Thats an Anti-Antoni team

Defense = Bad

We need offense only

Defense? We off that :smokin:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
PG: Steve Nash
SG: Jamal Crawford
SF: Gallo (Gallo isn't a BAD defender, he's about average but he gets on the team due to the whole Godson thing)
PF: David Lee
C: Andrea Bargnani

Defense? Pfft. More 3's!

C: DeAndre Jordan (an athletic big man who can run the floor out of the Center position).

PF: Amare Stoudemire

SF: Carmelo Anthony

SG: Joe Johnson

PG: Rickey Rubio

Now that an MDA type of starting 5.

If this were the NFL this would be MDA's basketball team. I'll bite & enjoy the fun.

C- Dewayne Robertson (4-3DT / 3-4NT)
PF- Vernon Gholston (Nothing)
SF- Abram Elam (S)
SG- Justin Miller (CB)
PG- Brett Favre (QB) Ever seen #4 "try" & tackle after INT's?

My vote goes to Bargnani. He's basically a 7 foot shooting guard. No inside presence whatsoever. No defense, no rebounding, no shot blocking, no hustle and no leadership. What a bust. Toronto could have had Aldridge or Roy.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Not sure I agree that Dwight fits SSOL. He's more of a dump it down to the big fella type player, not really someone that gets most of his points off the PnR or shoots perimeter J's, which are the 2 key components of an MDA style of offense. I agree with your other choices though. Don't forget to find some playing time for Jared Jeffries too. :smokin:

He can run the floor and finish so I chose him. He is also developing a decent short range jumper.

C: Ewing
PF: Amare
SF: Melo
SG: Starks
PG: Marc Jackson

That defense would be greatly improved with Ewing, Starks & Jackson. Under MDA? That offense would be next to impossible to contain let alone stop. If that defense isn't enough... Then our bench comes in & forms a great defense & yes... Under MDA.

C: Herb Williams
PF: Oakley
PF: Mason
PF: LJ
SF: Sprewell
SG: Houston
SG: Fields
PG: Ward (Defense over Harper).

you fool man, even in a fun thread you gotta poke fun at the man

Derek harper was one of the best defensive pgs to ever play the game

ward was one of the hardest working and toughest players to ever play teh game

but by no means is ward even close to being at the level defensively that Harper was at.

p0nder

Starter
^agreed. Ward was a hard worker, just not nearly as talented as we needed to get over the hump.

Does any player in the league fit into MDA's 5 spot better then Amar'e? I don't think Barni would even get the start because he's not fast enough.

new look at it:

5: Amar'e
4: Bosh
3: Melo
2: Joe Johnson
1: Nash

^I think that team would actually win a chip, regardless of defense.

STAT1

Starter
^agreed. Ward was a hard worker, just not nearly as talented as we needed to get over the hump.

Does any player in the league fit into MDA's 5 spot better then Amar'e? I don't think Barni would even get the start because he's not fast enough.

new look at it:

5: Amar'e
4: Bosh
3: Melo
2: Joe Johnson
1: Nash

^I think that team would actually win a chip, regardless of defense.

A perfect 5 for MDA's system would be Andrea Bargnani or Mehmet Okur, guys that can stretch the defense & give Amare spacing to work off the PnR. Channing Frye would be a poorman's option but still fit that same role. Unfortunately all these guys are as soft as Miracle Whip on bread.

STAT1

Starter
He can run the floor and finish so I chose him. He is also developing a decent short range jumper.

I just think he & STAT would get in each other's way in the paint. MDA's system is all about spacing the floor to get open shots. Having Dwight in there next to Amar'e wouldn't be ideal. I think Melo & Dwight would be a much better pairing to be honest, with a different head coach that would preach a more half court style offense.

KingCharles34

All Star
A perfect 5 for MDA's system would be Andrea Bargnani or Mehmet Okur, guys that can stretch the defense & give Amare spacing to work off the PnR. Channing Frye would be a poorman's option but still fit that same role. Unfortunately all these guys are as soft as Miracle Whip on bread.

Very good point

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I just think he & STAT would get in each other's way in the paint. MDA's system is all about spacing the floor to get open shots. Having Dwight in there next to Amar'e wouldn't be ideal. I think Melo & Dwight would be a much better pairing to be honest, with a different head coach that would preach a more half court style offense.

Amare really doesn't play in the post but rather the midrange. On slashes to the basket having Howard there commanding attention and setting screens could only help Amares game. IMO.

p0nder

Starter
I agree on Dwight being in the low block and amare taking jumpers around the elbow would be perfect spacing for the MDA system... tho having a center that can hit the 3 sounds more like something Dantoni would want. A barni, or maybe even a dirk type of player?

I just feel that the players really make the defensive system work. No matter how good of a system you may have, without good players; the system can't be top 10 without first having the players who can make it top 10. See JJ & Turiaf @ the C position. Not happening. Look @ Jackson's triangle offense. Without MJ & Pippen it's not great. Without Kobe is doesn't really work how it's expected to function.

C: Ewing
PF: KG
SF: Pippen
SG: Starks
PG: Payton (the glove)

That defense ranks #1 under MDA. That defense ranks #1 without a coach

C: Howard
SF: Carmelo
PG: Douglas

That defense ranks top 5 under MDA. Top 10 for sure. You need the players though, & Howard turns any defense into a top 10 D'. Same with KG. Even with an overall top 12 defense, with MDA's offensive system & these players? Championship.

C: Turiaf
SF: Gallo
PG: Felton

I know all about the great teams & defensive players since the early 90's. I know enough to know that we need a C for hope.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
PG: Aaron Brooks/ Rodney Stuckey
SG: Monta Ellis/ Kevin Martin
SF: Kevin Durant/ Peja Stojakovic
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/ Lamarcus Aldridge
C: Andrea Bargnani/ Okur

You will get 200 points out of this team but the other team will get 220 LMAO

Amare really doesn't play in the post but rather the midrange. On slashes to the basket having Howard there commanding attention and setting screens could only help Amares game. IMO.

And this is the problem. Get a new coach and STAT would absolutely BEAST down low.

STAT1

Starter

Right, but STAT plays off the high PnR a lot, that's what this system is based on with other guys on the perimeter trying to create spacing, that's why MDA values shooters so much. If u have Dwight posting up down low there's no lane opened up for STAT to work the PnR game. This is why MDA doesn't favor traditional centers it doesn't fit w/his system. IMO I think Dwight belongs with a scoring wing player or top level G that can create & penetrate off the dribble, not someone like Amar'e, while STAT belongs with an elite PG who can shoot from the outside to form that devastating PnR tandem.