2012-13 Tyson Chandler Player Performance and News thread

Was it f'd up that Tyson got DPOY and still got snubbed for AD 1st team?

• It was f'd.

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • It was not f'd.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • It was close enough between him and D12. Whatever.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I can smell virgins from great distances.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

tiger0330

Legend
Doesn't surprise me since he went right from the playoffs to training for the Olympics and winning the gold in London, I'm sure he wants the rest.

Always thought that he wouldn't benefit as much as Amare from the Dreams camp anyway. Amare has a better handle and a more similar game to the Dream than TC does.

Someone asked what Herb Williams does for the team, he should be working on a couple of go to post moves with TC like a short jump hook. For a coach that has been on a team so long why is it such a mystery as to what Williams does for the Knicks.

p0nder

Starter
Not surprised by the news but still disappointing. Would love for TC to add more offense to his game.

Amar'e will benefit from this time, i'm sure.

CoolClyde

@kevinlove: True story. I'd like you all to read. @tysonchandler @ESPNChrisPalmer http://t.co/4GDoEq7M

Nice story on Chandler and Kevin Love

sir yes sir. good story!

on another note, Chandler is skipping Hakeem's Dream camp to work with disadvantaged Tanzanian kids?
gawd, so selfish! j/k.

if Mr. DPOY dislocated his finger @Olympics, i'd rather see him rest and be ready for pre-season with Knicks.
A'mare can show him what he learned at camp.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
We don't need both chandler AND Amare working on post moves, Amare will benefit more from the post than Chandler will. Lets not take TYson Completely out his comfort zone he's not an offensive minded player. I'd like to see Tyson try and develop a little baby midrange jumper like Kurt thomas & marcus Camby it would open up the offense alot more for us.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Man Handler Chandler Swears Fealty To The King!?

(Tyson) Chandler also had kind words for LeBron James, his teammate in London. ?I have a different appreciation for LeBron,? he said of the Miami Heat star. ?Just watching him, competing against him. The biggest thing I take away is that he?s a natural leader. He doesn?t get credit for that, but he led us in many ways, demonstrated what winning was all about. We talked about how competitive the East is going to be. Ultimately, they are the champs and are going to be the champions until someone takes the crown away from them. ?

2Q==

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
BSPN - Chandler + Camby. They actually have a positive position on the Knicks!

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...-duo-at-center

Quote:
CHANDLER-CAMBY

1. Support: It's as simple as this: If any of the Knicks' perimeter players get beat, guess who's going to be backing them up? "As long as you have Tyson Chandler or Marcus Camby back there to protect the rim, it's a big help," a veteran NBA advance scout told ESPNNewYork.com. At basically every second of the game, Chandler or Camby should be on the court. While Chandler and Jared Jeffries was solid last season, Camby as a replacement will be better. Enough said.

2. Matchups: It's a given Chandler and Camby improve the Knicks' chances of making a deep playoff run. And if they're to match up with Miami, featuring the always artfully attacking LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, they'll need as many long arms, wits and skills as they can in the paint. That's what Chandler and Camby provide. Chandler alone did a great job of altering James and Wade's interior shots in 2011, which helped Dallas win their first championship. With an extra dosage of Camby, that's a promising sign. Then, if somehow the Knicks move on and face off with either the Lakers or Thunder in the Finals, they'll have to deal with Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard, or Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins, respectively. That's why it's a nice luxury to have both Chandler and Camby, especially when dealing with foul trouble. Just hopefully Camby, who turns 39 in March, will be healthy come May and perhaps even June.

3. Versatility: While Chandler and Camby side-by-side will limit the Knicks' offense some -- Amare Stoudemire would likely be on the bench in that scenario -- defensively, the team will be extra menacing down low. "They're both very mobile and so long," the scout said. "They might be able to play Chandler at center and have Camby guard a certain type of stretch forward, or vice versa." Of course, the opposing team's lineup and how the game is playing out will dictate when and how long Chandler and Camby could share the court together. But that intimidating option will always be in Mike Woodson's back pocket.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
With an NBA caliber center behind him, we will see a more aggressive Chandler. He had Brendan Haywood behind him in Dallas and commented that it allows him to be more aggressive, take more gambles. Let drivers know early on that he's there and don't try it in the 4th.

metrocard

Legend
It's going to be a long hard season, Chandler took a beating last year and Camby is at age.

It's just good to have both of them for security. Just wish we had a young big man to learn from them.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Chandler Speaks, We Listen

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...Dar5fFSCGfI?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

Here's the part that got me excited

Chandler and many of his teammates have been participating in informal workouts at the team?s practice facility. One additional set of eyes there this week has been Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon, who has been working with Chandler, Stoudemire and others on post moves.

Chandler said he?s already noticed a difference.

?They?re going great, man,? Chandler said. ?I couldn?t ask for a better supporting cast. I couldn?t ask for a better big man to be on my side to work with than Hakeem, to work on moves and be supportive and encourage me and practice them.?

He said he has noticed a different feeling around the facility, as the players get ready for training camp to kick off Monday.

?It?s a feeling that you have before you win,? he said. ?I?m excited about it.?

He also spoke on Rasheed potentially joining

?I hope he [comes],? Chandler said. ?I don?t know what the situation is, butHe?s a great communicator on defense and we know he can knock down the open 3 and jump shot.??

?To have myself and Amar?e [Stoudemire] with Marcus Camby and Rasheed as backups ... That?s pretty nice.?

KingCharles34

All Star
I only wish he gave Kurt thomas a shout out but besides that I applaud him and the team for the effort. Hakeem is that dude for helpin us out, im sure hes gettin paid alot though. Cant wait for the season to start, most of the East will be forced to bow down to the Knicks

CA7

Scoring Champ
I only wish he gave Kurt thomas a shout out but besides that I applaud him and the team for the effort. Hakeem is that dude for helpin us out, im sure hes gettin paid alot though. Cant wait for the season to start, most of the East will be forced to bow down to the Knicks

People just dont know how deep and good this team is

Go to scorer- Carmelo Anthony
2nd Option- Amar'e Stoudemire
PG rotation- Raymond Felton/Jason Kidd/Pablo Prigioni
Shooters- JR Smith and Steve Novak
Perimeter Defenders- Iman Shumpert and Ronnie Brewer
Interior Defenders- Tyson Chandler and Marcus Camby
Head Coach and Coaching Staff- Woodson and Co.

we're deep, locked and loaded ready for mutha****in war

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
icon9.gif

*sadly exits thread*

*signs on as MSGknickz33*

*Negs KingStarbury*

*Signs out for the night*

:lol: KT's still got game. I second that notion.

Loving Chandler's positivity. IMO, the Billups amnesty was worth it to get a leader the likes of The Man Handler. If he backs Sheed as an addition, there's no reason any of us could possibly have to doubt him.

chandler.jpeg

Legend.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Chandler has been at the Knicks' facility in Greenburgh along with Stoudemire working with Hakeem Olajuwon to implement post moves into his game. Chandler called Olajuwon "a great teacher."

"Obviously, his moves are great, but not everybody can incorporate their moves into teaching," Chandler said.

Chandler acknowledged that he and Stoudemire may struggle initially to implement the moves into their offensive attacks, but he feels confident they'll eventually be able to execute what Olajuwon has taught them.

"Our team is going to need us to have a post presence and we're going to work hard," he said.

On Stoudemire, Chandler said he can't wait to see him take the floor healthy this season. Stoudemire struggled with a back injury in the 2010-2011 offseason and was out of shape for the early portion of the 2011-12 season. He also suffered through the death of his brother. But he's healthy this season and optimistic about turning things around.

"He started this whole thing," Chandler said of Stoudemire, who signed with the Knicks in the summer of 2010. "The reason why we're here is because of him. The reason why I was willing to be a Knick is because of him. The reason why Melo was willing to be traded here was because of him. So I feel like we all have a little thanks to give to Amare.

"I'm looking for him being healthy and coming out with the championship together." http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...great-addition

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Keep the thread up, i always post information whether big or small (pause) in threads that are already open.

It's nice to see some new threads once in awhile, i'm just not a big thread creator.

were going to have a front court full of dream shakers!! i'm sure chandlers just learning the basics and Melo and Stat probably got more in depth with the post moves being taught, but i feel were going to shock alot of people, teams, players and coaches this season. Our guys are working hard this off-season, and thanks to Hakeem our Front court just got a whole lot better.

I think many are underestimating the POWER OF THE POST! these hakeem workout sessions just may have potentially opened up the path to a can of whoop a$$ on the court.

Last edited: