Earl baron anyone?????

moneyg

Starter
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217705/Earl_Barron_Waived_By_Blazers

Earl Barron Waived By Blazers

Dec 20, 2011 6:04 PM EST

Barron_Earl_mia_080302.jpg

The Portland Trail Blazers have waived center Earl Barron, it was announced today by Acting General Manager Chad Buchanan.

Barron appeared in two games with Portland in 2010-11, averaging 3.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 18.5 minutes. He signed with the Trail Blazers on April 12, 2011.

he could spell amare at PF and help out at center. i think it worth it.. i think we still need another big man.. we cant totally count on Jerome and Jorts.. and chandler could miss some time with all these back to back games.. we know amare will.

p0nder

Starter
He is effective in short minutes and has proven himself capable of playing in dantonis system. However i think our team is looking for depth more at the 3/4 then at 4/5. I think he'd be a great pick up for us, but i don't think the Knicks Brass will.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Maybe my NBA insight is slipping but I for one am clueless as to why he was not brought back after what he was able to do a couple seasons ago. The guy came in and balled the last month of the year helping out on the boards.

He should be a vet min. player that is added we have nothing in terms of depth at the 4 / 5. Jeff, Chris Hunter, Novak, Balk... We need a big who can bang and shoot the midrange ala Kurt Thomas.

iJoe

Rotation player
Heh... when the guy keeps getting waived from every team, I get skeptical on just how good he is. There has to be a damn good reason why he keeps getting cut, not to mention that he's pretty old.

Remember guys... numbers don't mean everything. Otherwise you'd get guys like Darius Miles and Stromile Swift and Barron isn't even as good as them.