Walsh to persue Dalembert this offseason

Your argument is we should sign a center who is not better than Jeff Foster to be our starting center?

I might go hang myself...

Camby this year made 11.7 million, by the way, according to ESPN's trade machine.

My argument is we should only pay Dalembert 5-6 million
anything is over-paying because he is only defensive minded
(slightly better than Turiaf) then we should sign Mohammed/Foster
then we will have some legit big Men.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think Dalembert commands more than the MLE in free agency though...

Dalembert should command more than the MLE from (certain) teams like Sac,
GS, Houston, Detroit, and Indiana. But.......certain teams like the Knicks,
Miami, and Atlanta who will be looking for a center this summer,
Dalembert cant (even) command the entire MLE, b/c of the talent
already on the roster

Kiyaman

Legend
My argument is we should only pay Dalembert 5-6 million
anything is over-paying because he is only defensive minded
(slightly better than Turiaf) then we should sign Mohammed/Foster
then we will have some legit big Men.

In Dalembert career in the NBA, he has walked all over the Knicks in every game.
Having Dalembert as our starter, Turiaf as backup, and Jerome Jordan getting
spot minutes in every other game.....the Knicks would be on the road of success
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

In Dalembert career in the NBA, he has walked all over the Knicks in every game.
Having Dalembert as our starter, Turiaf as backup, and Jerome Jordan getting
spot minutes in every other game.....the Knicks would be on the road of success
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I thought they said Jerome Jordan did well in Europe and
might sign with them because of a looming Lockout.

STAT1

Starter
Dalembert is dumber than Jared Jefferies offensively and that's really saying something. There is a reason why the 76ers got rid of him and went on the playoff run do you want this guy to do this to us in the closing minutes while Melo is hoisting a game winner..... I THINK NOT DONNIE LOOK ELSE WHERE PLEASE!

You don't think the Knicks need a guy to put up 3 blocks & 19 rebounds?

The main reason why I don't want him is because of his age. Stat and Melo both wore ice packs on their knees because of the way our team plays ball. We run, run ,run. We are going to need fresh legs to keep up. I don't trust Dalem's endurance or his legs (at his age) in this system. If we change coach's then he might be worth the risk.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't mind getting Samuel Dalembert, as long as he doesn't ask for too much money. Given the fact that centers are rare, a 3 year $15 million dollar contract seems fair. If he wants more than that, I say wait until the 2012 free agency.

This is why the Knicks should have drafted a center when they had a chance in 2008. Centers are so rare that even mediocore centers are getting 5-8 million dollars a year.

If the Knicks get Dwight Howard, they're going to have to give him 20 million dollars a year. No if, ands, or buts. Howard's the best center in the league, but with Stoudemire already on the team, that won't give the Knicks enough capspace to sign a point guard once Billups is done.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we change coaches then Dalembert would be a good player. Carmelo is far more of a half-court player anyway. 30 is pretty old, though, that's true - especially in D'Antoni's system.

Hell I bet D'Antoni wouldn't even play him LOL