Anthony Randolph-19 pts 10 boards

Toons

is the Bo$$
It amazes that we end up as the 6th seed in the East but again there are smarter people then Walsh and Dantonio....

Brewer.....why do we need him ?

AR........he is getting these numbers in which almost every game has been a loss. Remember nobody gets up to play Minny...

be happy with what we have

why is saying 6th seed IN THE EAST helping your argument?
if we were 6th in the west, then it would mean somehting.

brewer is top 10, maybe even 5 in the nba in steals, i cant remember, and he came off the bench.
Is it not possible for walsh and dantoni to make a bad move?
we have many playoff threads, we are all happy to be in the playoffs, so why bring it up in other threads?

Toons

is the Bo$$
The fact that AR can't pull more than half a game on one of the worst teams in the league to me is fairly telling.

Look, in the NBA, you let a guy take a ton of shots ( 9 or more in each of the last 4 games...14 or more in 3 of 4) the shots are eventually going to drop. It's the NBA - guys take a lot of shots they will eventually get their points - fact is, yes AR has put up impressive numbers, but he was never going to take 9 shots in any game on this Knicks team (not to mention 14 or 20). The #s Love put up are some of the best in NBA history (30/30 is impressive in this league, regardless).

The team is losing games. On a loser, AR can put up big numbers. On a rebuilder with not a ton of talent, yes AR sees the ball and sees minutes. Unfortunately we are neither of those things.

Brewer, on the other hand, should have played because his skills are important to a team that is winning.

KBlack, you think jefferies is a better player than randolph? or that he can add more to the knicks than randolph can? do you think that derrick brown benifits us more than corey brewer could? come on man, no one is bashing here, its just that in hindsight, the fans were right.

Look at his stats in GSW. 11 pts 5 rebs 1.6 blocks 1.4 turnovers per playing 22 mins off the bench

In new york, he had 2 pts and 1 reb in 7 mins per game

In Minny - 11 pts 5 rebs almost a steal and a block per game in 19 mins per.

how can you argue that man?

Toons

is the Bo$$
funny thing is, everyone bashes him for his turnovers, but AR has never averaged at least 2 turnover per in his career. mostly around 1.7

TakMan

Rotation player
KBlack, you think jefferies is a better player than randolph? or that he can add more to the knicks than randolph can? do you think that derrick brown benifits us more than corey brewer could? come on man, no one is bashing here, its just that in hindsight, the fans were right.

Look at his stats in GSW. 11 pts 5 rebs 1.6 blocks 1.4 turnovers per playing 22 mins off the bench

In new york, he had 2 pts and 1 reb in 7 mins per game

In Minny - 11 pts 5 rebs almost a steal and a block per game in 19 mins per.

how can you argue that man?

His New York stats aren't impressive. Remember he was mainly played during the team's extremely slow start to the season. Ultimately the team found a balance with a different lineup. Developing Randolph may have cost the Knicks a playoff spot this year. I don't think anyone wanted him to go (including D'Antoni). As for Jeffries; yes he is a better and more versatile defender than Randolph. Randolph will no doubt become the better all round player but you can't deny that the team's defence has significantly improved since acquiring players like Jeffries and Carter. I'll take everyone bashing Jeffries any day as long as he continues to defend the way he currently is. Brewer has been no more than a fringe player at the Mavericks. I thought he deserved a chance but I'd say Brown is posting better figures for the Knicks than Brewer is at the Mavs (got to check that out though)

Toons

is the Bo$$
point taken, i still feel that randolph and brewer are leaps and bounds better than brown and jefferies....

TakMan

Rotation player
point taken, i still feel that randolph and brewer are leaps and bounds better than brown and jefferies....

I started Randolph in NBA 2K11. When the Knicks acquired Brewer he was getting about 20 minutes in my rotation. I really believed in these players; especially Randolph. I reckon he becomes a quality PF. It's all about chemistry and timing. None of the two were right for Randolph in NY i'm afraid. I still want to see more of Derrick Brown in the next couple of games. I think he's slowly starting to fit in nicely.