D'antoni says Steph refused to play

Finally a voice of reason...

You missed this a few pages back, now we have a few people here with common sence :thumbsup:

They will never see it, its been in front of their faces for years and they never saw it. Proof by these retarded posts.

Hey Starburian's ask yourself 1 question and leave all the pride BS,gurenteed contract stuff off to the side..... pretend for a second your a man with a job, if you go to work and just take a seat and do nothing and your boss walks over to you and tells you to do some work and you tell him No.......what happens?

Why do you beleive that basic morals or values shouldn't have to pertain to Steph? You guy's are willing to admit he is human right?

I see alot of members are backing you on this.....however this is not a Job or a death sentence (Army, Navy, Etc.), this is a CAREER.....a very huge difference.... it come with guaranteed contracts and no-trading.... something the NFL refuse to do.

Dont get it mixed up or confuse with any other sport or job.... the NBA is the best and safest Career that any Sports player or "CAREER-Person" could have in the USA.
Players fire more Coaches and Managers in the NBA than any other sport so lets get this right.

OK Kiyaman, now take out all the guaranteed contract non-sence along with all the other CRAP! and just break it down to basic morals..... Your getting paid to do whatever the team needs of you. Weather that's sitting on the end of the bench in street clothes to help your team grow, or playing 48 min. a game. The team pays your salary therefor you do as they ask. Dosen't get any more simple than that.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
1. Mike D'Antoni said that Marbury was going to get a clean slate.
2. Mike D'Antoni lied to Marbury and all of the fans.
3. Mike D'Antoni acted as if Marbury was going to get playing time.
4. Mike D'Antoni gave Marbury playing time, in the preseason.
5. Mike D'Antoni decided to all of a sudden put Marbury on the inactive list.
6. Mike D'Antoni has no intentions of using Marbury, and his only goal was to have someone to play, while Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas take their physicals.

It's funny how people attack Marbury, but have nothing to say about Mike D'Antoni's manipulating and deceiving ways.

F*(k Mike D'Antoni. He and Donnie Walsh are destroying this team. You can say whatever you want, but the Knicks aren't going anywhere with Al Harrington as the star player on our team.

The Knicks are a business. They are trying to trade Marbury or buy him out for an amount that is consistent with other NBA buyouts. They want to maximize his value.

Maximizing his value required him to be in shape, motivated, and playing well in pre season so other teams could actually see he still has some game left after last year's surgery. If it was anyone other thanMarbury, they probably could have counted on him showing up in perfect shape, behaving, and giving 100% no matter what was going down because that's what a professional athlete does (partly because they are smart enough to know what's in their own best interests to begin with). They manipulated him because if they told him he was out, he probably would have been an even bigger distraction than he already is. I can't wait until this self centered loser is someone's else's problem.

If he was half a professional, he would realize he's out but be keeping himself in perfect game shape right now at practice so when he goes to his new team he could be effective right away.

This may be a stretch for some of you but lets use some very basic common sense here for just a moment. There are well over 400 players in the NBA, many of which see very little playing time if any at all. When a situation presents it's self, some of these players that get next to no playing time will have an opportunity to play, and guess what, most of them will jump on it.

The difference is you would call these guys no name players. They don't have 20+ million dollar contracts. They actually want to play and all of them at least had skill enough to be brought on to the NBA level and receive contracts, but they may not be in the coach's plans. Still, when asked, these hungry players play ball. I've never heard Malik Rose say **** you coach, I'm not in your future plans so I'm not going to play or JJ Redick say he isn't getting enough playing time so he's not going to play. As I said, there are well over 400 players in the NBA so you can find countless examples of guys that don't get playing time or are forced to play in a style that is not of their own, but you don't hear of these guys refusing to play because things aren't the way they want them to be.

My point is the coaches reasons for benching a player are irrelevant. As a soldier you can't refuse to go on a tour of duty because you don't like the president. You've enlisted, time to serve. As long as Marbury is apart of this team, or any other player apart of any other NBA team for that matter, is called to play and they are physically capable of playing, they should play. **** all of the hard feelings or what happened yesterday.

But what you are not factoring in guy, is they told him he is not part of the team's future at all, and are currently working on a buy out to release him. That is the difference between being the 12th man on the roster, and being a formality on a team that you are currently the best player on that roster, and not in their plans.

If the president goes a soldier in the army, and says we are looking to outright release you in the very near future, you are not part of our plans, should that soldier be ready to head to Iraq to possibly die if the country all of a sudden gets desperate? Let's rephrase this.. If YOU were that soldier, how would you feel?

GetRealistic

Starter
Seriously guys. We're 7-6 we just played a pretty inspiring game with only 7 guys las night and we also cleared loads of cap which will lead to the rebirth of the franchise and were wasting our time talking about Marbury. Who cares release him, let him sit on the bench all year, at this point who cares.

And Kiya you flip flop on your opinions constantly. You wanted Randolph gone now you want him still here, you hated Marbury now you want him after all his selfisness to play. Pick a viewpoint and stick with it.

Also i'm waiting for you to reply to the Bulls waive Demetrius Nichols thread.

CoolClyde

What direction?

D'antoni talks about a different direction, other than playing Steph, what direction is that? when you don't play (arguably) your best player, embarrass him in front of the world, and then ask him to fill in temporarily? Then you trade your 2 best (performing) players, in order to get under the cap in 2 years, what direction is that? I can't blame Stephon for having his feelings hurt, but grow the f*ck up, you selfish millionaire, you're paid to play, and when coach says play, you do it. Sulking is for losers.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
But what you are not factoring in guy, is they told him he is not part of the team's future at all, and are currently working on a buy out to release him. That is the difference between being the 12th man on the roster, and being a formality on a team that you are currently the best player on that roster, and not in their plans.

If the president goes a soldier in the army, and says we are looking to outright release you in the very near future, you are not part of our plans, should that soldier be ready to head to Iraq to possibly die if the country all of a sudden gets desperate? Let's rephrase this.. If YOU were that soldier, how would you feel?

This is a good debating point. Maybe you know something that I don't but I haven't seen or read any 'direct quotes' from D'Antoni or Walsh that stated that Marbury was not in the future plans. I think this is something we all presumed (media and fans) but I seriously doubt this was something that was actually said to Marbury, but I could be wrong. If that were the case, if D'Antoni were to actually come up to Marbury and say 'Hey kid, your a real problem so don't even bother to suit up.' I may be inclined to agree with you.

The fact that D'Antoni had a conversation with Marbury and was left with the impression that Marbury would have a problem coming off the bench behind Duhon is what led D'Antoni to neutralize the situation. We all know how Steph can act if he doesn't like a situation. Instead of living with another distraction, D'Antoni said, 'OK, if you're going to cause a problem over backing up Duhon, I'll give the job to Nate', and out of the line up Marbury goes. This is how I think it went down, this is how it was reported. If it turns out that D'Antoni walked up to Steph and said don't bother suiting up we have no need for you, EVER, I'll agree with you, but the fact is that didn't happen. Marbury got pushed to the side, as so many other players do, the coach had an opportunity for him and Marbury was pissed and decided not to play. You guys can sugarcoat this but this is how it went down.

Akamu

The King
“Lets applaud my husband, msg33. Keep your eyes off him, Akamu!”
-OGKnickfag
You really like my name in your mouth don’t you? I was going to leave you alone but you keep bringing up my name when I didn’t even address you.

Get realistic, could you introduce me to your dealer? Is your name for real? Q Brick is a bum, he's only 28 and is as washed up as Penny Hardaway or Antoine Walker. He sucks: can't score in bunches...

Funny OGKnickfag your 28 and act like an old washed up fool who thinks highly of himself, your not even wise...

Let's check out your highlights on this forum:

In your first view posts on this site you come demanding respect from all posters on more then one post.

The Knicks is my team, I was rocking Knicks jerseys since before you bitches were born. Show your dad some respect, when he gets home from work…….

Begging get's you nowhere and you just made yourself look like a clown, which you are.

fatclownfailgb5.jpg

Don’t tell me your not a clown, you admitted to it already…..

I don't carry pictures around, and I don't feel I have to prove shit to a little herb, like you. My people know I get girls, any clown can do that.

==============//

You try to down talk me on a political level mixed in with real world events which you still have yet to fully understand, you keep insisting that I make things up when there's overwhelming proof that proves otherwise. Then you agree with things that I state because you know they are factual.

I say this as a student of politics, with a BA in political science.

Exactly, you’re a student of politics and not on my level, this is not a subject you can teach. It‘s not my fault they didn’t teach everything in the education system and you failed to properly educate yourself about the world and rather ignore what goes on around you-

200pxtripbo5.gif

I don't care about depopulation, the future of mankind, a species which I think has become a virus on this planet, or having power. They can do whatever they like, as they have been doing. I just don't care about stupid conspiracies and illogical beliefs. Even if everything you say is true, I don't give a crap, because I don't find scapegoats for a problem that's everywhere, all the way from the New York City Council to the president.

You breakdown and weep because you can't handle all the facts which causes you to expose how much of a pig headed loser you are.

Here use this bucket to throw up all that bullshyt you post:

bucketofaildp1.jpg

==============//

You enviously attack one of my pastimes which would be the skill of artistic creativity. I got the point already your lacking something that I posses and you obsessively keep posting about it because it bothers you to know how much diversity I have.

envyyouun5.jpg

Envy earns you:

failcertwf9.jpg

==============//

Creating a thread calling Crawford the greatest shooting guard in the Knicks recent history, along with a poll to play yourself even further….

pityfailht3.jpg

A few days later Crawford gets traded for capspace, inconsistency, low IQ, lack of aggression and overall dismal play =

epicfailrl4.jpg

Posting a photo of 2 men kissing only shines a light and a question on your sexual position. Are you trying to tell us something we don’t already know?

24yearbook-2.190.jpg

I guess now we all know who's giving you "neck during halftime."

homogmq8.jpg

==============//

The only time you actually made some real sense was when you were defending Starbury (in this and 1 other thread).

Even though Starbury should have played to make himself look better, although I do not mind him not playing for the way he was treated.

But of course you have to say something ridiculous to overshadow anything close to being considered credible....

And about Lebron, and the possibility that he might be the Knicks' saviour, that stinks of Isiah-ology: the belief that getting big names is going to equate with success. You don't get better by just going out there and signing big names, you get better by studying prospects carefully, finding a combination of smart veterans and hungry new talent. Along the way, some get waived and some are kept, until you end up with something like what Chicago or Orlando have. This idea that you can buy success has been proven wrong, at least in the NBA. If you look at the Spurs, Nets, Chicago, Orlando, Detroit, Philly, and lots of the other successful teams, they've proved that. They got to where they are slowly, by drafting and signing players intelligently.

Isiah-ology? You defended Jamal Crawful (Isaiah's son) with your life calling him the greatest SG of the Knicks recent history.

“As for Lebron being the Knicks' saviour, I wouldn't bet on it. On the Cavs, he's helped them get into the playoffs, but he hasn't done anything special, nothing comparable to Kobe,for example. He also tends to choke, in the playoffs. I compare Lebron to a younger Vince Carter or Grant Hill. Bottom line is that we should have kept Jamal, Steph and Zach. Q, Jerome James, Curry, and Malik, should have been traded or waived. And, with our draft pick, we should have gotten Brook Lopez, who can block shots and get you some points.

Anyway, I'm not GM, so what I say doesn't matter.”
Lebron James NBA Career summary:

>NBA Eastern Conference Champion with the Cavaliers: 2007 [1]
>The Sporting News Co-MVP: 2006 [2]
>2-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2006,[2] 2008
>NBA Rookie of the Year: 2004 [2]
>4-time NBA All-Star: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 [2]
>4-time All-NBA: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 [2]
>FIBA Americas Championship: 2007 [3]
>Olympic Champion: 2008 [3]
>NBA regular season leader, points per game: 2008 (30.0).[2]
>NBA regular season leader, field goals made: 2005 (795), 2008 (794).[2]
>NBA regular season leader, minutes played: 2005 (3,388), 2007 (3,190).[2]
>NBA regular season leader, traditional three-point plays: 2006 (79).[4]
-Career 40+ point games (regular season): 23 (as of 2007-08) [5]
-Career 40+ point games (postseason): 3 (as of 2007 playoffs) [5]
-Career 50+ point games (regular season): 5 (as of 2007-08) [5]
-Career triple-doubles (regular season): 17 (as of 2007-08) [3]
-Career triple-doubles (postseason): 3 (as of 2008) [3]

NBA achievements and milestones:
One of three players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in their rookie season.
Includes Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.

One of five players in NBA history to average over 25 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists in a season.
Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this six times), John Havlicek (achieved this twice), Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan.

One of four players in NBA history to average at least 31 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in a season.
Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this twice), Jerry West, and Michael Jordan.

One of two players in NBA history to average at least 27 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists for three consecutive seasons.
Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this eight times).

One of three players in NBA history to record a triple-double in their playoff debut.
Includes Johnny McCarthy and Magic Johnson.

2nd place all-time for consecutive 20-point games to start a playoff career with 19.
Behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's 27 consecutive games
Most consecutive points scored for a team in a playoff game with 25 straight points.

Youngest player records:

James owns numerous NBA "youngest player" records:1
Youngest player to be named NBA Rookie of the Year (19 years of age).
Youngest player to record a triple-double (20 years, 20 days).
Recorded 27 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists on January 19, 2005 vs. Portland Trail Blazers.
Youngest player to score 40 points in a game (19 years, 88 days).
Recorded 41 points on March 27, 2004 vs. New Jersey Nets.
Youngest player to score 50 points in a game (20 years, 80 days).
Recorded 56 points on March 20, 2005 vs. Toronto Raptors.
Youngest player to score 2,000 points in a season (2004-05).
Youngest player to average 30 points per game in a season (2005-06).
Youngest player to be awarded All-NBA honors (2004-05).
Youngest player to be named to the All-NBA first team (21 years, 138 days).
Youngest player to win an All-Star Game MVP (21 years, 55 days).

Youngest player to reach:
1,000 points
2,000 points
3,000 points
4,000 points
5,000 points
6,000 points
7,000 points
8,000 points
9,000 points
10,000 points
11,000 points
Giving the Knicks a chance on signing one of the most dominate players to ever grace basketball with a possibility of pairing him with an all star center in Chris bosh, not to mention other options and possibilities in this year (2010).

Bad move by Donnie Walsh right?
…wrong =

failghhsg3.gif

==============//

I don't go around talking about how pretty I am, and I know how worthless that all is.

then…

Yo, metro, which one gives you "neck," during Knick games? I would post a pic, but I don't want to take your women. Once you go OG, you could never go back to regular, run-of-the-mill men.

I must sacrifice, for the good of mankind.

Boasting about how good you look without posting a picture and at the same time creating controversy digs you a nice deep hole that leads you to....

fail19eo9.jpg

==============//

As for OG and the ladies, I have a long, long history of bagging dimes. I'm so nice with the ladies that, when I go out to strip clubs, I often get strippers to fall in love with me. I call them off stage for a sec, and, next thing you know, I'm chilling with a stripper, having drinks, getting free "attention," without having to pay anything. At the school I taught at, last year, I had to fight off students' moms, female students, and the female staff. I mean, the female staff even had a male stripper nickname for me, which I won't reveal, because it's embarassing, and wanted me to do a little show for them. I don't have a metrocard physique, but I get the job done.

If you don’t have the physique that Metrocard has what makes you think you have the physique that I have? How out of shape are you? Get serious go to a gym, they got some nice subscriptions at bally’s. Overweight douche.

I usually don't, because most of those girls aren't there to meet guys. And, by the way, especially if you go to a classy place, there's nothing wrong with hooking up with a stripper. Actually, it's impressive, when you can.

Your a funny piss poor excuse for a human being thinking it's impressive to be able to get with a low-self esteem and or uneducated woman who has no respect for her physical being and probably has been given more diseases then a lab rodent.

stripperso0.jpg

==============//

The verdict:
-
Instigating and posting in hopes to successfully create controversy.

-Most of your post's are Looong winded and you try hardbody to sound overly intellectual but it's just an inflated post of jibberish which turns out boring and rediculous most of the time.

-Based on your posts you sound insecure, fat and fugly looking. (Would not surprise me)

-Portraying the face of a womanizer and being proud of it makes you sound like a very average unoriginal corny dope.

-You turn cowardly at the site of reality and emphasis an UNRealistic Utopian society.

-Calling Jamal Crawford one of the greatest shooting guards in Knicks history and NOT joking about it but taking it to a very serious level absolutely rapes your insight, good job owning yourself.

Congradulations on.......

truckoffailyw9.jpg

For all these failures, your lonely, old, womanizing, overly obese, cowardly deceitful self get's rewarded with:

epicfailashxit6.gif

Last edited:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
:asshole:Akamu, you must be obsessed with me, you staten island slut. You spent your whole morning, eating chocolate chip cookies and collecting all my posts, and your arguments don't even make sense.

Like I've always said about you, you ****ing transexual, you're only good for one thing, and that's making banners for all comers, so that they kiss your mentally deficient butt. Me, I don't need a hoe like you for anything, you ****ing delusional, schizophrenic, jackass. If I ever want to laugh, though, I'll read your shitty posts, about Mexicans, aliens and new world orders.

You have no respect, none, from anyone whose respect matters. People think you're a ****ing moron, with no knowledge. I don't even need to defend anything I've posted, because your post doesn't even make sense, ho. Now go eat your cookies and wash it down with your father's dick juice.

mitchell_and_finished_cookies_3.jpg

Last edited:

Akamu

The King
:asshole:Akamu, you must be obsessed with me, you staten island slut. You spent your whole morning, eating chocolate chip cookies and collecting all my posts, and your arguments don't even make sense.

Like I've always said about you, you ****ing transexual, you're only good for one thing, and that's making banners for all comers, so that they kiss your mentally deficient butt. Me, I don't need a hoe like you for anything, you ****ing delusional, schizophrenic, jackass. If I ever want to laugh, though, I'll read your shitty posts, about Mexicans, aliens and new world orders.

You have no respect, none, from anyone whose respect matters. People think you're a ****ing moron, with no knowledge. I don't even need to defend anything I've posted, because your post doesn't even make sense, ho. Now go eat your cookies and wash it down with your father's dick juice.

mitchell_and_finished_cookies_3.jpg

maddezg6.jpg

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
No Contest

Took me 2 minutes to destroy these dirty hunt's point hoes, while they spent their whole day reading my posts and trying to come up with an argument.

85014-004-AC0B54B3.jpg

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Akamu thats some of the best ether I seen dropped on here in a minute....great work, i gotta move you into the top 5 on my list now :thup:

OGknicksfag should just give up and join a new site

tiger0330

Legend
i think d'antoni lied about him refusing to play...marbury said it wasn't his choice to say who plays and who doesn't
Here is Marbury's version, sounds like the truth to me he didn't say no but he didn't say yes. The Knicks don't have a leg to stand on if they try to fine or suspend him because D'ants didn't order him into the game. Have to cut Marbury some slack on this one but the Knicks really need to set him free this week.

November 23, 2008
Marbury rebuttal

By MARC BERMAN

I wrote in the Sunday Post about Stephon Marbury's version of events Friday. The one thing that struck me was D'Antoni, after the second trade reduced the roster to seven guys, did not ask Marbury again if he wanted to play. Not only should he have asked him again after the second trade, he should have ordered it. Both parties are wrong because their egos and stubbornness are legendary. (Yes, D'Antoni's too.)

Here's some snippets of the story.

Marbury said Friday morning's conversation with D'Antoni didn't last long enough for him to refuse to play.

According to Marbury, D'Antoni told him in the mid-afternoon he had 20-to-25 minutes for him in the wake of the Jamal Crawford trade. The conversation took place before the second trade that left the team with just seven able bodies.

"He said I have 20, 25 minutes for you if you want to play,'' Marbury said in an interview yesterday morning. "I said, you've told me you're going in another direction and I'm not in the plans. I never refused to play.''

At that point, D'Antoni didn't bother to press the issue, according to Marbury. "He had a smile on and just said, "I totally understand it, I get you,'' Marbury said.

Marbury said he didn't think D'Antoni was upset and was shocked to read D'Antoni's rough comments in the newspaper yesterday.

Later Friday, D'Antoni called Marbury in his hotel room in Milwaukee to tell him he had to dress by league rules because they were making another trade, sending Mardy Collins and Zach Randolph to the Clippers. That left the club with just seven players. According to Marbury, at no point did D'Antoni then ask him if he wanted him to play because of their manpower shortage.

"I just said, OK coach, I'll dress,'' Marbury said.

Marbury said he taped his ankles in anticipation of being called upon, especially if players were in foul trouble. "Refusing to play is when the coach tries to put you in the game and you say you're not going in,'' Marbury said. "If he asked me to go into the game, I was going into the game. That's why I taped my ankles.''

Marbury admitted he wasn't enthused about playing Friday night because he hadn't scrimmaged in two-and-half weeks before Thursday's scrimmage. Marbury thought a 25-minute stint might be too much too soon and felt he needed at least one practice.

richtree

Rotation player
AS you can see ...weekends I don't visit the board often....
but as I am back at work I have to write something on this subject...

I have always given Steph the benefit of the doubt and he has been one of my favorite players since 1995 ......

but, I can't agree with him here....if he has given minutes , He should have played....

If you worked so hard and want to play that bad., you should be foaming at he mouth to get into the game....

and its a chance to shine and maybe get you out of sitting on ur ass everyday....

you don't turn down minutes ....you can't put yourself above the game...

to be honest, if he loved the knicks, cared about the fans.....and wanted to help., he could have played....

I think his anger got in the way.....you can't play that way....

juss play ball....juss play