away.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksIndiana Pacers
OG Anunoby - Hamstring (OUT)Tyrese Haliburton - Back spasms (QUEST)
Mitchell Robinson - Stress injury on left ankle (OUT)Aaron Nesmith - Sore right shoulder (QUEST)
Bojan Bogdanovic - Left foot and wrist surgery (OUT)Bennedict Mathurin - Right shoulder surgery (OUT)
Julius Randle - Right shoulder surgery (OUT)-
Duane Washington Jr. - Knee (OUT)-
Charlie Brown - Concussion (OUT)-

Game Preview

The Indiana Pacers aim to hold serve at home and even their Eastern Conference semifinal series against the New York Knicks at two wins apiece when the teams play Game 4 in Indianapolis on Sunday.

The second-seeded Knicks outlasted the Pacers during the first two contests in New York before Indiana responded with a 111-106 victory in Game 3 at home on Friday. The sixth-seeded Pacers have won their last nine games at home dating back to the regular season.

"Whatever happens, you've got to wipe it clean," Indiana coach Rick Carlisle said. "The next game is a completely new palate. You've just got to get ready to compete when that time comes."

That time comes on Sunday afternoon, however there's still plenty of smoke following Friday's fireworks.

While Pacers star Tyrese Haliburton and Knicks guard Donte DiVincenzo scored 35 points apiece for their respective teams, it was Andrew Nembhard who made his presence felt at the end. The second-year guard rebounded after missing his first six shots by making his final two, including a tiebreaking 3-pointer during the latter stages of the fourth quarter.

"When I got the ball, I didn't realize what the time was (on the shot clock)," Nembhard said. "(Haliburton) said something and there was like two seconds on the clock, so I knew I just had to get something off. I just tried to create a little bit of space and put it up."

Nembhard sank just 1 of 7 shots before he made the most of a broken play and connected on his late-game heave to send the crowd into a frenzy.

"I put Drew in kind of a bad situation," Haliburton said. "He made an unbelievable shot. Big, big shot. He really stepped up to the moment when we needed it the most."

After the game, Haliburton admitted to nursing a bevy of injuries -- namely a sore back and a rolled ankle.

The Knicks don't want to hear about another team's injuries -- they have plenty of their own. Star Jalen Brunson appeared a bit slowed but still finished with 26 points on Friday while nursing a right foot injury.

"If I'm in there, if I'm playing, then there are no excuses. If I can walk, I can play," Brunson said.

OG Anunoby sat out Game 3 with a strained hamstring and reportedly is trending toward doing the same in Game 4. New York coach Tom Thibodeau has yet to say as much, however, and he told reporters that Anunoby did travel with the team.

The Knicks already are without All-Star Julius Randle (right shoulder), fellow forward Bojan Bogdanovic (left foot) and center Mitchell Robinson (left ankle) for the remainder of the postseason.

Thibodeau also kept it close to the vest when asked about the officiating during the latter stages of Game 3 on Friday, perhaps mindful that Carlisle was fined $35,000 by the NBA for his comments after Game 2.

"From my vantage point, those calls could've gone our way," he said. "But I'm not going to comment until I look at the film. We just have to find a way to win. That's the bottom line."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
1st quarter hasn’t ended and the game is already turning into a blowout. Down 34-13

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Pacers bench has 17 pts. Knicks have 14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mafra

Legend
Knicks starters ice cold. Bench missed both FT, missed a dunk, missed a layup…. 19-3 bench scoring edge for Indy.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Haliburton makes it a 30pts game with a three pointer before halftime. Burks cuts it to 28 with last two free throws

69-41

Burks 11 points 3-5 from the field
Brunson 10 pts. He-s 4-11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for Game Thread ....
What Happen ???
Half Time .. Knicks 41 - Pacers 69
What happen to my Knicks .. we are 2-14 on the 3-ball line

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! The Bench Players ....
Burks making it to the FT line for 11 pts in 13 min
Obi Toppin got 10 pts in 10 min
McConnel got 10 pts in 12 min

The Nova Trio excessive minutes caught up with them today.
The Pacers are holding a 35 pt lead in the 3rd quarter.
No more afternoon games for the Nova trio
4 min left in 3rd qtr. .. Knicks 55 - Pacers 92

mafra

Legend
Knicks are 2-20 from downtown. They are down 37 points. Why are the starters still in the game? Geez Thibbs. Want somebody else to get hurt.

What purpose does it serve them getting more minutes in a blowout?

2:30 left in the 3Q and Brunson, DDV, Hart still running around. They’re clearly exhausted. Get them out of the game and concede. Gonna be hard enough winning game 5 without OG.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did some say Mother Day Massacre .....
End of 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 63 - Pacers 101

We left our DEFENSE in NY !!!

mafra

Legend
This is what we expected in PHI series after MRob went down. Knicks are 26-5 with OG. His loss is obviously huge. Still, Knicks nearly won Game 3. They lost that game with 16 point 4Q. They lost today with 14 point 1Q. Will be hard to win 2/3 without OG and a banged up JB.

We shall see what this team has left in the tank. Still, worst thing is they lose 4 straight and get to game 6 in second round… just like last year.

Re-sign OG and IH. Think about what you are going to do with MRob and Randle and what upgrades can be made. Worry about that another day.

Knicks are down their entire starting front court and missing their 6th man. JB is banged up…. Still, series is tied 2-2 and a Knicks have home court. Indy gonna be cocky… lets punch them in the mouths and take game 5.

Kiyaman

Legend
TIED Series at 2-2
When did they say OG will be back?

The Pacers gave 12 of their players double-digits of playing time getting 57 bench points, and our rotation couldn't score 90 pts in 4 quarters. I think we depend to much on Brunson to do all our scoring.
We had a real Bad & Terrible postseason game on Mother's Day.
Maybe because 3 of our players received more playing time today in a game than what they received all season. I wonder why we didn't give Toppin any playing time ???