Game Thread: New York Knicks at Washington Wizards - 4/8/22

Fans going to complain because this game will likely cost us draft position, but Knicks lead by 17 in 2nd half led by 24 points in 23 minutes from Toppin.

Will we see another 2nd half collapse?

mafra

Legend
Is WAS playing any of their guys?

Beal, KCP, Kuzma, KP all sitting.

I don?t mind winning bc Obi goes off. I do mind winning when we play AB, Evan, & Gibson.

Knicks gain nothing winning a game playing those 3 vets at this point. If they end up drafting in the 11-14 range? they might rue this decision. Top 10 is where you want to be this year. Falloff comes after 10.

Was and NYK enter game with same record. 2 games remain. There is absolutely no justification for playing AB, Gibson, Evan last 2 games.

If you win with kids? great. No issues. Winning a meaningless game just to make record look better isn?t priority one.

Nice games so far for Toppin who has 28 points in the 4th quarter and Quickley who has 17 points and 8 assists, but yeah, Washington is bad to begin with and also not playing a bunch of guys.

mafra

Legend
Obi was 5-6 last I checked from downtown? he needs to work on that to become something?.

mafra

Legend
RJ out Sunday

14 points in 15 minutes and officially ends year 3 as a 20.01 scorer ppg!

Some reasons for optimism but this team may need to commit to being a lottery team again next year if it wants to keep developing some of these younger players. The carousel of vets taking heavy playing time may need to end

Kiyaman

Legend
Is WAS playing any of their guys?

Beal, KCP, Kuzma, KP all sitting.

I don?t mind winning bc Obi goes off. I do mind winning when we play AB, Evan, & Gibson.

Knicks gain nothing winning a game playing those 3 vets at this point. If they end up drafting in the 11-14 range? they might rue this decision. Top 10 is where you want to be this year. Falloff comes after 10.

Was and NYK enter game with same record. 2 games remain. There is absolutely no justification for playing AB, Gibson, Evan last 2 games.

If you win with kids? great. No issues. Winning a meaningless game just to make record look better isn?t priority one.

I agree 98% ....
Taj Gibson complimentary talent on the Knicks has been mentoring the Yoots in a lineup.
The Knicks regular season ended the final 10 games of the season ..
All the Knicks players on the roster who received little to no playing time throughout the 72 game season (The Knicks Yoots), belong in the Knicks final 10 game rotation.

The Knicks STARTER lineup are all in question of being keepers for next season.
A Knicks 5 player lineup that never complimented or co-existed each other performance on offense/defense throughout 70 games.
How would you Grade each player in the Knicks starter lineup? Good/Bad/or Trade?

MitchRob? Four yr extension starting at $13M.
Kemba? Trade or buy-out.
Burks? Throw in trade.
Fournier? Trade asap! A lot of teams are gullible for a veteran 3 pt shooter.
Randle? Trade asap! His value will lower each month of off-season.
RJ Barrett? Trade, if u cant trade Fournier.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks winning Trio lineup of Jericho Sims, Obi Toppin, and Quickley, did not need the foolish decision-making of Randle & Barrett on the court tonight to win.
Toppin had a career game high 35 pts on 14-22 FG shooting.
Quickley had a double-double 23 pt, 10 ast, 6 rbs, and 2 steal performance.
And Sims paint dominance and hustle help the Knicks beat the Wizards by 22 pts.
114-92 Knicks WIN !!!

Last edited: