Knicks/Lakeshow:Emergency Game Thread

mafra

Legend
A pathetic 7-32 from downtown so far. They don’t need OG. They need shooting. Grimes and IQ rarely knock down big shuts down the stretch. Can’t win shooting under 25% from downtown in todays NBA

mafra

Legend
I’m bot saying it’s all bad and bleak… some things to like and hope for moving forward. But every team can boast that. RJ/Randle/Brunson might be best under 27 triplet in NBA…. Grimes and Iq are solid. But the prices just don’t seem to fit and it’s more likely not going to reach its potential than it is likely it clicks.

Hey, maybe they get G-Allen and OG and keep building and maybe they take baby steps. But, this team is nothing more than a 7-11 type team. Their peak is emerging from the bubble then getting ousted in R1 fairly easily. After 2 decades of crap, that doesn’t excite me.

mafra

Legend
IQ-QG 2-11 from downtown. They built a brick house in crunch time. Schroeder went 2-3 from downtown and put Lakers up 3 in OT. Westbrook was setting AD for easy buckets down the stretch... stars need help. LJ didn't win it in crunch time... hard to blast Randle for this loss. Again, if Randle isn't MVP then NYK struggle to win.

Brunson was terrific… Randle was good enough. At home, why is it that their role player made the play to win it and our role guys disappoint? When will Grimes Knock down a wide open 3? Randle shoulders the blame bc if he doesn’t carry the load… they can’t win.

7-34 from downtown!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Games like this makes you wonder what happens this season if Rose had balls and acted boldly and dealt RJ, Grimes, IQ, OBI for Mitchell.

NYK would still have picks for OG too

mafra

Legend
If I have to listen to loser NYK post game homers at MsG talk about another moral victory. Enough already. This team is a 37-43 win team and a first round loser. They’ll get the 18th pick. Big deal. Rose can’t build a winner. Losing record at home and I have to listen to these guys talk about how good this team is.

Broadway

All Star
Games like this makes you wonder what happens this season if Rose had balls and acted boldly and dealt RJ, Grimes, IQ, OBI for Mitchell.

NYK would still have picks for OG too
We’d be no different than where we are now…very thin to no depth, absolutely horrific defensively and the picks needed for a quality rotation player wouldn’t be ideal

They surrendered all first rounders from 2025 to 2029 eligible…if you count swap rights totaling 5 picks

The trade was INSANE!!!

Broadway

All Star
My bad! Can Randle score in 4 seconds ???
Chief? who would u select to take last shot?
Randle?
Brunson?
Barrett?
Quickley?
Kiya Coach sat RJ basically all of the 4th and OT and team still lost in a pathetic fashion per usual

BTW RJ should’ve been benched he played SOFF!

That being said what was the excuse tonight? Hart/Sims played good on interior for the most part, Jalen was the best player on the court so please provide a reasonable narrative of excuse

mafra

Legend
We’d be no different than where we are now…very thin to no depth, absolutely horrific defensively and the picks needed for a quality rotation player wouldn’t be ideal

They surrendered all first rounders from 2025 to 2029 eligible…if you count swap rights totaling 5 picks

The trade was INSANE!!!
Problem is it’s easy to find players like RJ, IQ, QG or Obi. Knicks could’ve had a big 3 of JB, DM, JR. Still have assets to make a run at G-Allen and OG. They would’ve had Robinson, IH, Sims at C.

I don’t know… seems that roster a lot better than this. Nobody can close and closers aren’t easy to find.

Brunson
Mitchell
OG
Randle
Robinson

How are we feeling entering 2023-2024 with that starting 5?

Broadway

All Star
Had
Problem is it’s easy to find players like RJ, IQ, QG or Obi. Knicks could’ve had a big 3 of JB, DM, JR. Still have assets to make a run at G-Allen and OG. They would’ve had Robinson, IH, Sims at C.

I don’t know… seems that roster a lot better than this. Nobody can close and closers aren’t easy to find.

Brunson
Mitchell
OG
Randle
Robinson

How are we feeling entering 2023-2024 with that starting 5?
Had we a better coach we probably win tonight and only just 3gms back of Cleveland, who arguably has better depth after Top 3 rotation

They were a playoff team last yr we weren’t, if they added Mitchell to said team they should be way more than 3/3.5gms better than us

The proof is literally in the current season

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I mean I get your point Maf you like the idea of Mitchell/Brunson/Randle as a 3-headed monster compared to what we have now

All I’m saying is last yr after 53gms played Cleveland was 32-21 a three headed monster of Gardland/Mark/Sexton, this yr after 53gms they are 31-22 with Garland/Mitchell/Mobley

It doesn’t always equate like we think just because you have a Star

Cleveland is barely a 5th seed and if Miami continues getting their act together they could end up a 6th seed

mafra

Legend
You d have a great point about how DM hasn’t made Cavs better, which nobody is talking about. Interesting.

Broadway

All Star
You d have a great point about how DM hasn’t made Cavs better, which nobody is talking about. Interesting.

I'm not saying Mitchell wouldn't have made us better, I guess I'm more leery of how much so. I don't like the idea of mortgaging our future for DM if it doesn't make us an absolute lock to be a Top 4 team...really Top 3 when fully assessing

Celtics/Bucks/Sixers aren't going anywhere anytime soon, Nets, Cavs, Heat lurking...teams bunched in the middle can all make similar moves to improve, adding solid to potentially high rotation players

You cited the rumor of Anunoby...the idea of offering up 3 1st rounders sounds good, honestly?(I have concerns)

mafra

Legend
I like OG as a player with potential, but who is he an upgrade over in the 9 man rotation? OG, Mitchell would enhance the JB-JR-RJ experiment, but come at the expense of QG’s development.

Knicks also need shooting, right, more than defense?

So, if you’re trading just picks to TOR…. Who doesn’t play? Obi and QB play less, no?

I’d prefer a Cam for Allen swap, bc it doesn’t cost much assets moving forward. He provides shooting and an extra dimension for Thibbs that’s been lost with Evan F out.

I just can’t trade 3 first rounders for OG after balking doing that for DM.

But, who knows, it could be a big enough boost moving forward bc it would solidify the defensive side of ball for starting 5. But I’d prefer a swap of Obi or something.

Going to be fascinating to see what Rose does or doesn’t do next 2 weeks.

Broadway

All Star
I like OG as a player with potential, but who is he an upgrade over in the 9 man rotation? OG, Mitchell would enhance the JB-JR-RJ experiment, but come at the expense of QG’s development.

Knicks also need shooting, right, more than defense?

So, if you’re trading just picks to TOR…. Who doesn’t play? Obi and QB play less, no?

I’d prefer a Cam for Allen swap, bc it doesn’t cost much assets moving forward. He provides shooting and an extra dimension for Thibbs that’s been lost with Evan F out.

I just can’t trade 3 first rounders for OG after balking doing that for DM.

But, who knows, it could be a big enough boost moving forward bc it would solidify the defensive side of ball for starting 5. But I’d prefer a swap of Obi or something.

Going to be fascinating to see what Rose does or doesn’t do next 2 weeks.
Why are we always trading for other teams young players and never developing our own nor developing them(Burke, Mudiay, Hezonja, Smith, Portis, Cam). I hate the way we do things as an organization. We have no real plan...EVER

OG would suffer the same fate as would Allen...buying low or high

mafra

Legend
I agree. Knicks need to pray SGA is made available. Anybody else who is available, that means OKC has more ammo.

KAT is interesting, bc Edwards is now the man and the KAT-Gobert duo isn’t working.

Would a package built around Obi, Cam and picks be enough?

Let’s think and see what else is even remotely available that would make Knicks better in 1-3 years? The best scenario is to develop. It’s not sexy now, but Randle, RJ, JB, QG, IQ, OT, MR is as good a young core as anybody has in the EC (who can boast talent under 27). Only problem is team is devoid a top 10 stud. You sort of need those in NBA. No free agent savior is coming. So, only course is to develop and hope for a miracle.

Broadway

All Star
I agree. Knicks need to pray SGA is made available. Anybody else who is available, that means OKC has more ammo.

KAT is interesting, bc Edwards is now the man and the KAT-Gobert duo isn’t working.

Would a package built around Obi, Cam and picks be enough?

Let’s think and see what else is even remotely available that would make Knicks better in 1-3 years? The best scenario is to develop. It’s not sexy now, but Randle, RJ, JB, QG, IQ, OT, MR is as good a young core as anybody has in the EC (who can boast talent under 27). Only problem is team is devoid a top 10 stud. You sort of need those in NBA. No free agent savior is coming. So, only course is to develop and hope for a miracle.
Kat is sorta a mixed bag…I personally feel he’s SOFF, has poor leadership, distracted, and a little sensitive as it pertains to high maintenance. I know he’s been through some things and I try to consider his trials of adversity yet I’m not completely sold. He’s talented when he’s locked in and healthy

A report earlier says Raps might not like our 3 picks offered acquired from trades…they have protection on them. Could be a play to extract more from us or get other teams to give them what they want

Then when you look at the most recent trades, it suggest teams are looking for quite a bit for players who are highly coveted and/or All-Star/All NBA caliber

Obi and Cam’s stock aren’t high cuhz Coach won’t play them. They both should have lottery value and it ticks me off we continue to kill value here. IQ is probably a player with a rising stock although could change game-to-game

SGA is a true dream…problem there, who wants to make a trade with Presti, smh