Game Thread - Atlanta Hawks at New York Knicks - Tuesday, 12/17/19

mafra

Legend
Miller is clearly a betters Xs and Os guy, a grinder, a throwback old-school guy. Better adjustments and schemes...

But this isn?t a knock on Fiz. He was hired to coach KP and the star max guys.... he?s like a new age MLb players mgr guy... a motivator.... he wasn?t a fit with this roster.

The red flag for Fizdale was how he was constantly bringing in ex-NBA players to work with our guys. Other coaches aren?t doing that. They use their practice time to actually coach their players and hone team execution.

tiger0330

Legend
Tough shot Randle doubled on his first touch in the 2nd half and he still knocks down his midrange jumper. He's showing more under Miller than under Fizdale.

I remember saying that the Knicks should be shooting a bunch of 3's. They shouldn't be taking the ball to the basket aand shooting more 2's.

Taking the ball to the basket and attacking the rim. If you don't have good 3 pt shooter you don't shoot 3's . Payton stop running for the ball. RJ want give the ball up because he thinks he's hot.

tiger0330

Legend
Miller is clearly a betters Xs and Os guy, a grinder, a throwback old-school guy. Better adjustments and schemes...

But this isn’t a knock on Fiz. He was hired to coach KP and the star max guys.... he’s like a new age MLb players mgr guy... a motivator.... he wasn’t a fit with this roster.
Knock or no knock. If the Knicks turn this around, he's persona non grata for another head coaching position seemingly like Mark Jackson. Spo loves the guy maybe he goes back to Miami as an assistant.

mafra

Legend
Knock or no knock. If the Knicks turn this around, he's persona non grata for another head coaching position seemingly like Mark Jackson. Spo loves the guy maybe he goes back to Miami as an assistant.

The saying goes ?we all rise to our level of incompetence.?

Fiz is a great assistant coach.... not a HC... maybe he would do well in college... but that?s it.

tiger0330

Legend
Miller back to this 3 headed PG rotation but Wally and Breen said it's not sustainable like I've been saying, guys can't get into a rhythm getting 16 mins apiece. I would go with a 2 man rotation depending on matchup until someone sticks out.

1st quarter the Hawks where staying with us because RJ was getting beat and losing his man. We better be glad that Hureter was cold. Once he left out of the game we got the big lead.

tiger0330

Legend
That's an incredible stat in Jan VC will have played in 4 decades, the 90s 2000s 2010s and 2020 his final season, if he wanted to he could still play a couple of more years imo. He's not going to coach, he likes broadcasting, Clips should hire him I hate that new crew after Lawler retired. .

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah .. let DSJ Dotson Knox Gibson and Portis play all the 4th quarter to keep gaining chemistry within the rotation

Broadway

All Star
We are playing a bit better. We knew coaching had something to do with it to a degree. Look no further than the way Randle and Robinson have been playing. Yes having EP back has been helpful but I think all of us had higher expectations for Randle and Robinson coming into the season.

The 3-1 record is a definite positive but for me when it comes to coaching especially for a young team it's more so about the development and progress of players. Keep up the good work Miller I said you deserve your shot to prove your chops.

Last edited: