After seeing this new team live, it is incredibly obvious ... WE need A new Coach.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
YOU ALREADY HAD JVG and he couldn't deliver the crown!!!!

More faith in him than MDA. He got closer. Add Melo to his team, never know. i think you are in a lot better position than having MDA. Jeff cares about defense, knows how to sub in and out better, and also knows a thing about offense as well. He communicates with his players. He is infinitely better than MDA in my opinion.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
More faith in him than MDA. He got closer. Add Melo to his team, never know. i think you are in a lot better position than having MDA.

Uh, he had Yo Ming and McGrady BEFORE the injuries and couldn't do anything so why would it be any different with an undersized gutted roster?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
More faith in him than MDA. He got closer. Add Melo to his team, never know. i think you are in a lot better position than having MDA. Jeff cares about defense, knows how to sub in and out better, and also knows a thing about offense as well. He communicates with his players. He is infinitely better than MDA in my opinion.

With all these superior skills how come he didn't win anything with the rosters he had?? He had some DAMN GOOD rosters!!

With all these superior skills how come he didn't win anything with the rosters he had?? He had some DAMN GOOD rosters!!
JVG led a Yao Ming-less Rockets to the playoffs when everybody thought they were ******, and calm down his roster wasn't that good, MDA had a DAMN GOOD roster but he didn't even get to the WCF, if he couldn't even get to the WCF in Phoenix what make you think we can win a championship with him as our head coach now? If you truly believe we can win a championship with MDA as our coach then your smoking :smokin:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I seriously think Laimbeer is going to become one of the best coaches in the league if a team gives him a shot.

How can you say that about someone with NO NBA coaching experience?? You have no idea how he will do there is nothing that you can build that opinion on... What makes you think that?? What has he done that has him deemed the future greatest coach ever????

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
JVG led a Yao Ming-less Rockets to the playoffs when everybody thought they were ******, and calm down his roster wasn't that good, MDA had a DAMN GOOD roster but he didn't even get to the WCF, if he couldn't even get to the WCF in Phoenix what make you think we can win a championship with him as our head coach now? If you truly believe we can win a championship with MDA as our coach then your smoking :smokin:

He has some damn good roster in NY and couldn't win either. I know MDA's record, my point is he has just as good of a chance as any coach in the league. In fact, if you brought in a defensive minded guy like Popovich, he probably would do worse than D'Antoni because his philosophy doesn't translate well with guys like STAT or MELO although Melo might be able to adapt a little easier that STAT.

How can you say that about someone with NO NBA coaching experience?? You have no idea how he will do there is nothing that you can build that opinion on... What makes you think that?? What has he done that has him deemed the future greatest coach ever????
Well lets see he led the Detroit Shocks to 3 championships, he won 2 championships with the Pistons and was a 4x all star and has experience in the finals, he is known for being one of the most hard nosed defenders and physical players in the NBA and I think he would demand his players be really physical with a lot of emphasis in defense.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

Also, I disagree, he had 2 super stars and some very good pieces to work with. Rafer Alston, Shane Battier, Bonzi Wells, Mutumbo who was blowing everyone's minds with his play at his age... So don't play it off like he had a mediocre team just to inflate his value.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Well lets see he led the Detroit Shocks to 3 championships, he won 2 championships with the Pistons and was a 4x all star and has experience in the finals, he is known for being one of the most hard nosed defenders and physical players in the NBA and I think he would demand his players be really physical with a lot of emphasis in defense.

So you are basing your opinion on his record with coaching women and how he was as a player????? Wow, hope you don't pick stocks!!!!

iSaYughh

Starter
So you are basing your opinion on his record with coaching women and how he was as a player????? Wow, hope you don't pick stocks!!!!

Haha...coaching a WNBA team as the centerpiece of your coaching resume is a pretty big beat and neg. Damn, just when we got some respectability back to the garden and are rising.

We can get pre-natal masseuses in the locker room next. :rofl:

The stuff about him as a good player and a defensive player doesn't really fly. Coach D'antoni was actually known for his defensive skill and desire as a player. So....

^
smh.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
If we change coaches, we need a stud. Proven.

At least having coached college (men's...haha sorry couldn't resist) basketball. Or a longtime, accredited, key assistant for NBA teams.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
If we change coaches, we need a stud. Proven.

At least having coached college (men's...haha sorry couldn't resist) basketball. Or a longtime, accredited, key assistant for NBA teams.

Ron Adams has my vote, but he just left OKC to join his pal Tom Thibbs in Chi-town. I don't know if he'd be willing to make another move in 2 calendar years...but all an NBA fan would have to do was look at the Thunder's improved defense over the previous 2 years, and look at how they play defense now...then also take a peak at who left the coaching staff, where he went, and how that defense is playing.

He could be a poor man's Thibodeau.

Ron Adams has my vote, but he just left OKC to join his pal Tom Thibbs in Chi-town. I don't know if he'd be willing to make another move in 2 calendar years...but all an NBA fan would have to do was look at the Thunder's improved defense over the previous 2 years, and look at how they play defense now...then also take a peak at who left the coaching staff, where he went, and how that defense is playing.

Where ever Ron Adams goes the teams defense improves tremendously idk how he does it, i really wish we had him.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

:thumbsup:
If you are going to replace D'Antoni I think you need a HEAD coach with a proven record. I'm all for Ron Adams if we are going into a rebuilding mode.... In a big city like NY, you need a big city guy like a Phil Jackson. Someone who demands the respect of the super stars, media and owners. Although, if I was to take a chance on a assistant it would be Adams! Good call!

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Didn't he have Camby instead???? Don't make it sound like he had Jarred Jeffries at the 5!!! Also had Larry Johnson, Sprewell and Houston

Dude... No Ewing. Took them to the Finals... MDA had Nash and Amar'e, a great supporting cast and couldn't make it into the finals. MDA should have a false idol that looks like Jeff Van Gundy.