NBA Summer League 2019

tiger0330

Legend
Knox hits the first 3 for the Knicks, continues his good 3 pt shooting in SL.

Kadeem with a bad alley oop pass to Mitch that is behind him but he reaches back and almost slams it in. Almost made the highlight reel with that one.

tiger0330

Legend
He?s in Dallas training, pretty short trip to LV so he should at least be there to support his teammates.
Just saw Nits watching the game. Glad he's there supporting his teammates, he's probably also participating in the practices, DSJ is and he can't afford to let DSJ get an edge on him for a spot in the rotation.

I like what I?m seeing from Iggy. He seems like he could be a versatile rotation player for us. Probably will be a highlight for our 2nd unit a lot of nights.

tiger0330

Legend
I wonder if we get to hear from the Knicks brass as a guest commentator in one of the games like we just heard from James Jones of the Suns. I bet they've been asked but probably declined because they know the questions they would be asked. Knicks are probably one of the worst media friendly teams in the league.

tiger0330

Legend
I like what I?m seeing from Iggy. He seems like he could be a versatile rotation player for us. Probably will be a highlight for our 2nd unit a lot of nights.
Not impressed with him but I base this on a small sample size. Just don't think he'll come out of SL with Knicks fans abuzz about what a steal he was as a 48 pick like we were about Zo and Mitch.

Not impressed with him but I base this on a small sample size. Just don't think he'll come out of SL with Knicks fans abuzz about what a steal he was as a 48 pick like we were about Zo and Mitch.

Just drove past the defense for a baseline slam. He knocks down three pointers. Hit RJ for the alley oop to start the game. Not sure what more you want to see. Seems to have capabilities in all facets of the game.

tiger0330

Legend
Just drove past the defense for a baseline slam. He knocks down three pointers. Hit RJ for the alley oop to start the game. Not sure what more you want to see. Seems to have capabilities in all facets of the game.
Yeah, he made a few plays so you and Doris like him. Like I said I'm basing my opinion on a small sample size and the fact that he was a low second round pick that if it weren't for the Knicks he might have gone undrafted.

Yeah, he made a few plays so you and Doris like him. Like I said I'm basing my opinion on a small sample size and the fact that he was a low second round pick that if it weren't for the Knicks he might have gone undrafted.

Outside of mafra, there is such a pessimism on these boards right now. Iggy looks good. Best player on the floor for us tonight. I think he has a future for us.

tiger0330

Legend
Doris can't stop talking about the kid. OK, the kid is going to be our Canadian Ginoboli.

DSJ interview during the 3rd quarter. Says we are a playoff team and acknowledged he is in a battle with Payton for the PG position, but also said he looks forward to playing with him and the rest of our new additions.

tiger0330

Legend
DSJ interview during the 3rd quarter. Says we are a playoff team and acknowledged he is in a battle with Payton for the PG position, but also said he looks forward to playing with him and the rest of our new additions.
I want to see this new shooting form he's working on. Talks like you won't think it was the same guy you saw last year. Usually it's just a tweak, he's been working with Coach Smart on it.

tiger0330

Legend
RJ’s free throw shooting needs to be addressed.
Shooting in general. 2-10 from the field, an example of why you can't take a few SL games and make a judgement about a guy. Does anyone think Iggy is going to be starting over RJ. If RJ plays like this in the regular season like he's played in the last 2 SL games we're doomed.

What I don't like is the late game collapse even in SL with the Suns taking the lead for the first time in the game. Knicks were favored to win the SL trophy.

tiger0330

Legend
Iggy with the game tying 3. Think he has 28 pts now. Tied at 96. Htr10 is right, kid has been the best guy on the floor both teams and has outplayed our hyped 3d pick RJ. Iggy has done everything you would have expected of a high 1st round pick.

2 minute OT now.

Broadway

All Star
IG is nice, I really like his game. He plays with BITE...A MOTOR. Again our 2nd round picks out playing our 1st. Taketh then Giveth

RJ is just pressing, if I were him I'd work on attacking the rim and trying to get to free throw line to establish rhythm. His shot is definitely not there. Not as concerned with him he just a little lost on what to do. Once he stops thinking and just play more freely he'll be fine

Knox otoh not encouraged at all by his game. He's literally the exact same player. If his 3-ball is on cool other than this he's pretty worthless. Never liked the pick no Motor, slow, gases out of games and is nothing more than a perimeter safety valve. Miles Bridges might be better

Last edited: