

tiger0330

Legend
Here's a write-up and video of Melton against the King's, they're short handed at PG after releasing Canaan and Harrison earlier and that French kid Okobo looked lost and hasn't been playing well. I'd trade Nits for Melton in a heartbeat if the Sun's think Nits is their answer at PG.

Heck, why not turn to 19-year old De’Anthony Melton who didn’t play any basketball ANYWHERE at any level last year? And who has never even been a point guard in his life? And who made just 23% of his threes with a 6.6/4.6 assist/turnover ratio in the G-League so far this season (by comparison, Okobo made 36% on threes with 9/2.5 assist/turnover ratio)?

De’Anthony Melton should be the starter at point guard until Devin Booker returns, which could be later this week or could be after New Years.
That’s because Melton was the ONLY player who showed crazy heart in that Sacramento loss to the Kings, throwing up a career high 21 points, dishing a career high 5 assists, grabbing a pair of rebounds and steal for good measure in his 23 minutes.
“We were kind of down, and we just stayed down,” Melton said of the Kings loss. “I just wanted to go out there and give my energy, and whatever happens, happens.”

And on the defensive end, his calling card coming into the league, Melton hounded De’Aaron Fox and every other ball handler who crossed his path. He disrupted the other team’s offense enough to get the Suns out on the break for easy baskets that just weren’t there earlier in the game.

All this came with a 30-point deficit mostly against the Kings second and third string players, but Melton was the best Suns player on the floor on Tuesday and that should be rewarded with at least the start in the next game.
If Melton can be passable on offense while being a pest defensively, he should be playing 30 minutes a night from here on out. Kind of like we all thought Shaq Harrison would do, before he was cut after a really really bad preseason stint.

https://youtu.be/vwVdWWGNANM

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Frank Ntilikina is frustrated about being asked if he's frustrated.

The Knicks guard snapped at a reporter following practice on Wednesday, responding to another question about his mindset riding the bench over the last two games.

"You see now," he said, per the New York Post. "How do I look?"

"Fine?" the reporter responded.

"I'm fine. How do I look out there?" Ntilikina said, gesturing to the court.

"You look like you're working hard."

"Of course, I got to do what I got to do," he answered (New York Post). "Put in the work and stay positive and cheer my teammates."

Ntilikina was later asked if he knew whether he'd be in the lineup Thursday against Boston, answering, "What did coach say?"

"Possibly," the reporter said.

"Then possibly," Ntilkina said.

After his first benching Saturday against the Bucks, the 20-year-old said that he was taking Knicks coach David Fizdale's move as a spark to hopefully get his season going.

"It's not frustration," Ntilikina had said. "I think it's motivation because as a competitor you want to be out there on the court to help your team. My job and my mindset is to keep working harder to be able to get back on the court."

Fizdale said Wednesday it was possible Ntilikina could return to the court, though the Knicks will have the same starting lineup in Boston.

"Always. Always. He's like right there," Fizdale said, per Newsday. "I've always got him right there ready to use him at all times. Like I said, he ain't out of the loop yet. He's right there."

Ntilikina, the Knicks' eighth overall pick in 2017, is averaging 5.9 points in 23 games, which is identical to what he averaged during his rookie season last year. His 2.7 assists are down from last season's 3.2 average.

Ntilkina has also been the subject of trade rumors, with the Grizzles and Suns among the teams reportedly interested

Theknicksblog

mafra

Legend
It would be kind to describe Joakim Noah?s time in New York as tumultuous.

Now newly with the Memphis Grizzlies, the big man has opened up about what he thinks went wrong with the Knicks, and at least some of it has to do with enjoying the New York City night light a bit too much.

?I can look back on it and say I thought I was ready for New York City, and I wasn?t,? Noah said in an interview on the ?Chris Vernon Show.? ?It?s something I have to live with.

?I remember after the first game, I probably had, like, 60 people at my house. I?m lit. I?m too lit to play in New York City. Memphis is perfect for me. Chicago ? we were lit in Chicago, but I was young. You recover faster, you know??

?When I got kicked off the team, it was New York fashion week and I was getting a lot of money and I had no direction,? Noah said. ?I really had to make a decision of how I wanted to live my life. If I kept going on the direction I was going in and stayed in New York, then I probably wouldn?t be here right now.

?Partying ? yeah, I?m getting paid millions of dollars, and I have nothing to do, and I?m 32 years old. I had to lock in and set a routine for myself ? ?cause partying and being an athlete, they don?t go hand in hand.?

https://nypost.com/2018/12/13/joakim-noah-partied-too-hard-in-new-york-to-play-well-for-knicks/

Broadway

All Star
There has to be someone who wants to own The Knicks come on offer him like $4-5bil and call it good.

Supposedly Adam Silver thinks more highly of Dolan than Stern did, says he's one of the brighter owners in the league when it comes to business savvy. Makes decisions off data and not emotions

Kiyaman

Legend
There has to be someone who wants to own The Knicks come on offer him like $4-5bil and call it good.

Supposedly Adam Silver thinks more highly of Dolan than Stern did, says he's one of the brighter owners in the league when it comes to business savvy. Makes decisions off data and not emotions

Stern knew Dolan & Family-members dictated the Knicks and Rangers front-office decision making ....
I wonder what type of package the Dolan's will sell the Knicks ???
A) Knicks?
B) Knicks & Rangers & MSG network?
C) Knicks & Rangers & MSG network & MSG?

mafra

Legend
PHILADELPHIA ? Tim Hardaway Jr. has been playing with the dreaded plantar fasciitis in his right foot, a chronic heel ailment that could affect him the rest of the season, according to Knicks coach David Fizdale.

A slumping Hardaway will return to the lineup Wednesday, when the Knicks visit the Sixers after sitting out one game against the Suns with the sore heel. But this has been going on for more than a month.

?Plantar fasciitis is nagging,? Fizdale said at Wednesday?s morning shootaround at Wells Fargo Center. ?Some days it aches so bad, you can?t move on it. Other days you can tolerate. He?s trying to manage it.?

Hardaway is the Knicks? No. 1 option because of Kristaps Porzingis? season-long rehab, which could be drawing to a close. Averaging a team-high 21 points, Hardaway?s shooting has suffered recently, and his shooting percentage has dropped to 39.5. In the last meeting in Philly more than two weeks ago, Hardaway was 1-of-11.

Kiyaman

Legend
PHILADELPHIA ? Tim Hardaway Jr. has been playing with the dreaded plantar fasciitis in his right foot, a chronic heel ailment that could affect him the rest of the season, according to Knicks coach David Fizdale.

A slumping Hardaway will return to the lineup Wednesday, when the Knicks visit the Sixers after sitting out one game against the Suns with the sore heel. But this has been going on for more than a month.

?Plantar fasciitis is nagging,? Fizdale said at Wednesday?s morning shootaround at Wells Fargo Center. ?Some days it aches so bad, you can?t move on it. Other days you can tolerate. He?s trying to manage it.?

Hardaway is the Knicks? No. 1 option because of Kristaps Porzingis? season-long rehab, which could be drawing to a close. Averaging a team-high 21 points, Hardaway?s shooting has suffered recently, and his shooting percentage has dropped to 39.5. In the last meeting in Philly more than two weeks ago, Hardaway was 1-of-11.

Damn .. sorry to here bout Timmy's foot injury .. the Fizdale-Knicks needed Hardaway's scoring the other night in the 2nd half against the (7-24) Phoenix Suns !!!

mafra

Legend
Knicks president Steve Mills divorced himself from any responsibility of signing Joakim Noah to a four-year, $72 million deal ? arguably the worst free-agent signing in Knicks history.

Noah, waived in a stretch provision late in training camp, compounded his disastrous stint further by saying last week he partied and drank too much as a Knick. Noah?s altercation last January with ex-Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek was the final straw as he was banished from the team.

?Obviously I?m disappointed it worked out the way it worked out,? Mills said. ?I don?t know that, had it been just my decision, I don?t know that I would have signed him.?

NY Post

Mills has been here for 20 pathetic years, but somehow nothing is his fault and he has the gall to sit there and say we are building this NOW from the bottom up.

paris401

Starter
“Obviously I’m disappointed it worked out the way it worked out,” Mills said. “I don’t know that, had it been just my decision, I don’t know that I would have signed him.”NY Post
Mills has been here for 20 pathetic years, but somehow nothing is his fault and he has the gall to sit there and say we are building this NOW from the bottom up.

he's a fuk-ing lowlife/scumbag

tiger0330

Legend
After someone had tweeted the video of how slow Parker has been getting back on defense for the Bulls .. i don't think any NBA team will want any part of Parker
Parker is going to attract some interest as a salary dump but why would anyone want a guy that said NBA teams don't pay players to play defense and just got benched by one of the worst teams in the NBA. I bet you can pick him up cheap this off-season since he flopped on his 20M audition with the Bulls.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks are 1-9 last 10 so how can things get much worse. Meanwhile the Nets are 9-1 last 10, Knicks can't even claim to be the best team in NYC. They pulled out an exciting double OT win at Barkley yesterday with Dinwiddie leading them. Took several years for him to come into his own, Nits imo is going to take as long to realize his potential so he won't be a Knick when he does.

NY Post

The best thing Knicks first-year coach David Fizdale had going for him is keeping up team spirit. That may be challenging as this season could spin out of control out West. Losers of 10 of the last 11 games, the Knicks are on the verge of inheriting the NBA’s worst record as they embark on a six-game, two-week death march. The road begins with a rematch in Milwaukee on Thursday before heading out West for five games of doom against the Jazz, Nuggets, Lakers, Trail Blazers and Warriors. “We got to make sure we stay together,’’ Tim Hardaway Jr. said after the Knicks’ 109-95 Christmas Day dud versus the Bucks . “We got to find a way to make our lives a lot easier on the floor — knock down shots when we’re open, hit the right man when he’s open and defend.” With the Knicks ranked 29th in defensive rating at 112.9 points per 100 possessions, Fizdale may have backed off, canceling Wednesday’s practice. After losses to league dregs, Cleveland, Phoenix and Atlanta the past two weeks, the Knicks sit at 9-26 — with the NBA’s third-worst winning percentage. They are a half-game from the bottom and this murderous trek against six playoff-caliber clubs should do the trick. Finishing with the worst record, though, won’t give them the best odds at the draft lottery because of its new format. The three worst teams split the odds evenly (14.5 percent). “We can’t be negative about it,’’ Frank Ntilikina told The Post. “You got to be positive. It’s the only way to prepare.’’ Last season’s club, coached by Jeff Hornacek, also fell apart at Christmas. Those Knicks were 17-15 entering the holiday and sputtered to a 12-48 post-Christmas record — lowlighted by Kristap Porzingis’ ACL tear in February. “Guys are more passionate, we’re more into and involved in the team [than last year],’’ Hardaway said. “Everyone loves one another on the team. It’s definitely so different. I’ll go to war with these guys. We’re teammates — and family.” Fizdale’s relentless redoing of the rotation has been a function of a young roster’s inconsistencies and his own fickleness. Trey Burke, Frank Ntilikina, Mario Hezonja and Emmanuel Mudiay have each suffered stretches in which they did not play at all. see also Frank Ntilikina does not sound happy inside Knicks' doghouse This has been a trying month for Frank Ntilikina, with... Courtney Lee didn’t play on Christmas Day for the first time since returning from a neck injury this month and was joined by Nilikina and Hezonja. The Croatian may have been kept away from a threatening Giannis Antetokounmpo. Fizdale has to decide again Thursday whether to play the 23-year-old forward against the Greek Freak, whom he infuriated on Dec. 1 by dunking on him and then stepping over his 6-foot-11 frame. “I didn’t exactly anticipate what it was going to be [record-wise] so I just tried to prepare myself mentally for whatever adversity comes,’’ Fizdale said. “It’s on me to stay even in this whole thing and not be up and down emotionally because I’ve got to keep their spirits right. They feel it. I don’t want to stand here and act like they’re brushing it off and not taking [the losses] to heart.’’

mafra

Legend
Knicks are without KP. Enough said. Nets may still be better but to compare the two teams isn?t fair when Knicks have played nearly a year without their best player. Yes, Nets have best record in NBA last few weeks... too bad they don?t hang merit badges on the rafters for teams that have great 3-week runs...