Kidd to Knicks

CoolClyde

Dont skip past this post, read it!

Does everyone remember how solid our offense was with Billups at the point (2nd in the league)? Alot of that was due to his leadership, calling out players and directing Melo, Amare and our shooters around the floor for open shots. While Kidd doesn't bring the same offensive prowess as Billups, he has all the leadership tools and more to smooth out our offensive flow.

Last season was a nightmare schedule for veterans and Dallas ran Kidd into the floor with 36min per night. And HE STILL stepped up his numbers when it mattered, the playoff's. With more rest, and the focus on running the offense and only having to hit the open shot, he will thrive in our lineup and ensures we have a solid defender through the 1-5 positions.

You know what's great about our team this offseason? We aren't relying on one factor to change our season i.e. praying Melo/Amare will mesh, praying Tyson fits it, hoping Fields can go from scrub to borderline all star. This season everyone is chipping in to improve our team:

1. Melo is committed to getting into optimal shape this offseason and has reportedly lost 12 pounds.

2. Amare is working with Olajuwon to improve his low post moves & defense around the post. Others who worked with Olajuwon showed great improvement in these areas. Taking LEGITIMATE steps to balancing our spacing & offense while defeating some of our chemistry issues. Tyson may attend too.

3. There is a photo circulating on here that Tyson has been working with Jerome Jordan & Jorts this offseason helping to improve their game.

4. Kidd has come here stating he doesn't mind which role he is put in and wants to work as a mentor with Lin. Great move by Grunwald to improve our depth at PG and will help our offense & spacing issues.

5. JR Smith has stated he is committed to working on improving his defense & ball handling skills this offseason, whe has he EVER said anything like this.

6. Lin is a lock to return and has been working hard on his shot and other aspects of his game.

Obviously Woodson has been doing the rounds with our players and it is great to see for once that several members of our team are taking proactive steps to improve our team.
:agreed:
GREAT POST SHUMP ST!

CA7

Scoring Champ

Does everyone remember how solid our offense was with Billups at the point (2nd in the league)? Alot of that was due to his leadership, calling out players and directing Melo, Amare and our shooters around the floor for open shots. While Kidd doesn't bring the same offensive prowess as Billups, he has all the leadership tools and more to smooth out our offensive flow.

Last season was a nightmare schedule for veterans and Dallas ran Kidd into the floor with 36min per night. And HE STILL stepped up his numbers when it mattered, the playoff's. With more rest, and the focus on running the offense and only having to hit the open shot, he will thrive in our lineup and ensures we have a solid defender through the 1-5 positions.

You know what's great about our team this offseason? We aren't relying on one factor to change our season i.e. praying Melo/Amare will mesh, praying Tyson fits it, hoping Fields can go from scrub to borderline all star. This season everyone is chipping in to improve our team:

1. Melo is committed to getting into optimal shape this offseason and has reportedly lost 12 pounds.

2. Amare is working with Olajuwon to improve his low post moves & defense around the post. Others who worked with Olajuwon showed great improvement in these areas. Taking LEGITIMATE steps to balancing our spacing & offense while defeating some of our chemistry issues. Tyson may attend too.

3. There is a photo circulating on here that Tyson has been working with Jerome Jordan & Jorts this offseason helping to improve their game.

4. Kidd has come here stating he doesn't mind which role he is put in and wants to work as a mentor with Lin. Great move by Grunwald to improve our depth at PG and will help our offense & spacing issues.

5. JR Smith has stated he is committed to working on improving his defense & ball handling skills this offseason, whe has he EVER said anything like this.

6. Lin is a lock to return and has been working hard on his shot and other aspects of his game.

Obviously Woodson has been doing the rounds with our players and it is great to see for once that several members of our team are taking proactive steps to improve our team.

But the Nets got Joe Johnson and Teletovic

Landry is going to be an 11 and 7 guy again in Toronto

Shumpert may never be the same again so we should move him for a 38 year old point guard

Lets just call it quits and rebuild

do I sound like a Knicks fan.....wait all this is Melo's fault

all jokes aside thats why I wish we never picked up Billups' option, just signed Tyson used Billups' bird rights and re-signed him, still took Novak and JR....likely means no Lin though but still we have Turiaf and our cash exception to make a move at the deadline and who knows what our team would look like

Kidd will provide everything not measured in numbers like Tyson does. Leadership goes a long way

Kiyaman

Legend

I would rather have Lin, Fields, Novak, under Kidds leadership.
The ISO-Melo offense is out the window once Kidd enter the lockerroom.
another recall of when Billups became a Denver Nuggets.
If Kidd have any say-so JR.Smith will not be a Knicks next season .. I got my money on it.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Kidd is powerful and he can have a positive effect but he is very old compared to the much younger billups in Denver.

I think you should start kidd over Lin so that kidd will have to set the tone, then Lin.comes in and plays 34 minutes for you

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Kidd is powerful and he can have a positive effect but he is very old compared to the much younger billups in Denver.

I think you should start kidd over Lin so that kidd will have to set the tone, then Lin.comes in and plays 34 minutes for you

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Idk, Kidd has been very clear that he wants to be a backup from now on since his body cant take over 20 minutes a game anymore, i like the idea but it is kind of pointless if Lin will end up playing 34 min. Lin has to get thrown in the fire immediately since we are in a win now state. We don't have time for development stages with Lin, he has to learn on the fly.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I would rather have Lin, Fields, Novak, under Kidds leadership.
The ISO-Melo offense is out the window once Kidd enter the lockerroom.
another recall of when Billups became a Denver Nuggets.
If Kidd have any say-so JR.Smith will not be a Knicks next season .. I got my money on it.
Can you physically make a post without having a shot at this.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
That is one thing I know Kidd will control though, we cant win with just giving the ball to Melo every time and Kidd knows that.

Kidd wont deal with Melo's **** lmao

tiger0330

Legend
It's an OK signing. Kidd is at an age that his game may disappear overnight, I would have preferred a 1 year deal or a younger PG that could play starter minutes if Lin goes down. I have a feeling Kidd will be worthless in year 2 and 3.

STAT1

Starter
It's an OK signing. Kidd is at an age that his game may disappear overnight, I would have preferred a 1 year deal or a younger PG that could play starter minutes if Lin goes down. I have a feeling Kidd will be worthless in year 2 and 3.

I am thinking he will be here for next year & the year after & will either become trade bait as a low cost expiring contract in year 3 or retire.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I have the same feeling. In year 3 he will not be able to get up from the bench, so that if we ever have consecutive home games, he will stay on his bench seat and sleep in the arena, waiting for the next game.

Paul1355

All Star
People underestimate how important Kidd will be to this team.

Once Lin went down last year we had Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby, and a 75% Baron Davis at best.

Davis was inconsistent and was hurt on and off. It took Bibby the whole season to find his shot. Douglas is terrible and needs to be traded.

What this means is we made the playoffs last year with only having Lin for a short amount of time and no legit backup.

Imagine what this team can do with a PG orchestrating the offense. With Lin and Kidd we have two for the whole season.

Think about this people.

Wargames

Starter
Kidd was a good move that only adds without subtracting anything from the team. If he is able to pass on some his PG smarts (which he has done a few times before) he could really help groom Lin into a career High Caliber starting PG (I feel he is a starter level now but honestly there was room for improvement).

Also if the knicks could get Camby I will be happy since a lot of people underestimate how important having Haywood behind Tyson was to the Mavs championship. It allowed Tyson to play even more aggressive on Defense since he knew his absence wouldn't negatively affect the Mavs at the 5.

Paul1355

All Star
Kidd was a good move that only adds without subtracting anything from the team. If the knicks could get Camby I will be happy since a lot of people underestimate how important having Haywood behind Tyson was to the Mavs championship. It allowed Tyson to play even more aggressive on Defense since he knew his absence wouldn't negatively affect the Mavs at the 5.

exactly, many times Tyson would not be as aggressive as usual on defense because he needed to save his energy and/or be careful he didnt pick up any fouls knowing that the team would suffer on defense without him....

The same goes on offense for Kidd spelling Lin. Lin was usually his aggressive self but could not always be as effective because the guy was playing 40 min a night..with Kidd as the backup, Lin can go full force when he is out there and not worry about the team sucking when he is not on the floor.

Having depth is key to being a good team. Helps in so many ways.

Wargames

Starter
exactly, many times Tyson would not be as aggressive as usual on defense because he needed to save his energy and/or be careful he didnt pick up any fouls knowing that the team would suffer on defense without him....

The same goes on offense for Kidd spelling Lin. Lin was usually his aggressive self but could not always be as effective because the guy was playing 40 min a night..with Kidd as the backup, Lin can go full force when he is out there and not worry about the team sucking when he is not on the floor.

Having depth is key to being a good team. Helps in so many ways.

your right Lin could defintely penetrate the paint more if he has little fear of drawing fouls. Hopefully that could lead to him getting more calls for himself as well.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I have the same feeling. In year 3 he will not be able to get up from the bench, so that if we ever have consecutive home games, he will stay on his bench seat and sleep in the arena, waiting for the next game.

:teeth: classic

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaa.......:lol:

Jason Kidd can never question whether or not Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki is really his friend. It seems before Kidd decided to head to New York, he was set on staying with Dirk and getting the most that he could out of a return engagement with the Dallas Mavericks.

Well a couple of funny things happened with that situation according to the Dallas News. The first was the Mavericks lost the Deron Williams sweepstakes and the second was that as a domino effect, Kidd got cold feet.

When he spoke with Nowitzki gave him a straight shot of honesty.

?I changed my mind, and Dirk understood,? Kidd said. ?When we talked, he said to go to New York.?

As stated, Deron Williams?s decision played a VERY big role in the outcome of why Kidd changed his mind.

?Deron, I thought he brought up some very valid points on why he didn?t go to Dallas,? Kidd said. ?If it?s just him and Dirk and something happens to Dirk, then Deron?s all alone.?

Certainly it could not have been just his backpedaling inner voice and Deron Williams that would push him into leaving a team he sat on the championship podium with.

?I went out to play golf and I just didn?t feel right,? Kidd said last week. ?I talked to my wife and to Jeff [Schwartz, his agent] and they both said, if you don?t feel comfortable, don?t do it.?

It seems that Kidd obviously didn?t take this decision lightly and spoke with his support system to ensure that heading to New York was the right thing to do.

Regardless of whether or not it was Dirk being a good bro or not, there is something very telling in the fact that he would not push Kidd into staying.

Is it that he doesn?t see Kidd?s contributions as being that vital? Or did he basically do his boy a solid and let him get off what could be a struggling Mavs train guilt free?

Those answers will continue to unveil themselves soon enough.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/a...itzki_told_jason_kidd_go_to_new_york/11179960

orangeblobman

Rotation player
No way was Dirk saying "we don't need you".

Dirk's a stand-up guy and he was telling him, "do what you gotta do, man, we understand".

p0nder

Starter
Just goes to show that Dirk and Kidd are stand up guys with a lot of class. You would love to have either of them on your team. Kidd will have as much effect on our back court as Tyson did on our front court. Knicks for 2 or 3 seed in the east.