Game Thread: Nets@Knicks: 4/1/2015

tiger0330

Legend
Every game is another chance for the team to make history. The other day the first 60 loss season, today a loss would give the boys a chance to tie the record for fewest wins in a season at 21 by losing tonight and then winning the remaining 7 games on the schedule. It's a pretty good bet that they're not going on a 8 game winning streak to finish with a 22-60 record so odds are the Knicks win 2 or 3 games to finish with 16-17 wins and the worst record since the club was started in 1946.

The Nets on the other hand are playing for something and hold a slim 1/2 game lead over the Celts for the final playoff spot in the EC. I would say they are motivated not to take the boys lightly and secure what seems like a gimme on their schedule.

The Knicks for their part have been making noise about coming into the game with nothing to lose and playing the part of spoilers in the playoff picture. Sounds like bold talk not backed up by reality on the part of the Knicks, they must be getting motivational talks from the Zen Master that echo his recent proclamation that the plan is in place to rebuild the team to be able to compete at the "Highest Level".

Broadway

All Star
Tig I see the game as meaningless from a fan perspective but good job leading into the stakes at hand. My question would be how do New Yorkers feel? I mean isn't good for the league for a team from New York to make the post season? Or Does it only matter if it's the Knicks who are representing New York?

Yeah and I agree another head-scratcher team feeling "motivated" (Cleanthony being a sound horn) to ruin Nets chance to make the playoffs and then get right back on track to Tank. Wish the team played Brooklyn all 70gms prior to for their inner desire to compete.

tiger0330

Legend
Ledo looks better than Early at this stage in his career. Early isn't an NBA player at this point and I don't think the Knicks are going to have the patience to make him one.

I have no love for either the Nets or Boston. No self-respecting Knicks fan should. But, given the choice between the two, I'd rather see the Nets in the playoffs. Watching the Boston fans get playoff basketball, even if it is a likely sweep, pains me more for some reason.

tiger0330

Legend
Just when I said Early is not an NBA player he blocks a couple of shots and scores a couple of buckets. He really needs to put in the work though and find some consistency.

Nothing would make me happier between now and the end of the season than hearing that Early is developing into a piece worth having. Can't believe I will have missed watching 4 weeks worth of games due to being in DC. Longest stretch of Knicks games I will have missed watching since I was 4.

Broadway

All Star
Just when I said Early is not an NBA player he blocks a couple of shots and scores a couple of buckets. He really needs to put in the work though and find some consistency.

Agreed and now he quickly reverted back to befuddled and clumsy.

It's funny, people can talk about other forums, but we have all we need right here. Tiger the optimist, Broadway the realist, and me, the guy who just wants to be able to watch some good basketball.

tiger0330

Legend
Nice play out of the timeout by Hollins drawing up that easy bucket from Williams to Lopez. They were really playing sloppy letting the Knicks back in.

Broadway

All Star
It's funny, people can talk about other forums, but we have all we need right here. Tiger the optimist, Broadway the realist, and me, the guy who just wants to be able to watch some good basketball.

This game has been relatively entertaining. Phil is really gonna have to not get fooled by the second half season stretch. Not sure if he should keep any of these guys not under contract. Wouldn't mind if he could flip guys(for picks) but contract options won't allow for it.

tiger0330

Legend
Last second tip in by Lopez and Early misses the last shot. Props to Cleanthony for trying to back up his let's mess up the Nets though. The Nets keep the 8 seed despite trying to give away the game.

Broadway

All Star
This loss was exquisite. The kind of loss you like to see considering the circumstances. Our young players did well unfortunately we needed to see this a couple months ago.

tiger0330

Legend
Nothing would make me happier between now and the end of the season than hearing that Early is developing into a piece worth having. Can't believe I will have missed watching 4 weeks worth of games due to being in DC. Longest stretch of Knicks games I will have missed watching since I was 4.
Maybe the light goes on for the young man after this game. He played well despite that turnover and missing the buzzer beater in the final minutes. They really are only playing to develop guys like Early for next year.