Melo takes shots at Dantoni

KingofNy

Starter
Any one else throw a fit today when we were on an 11-1 run and D'Antoni called a timeout and basically pulled out everyone who was hot? Everytime I think D'Antoni is doing a better job he goes and pulls one of those crappy calls.

I honestly think we're just getting by on talent right now and not coaching. Our guys are still basically playing pick & roll streetball and that doesn't work against good young defenses like the Heat's. Give our Knicks a good coach and we'd play on the same level as the Bulls/Heat. I can never see us doing crap in the finals with MDA as coach. Sad but true.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Exactly... D antoni needs to be more vocal, inspirational and on their asses

You mean Instead of just clapping and repeatedly saying Lets Go Lets Go Lets Go
mike-d-antoni-2010-11-18-2-30-15.jpg

You mean Instead of just clapping and repeatedly saying Lets Go Lets Go Lets Go
mike-d-antoni-2010-11-18-2-30-15.jpg

I'm not sure whether MElo is the kind of guy a coach can get vocal and loud with.

His ego is so big, he'd regard every type of expresive criticism as a personal attack on him I think and that means busted team chemistry, a side-show and probably the end of our title hopes.

Remember the shots he took against George Carl after leaving Denver? I'm sure Carl is not a saint himself, but Melo can be a troublemaker once you get into his face.

I think D'Antoni is doing the right thing for the sake of the team by keeping quiet towards Melo and Stat. The last thing we need is a poisened locker-room atmosphere.

I could be wrong, but judging by everything I've read, heard and seen regarding Melo I think he just isn't the type of guy who reacts very well to criticism, especially expressive criticism by a white coach.