Stromile Swift is still available!

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
My worry about targeting Swift over Damp is that in April and May we will all be saying "if we only had a center..." I don't think you can pass up a shot at a quality big man...Swift might have more upside...but Damp fills a void that we must take care of...

JJtheKnick

Starter
dasilva1079 said:
Good point Imiss#33, I think we should stick around until Dampier is out of the picture then try for someone else.

everybody feels like that. i would rather have dampier than swift. and we should only focus on dampier untill we get him or he signs with another team. then look at whatever you want.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
You've all made excellent points but remember his totals are like 12 points on a bad team for a "dominant center". Ben Wallace isn't actually a center. It takes more of a team defensive style to beat teams in the East. We've seen how much K-Mart caused teams in the east problems for the last few years. We will definately get by the east without a marquee center (Dampier is marquee?) We need a good center group by committee (Baker, Mohammad and a third option to slow down shaq and a PF to offset Jermaine O'Neal. I'm not saying don't pursue Dampier but pursue Stromile Swift first. He is more likely to be star for years to come. A nucleus of young players such as Marbury, Tim Thomas, Crawford and Swift gives you stability at 4 positions for the next 3 years at least.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Problem there is that Baker is a crap shoot...he may be out of the league by December...Nazr was so overmatched in the playoffs that we had to go to Mutombo...I agree that you need depth in the frontcourt; but, we have to have a big (Damp) body to compete for more than a first round win

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The Knicks never take time to develop talent. Why even go to the draft if we've got the Yankee like mentallity to buy the best talent. And when we've over paid..we're mad at the players for not being what we paid for. Blame Layden and the other GM's that paid Shandon Anderson 7+ Million to sit on the bench. If we stay put let guys devlop then in '07 we can really take a run at things. I don't want a competitive team, I want a winner!

JJtheKnick

Starter
the new rookie they got is truning out to be great. so who cares if the guy needs a year or two to become the player he is going to be. the knicks are still ganna play and when its all siad and done the knicks will have a young superstar.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
I agree with JJ....I think the Knicks may have gotten a hell of a steal in the 2nd round...I also think that they are starting to have a nice blend of new and old players.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I agree. And if he gets Stromile we may have a Dynasty in the making. He'll give us that dominant center. If Swift comes here I wouldn't mind trading for Wally World.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
7-2 290lbs, free agent center Jake Tsakalidis', offer has just been macthed by the Grizzilies. And here are the power forwards under contract:

Brian Cardinal,
Ryan Humphrey,
Sergei Lishouk,
Bo Outlaw,
Stromile Swift

And here are the centers under contract:

Jake Tsakalidis,
Pau Gasol,
Lorenzen Wright

This all means now is the time to acquire Swift!

newmove

Rotation player
Whom and how much could we offer for him? It seems to me Kurt ain't an option for Mem cuz they're already packed with big men.

I'm thinking of three teams deal:

Shareef and Anderson from Portland, Kurt, Moochie and Shandon from us and Stro show from Mem. So Derek, Shandon/Moochie would end up in Mem, we'd aquire Stromile/Shareef and Portland could get Stro/Reef (depending on whom do we get) and Moochie/Shandon (depending on whom we'll send to Mem).

That would be a great deal for all three teams.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
No GM that like working would ever make that trade. Yeah, it would be nice to get someone as athletic as Swift. But to get a dog contract like Anderson? Our best chance was to take Eddie Robinson from the Bulls and have that contract expired next year. The only chance we have for Swift would be to trade KT or TT. But with salary difference, even that a longshot.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
newmove said:
Whom and how much could we offer for him? It seems to me Kurt ain't an option for Mem cuz they're already packed with big men.

I'm thinking of three teams deal:

Shareef and Anderson from Portland, Kurt, Moochie and Shandon from us and Stro show from Mem. So Derek, Shandon/Moochie would end up in Mem, we'd aquire Stromile/Shareef and Portland could get Stro/Reef (depending on whom do we get) and Moochie/Shandon (depending on whom we'll send to Mem).

That would be a great deal for all three teams.
Memphis won't be taking in any more guards, they have more guards than they do big men.

newmove

Rotation player
Well, at least I've tried.

We could also involve KT and AH in the deal. But Allan is old, injuried and has a bad contract. TT? maybe, but we have to be sure we get some very good big guy instead.

AND Portland does not need an unhappy PF with a heavy contact so 'Reef is a possibility.