I've Said It Before and I'll Say It Again

petescud

Starter
I too don't see any championships in our future. Our owner is awful and i blame him for everything. I'm hoping we make the playoffs with this roster though i'm sure its an early exit anyways...I would had gotten something in trade for Lin and Fields. Without draft picks, letting young guys go and bringing in 40 year old players, we are degressing. Hope we are at least the best team in NY.. Wish Spike was on here, for his thoughts on this disaster

tiger0330

Legend
Felton's numbers, in the 18 games, since Mcmillan was fired:

46% FG
45% 3FG
14 pts
7.7 asts
3 TOs
Means nothing, RayRay has been up and down his whole career. Even with the Knicks he struggled at first and then got hot.

He's got a lot to prove after that year in Portland, he's worth 3M a year though.

I also wonder about his relationship with Woody since Woody is similar to Nate, Felton started off on the wrong foot with Nate coming into camp out of shape like he usually does and he never got out of Nate's doghouse after that.

iSaYughh

Starter
I pray that I am wrong, but I'm not. This is a team in disarray that got handled like a skinny woman in the playoffs. Then the team goes out and has probably the worst off-season anyone could have imagined: we added three 40 year olds and one fat, sloppy bastard while losing two young assets for nothing in return.

We shuffled some papers and built a nice little nostalgia squad and now the fans will have new jerseys to buy with names that make them feel like the Knicks are about something, when, in fact, they are about nothing. They're definitely not about basketball.

Lmao. Classic O'man post.

Truth to power. :beer:

And nice call in adding the part about losing Jeffries, too.

I hope we win the title this year, just like I hope I **** the hottest girl in the bar every time I go out.

But when I'm getting hit on by a 170lb beast with potmarks named Beatrice, I don't kid myself and go out onto the dancefloor with her and act like I'm dry humping a Victoria Secret model.

NewYorkInferno

Benchwarmer
I'll take a shot at Cp3. It's better then being handicapped by a over his head Greedy Lin who seemed to want to be a rocket. Get out Lin.

Peter

Benchwarmer
They let two guys walk and we got nothing in return. They chose to go with the over-payed, over-rated, over-hyped Melo-Smith tandem and they added three 40 year olds that will have limited, if any, impact on the team.

Disaster of an off-season.
Do you know whose idea it is? Woodson-ISO-minded coach. He is the one who love vet players from day one, has father-son relationship with JR, dont like lin and fields. So it is obvious who should go and who should stay.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'll take a shot at Cp3. It's better then being handicapped by a over his head Greedy Lin who seemed to want to be a rocket. Get out Lin.

There IS NO SHOT AT CP3. PERIOD.

We have NO ASSETS on this team. NONE. We have no draft picks and no expiring contracts that would be attractive to the Clippers in a trade.

We have no cap space because of the max contracts we gave out to Melo and Amar'e, not to mention Tyson Chandler's huge ass deal.

AND, under new cap rules, because we are OVER THE CAP, we cannot orchestrate a sign-and-trade for a player to come to our team.

There is absolutely zero possibility that Chris Paul comes to the Knicks. ZERO. He couldn't unless he took the Veteran's minimum salary.

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
I am pretty sure that's what Dolan said after he got nothing back for Fields and Lin.

How the **** did the man become a billionaire with such retarded brain?

Being the son of the founder is of cable vision.

How are we suppose to land cp3 when LAC got more young talent and can offer more money.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Being the son of the founder is of cable vision.

How are we suppose to land cp3 when LAC got more young talent and can offer more money.

Practically every single team in the league has more young talent than we do. We are an old team who jettisoned our young players for a bunch of old washed up roleplayers. We have no draft picks, no youth, and absolutely nothing to root for, and we sure as hell better PRAY PRETTY DAMN HARD that Woodson can find a way to make the Melo/Amar'e/Tyson ****show work.

wynton

Rookie
I agree with OP: Dolan virtually precludes a championship.

There was a brief moment of sanity when Donnie Walsh was authorized to be sensible. During that period, it actually looked like we had a plan.

This off-season proved that this organization has no clue. With the ability to retain Lin, the most obvious deficiency was at shooting guard, a deficiency that still has not been addressed.

If they thought Lin couldn't produce, they should have executed a sign/trade, at a minimum.

I don't see how people can be optimistic about this team, as currently constructed. It's unrealistic to expect improvement from players in their late 20s (not to mention late 30s). It's not realistic to expect Stat to return to his former standard. Woodson would have to be a miracle worker to get JR Smith and Melo really buy into a team approach and share the ball.

We might win a playoff series, but true championship contention with this crew is a pipe dream. So, all we can do is wait a few years when the team gets dismantled and hope that Dolan allows the next GM some latitude to put together an intelligent long-term plan, matching players than fit together well.

Not likely.

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
Practically every single team in the league has more young talent than we do. We are an old team who jettisoned our young players for a bunch of old washed up roleplayers. We have no draft picks, no youth, and absolutely nothing to root for, and we sure as hell better PRAY PRETTY DAMN HARD that Woodson can find a way to make the Melo/Amar'e/Tyson ****show work.
Agree!!!!
Sometime its really really hard to root for this team. When the team have something good going, the managements decide to mess everything up.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer

The only logical explanation is that Dolan believes this team can win now.

Why else would you stock your team up with old (really old) vets who have at most one or two years left? We've traded away our picks for guys like TMac and we have no trading chips.

Melo, for all his talents, has yet to advance his team past the first round in eight tries. What's going to make this year an exception to the rule?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The only logical explanation is that Dolan believes this team can win now.

Why else would you stock your team up with old (really old) vets who have at most one or two years left? We've traded away our picks for guys like TMac and we have no trading chips.

Melo, for all his talents, has yet to advance his team past the first round in eight tries. What's going to make this year an exception to the rule?

Which, again, makes not matching Lin's offer sheet make even LESS sense.

If this team needs to win NOW then it needs to put the best possible players on the floor in the next three years. If this team has to win now, then **** the future...**** young players...get the best team you can NOW, pay the ****ing luxury tax, and COMPETE!

Instead, because they don't want to pay luxury tax in that third year, they get a crappier PG instead? That's what WINNING NOW is all about. The Celtics traded an ASSLOAD of their young players and picks away to get Kevin Garnett. They're not going to win anytime soon. But they mortgaged their future away because they wanted to win while Pierce was still in his prime, so they put together the Big 3 and they won. They said screw it to the salary cap and the franchise's finances, and put the best team on the floor.

We didn't. We could've had a better team on the floor if only Dolan was willing to dig a little deeper into his pockets. But he wasn't, and for that reason, we have a mediocre starting PG, no SG, and frankly, no championship aspirations whatsoever. Hopefully in five years after Melo/Amar'e come off the contract books and the Knicks start to tank it and finally get a draft pick here or there, they can win a championship, but it's not happening with Raymond Felton at the point, and it's not happening with Carmelo Anthony as the star.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Which, again, makes not matching Lin's offer sheet make even LESS sense.

If this team needs to win NOW then it needs to put the best possible players on the floor in the next three years. If this team has to win now, then **** the future...**** young players...get the best team you can NOW, pay the ****ing luxury tax, and COMPETE!

Instead, because they don't want to pay luxury tax in that third year, they get a crappier PG instead? That's what WINNING NOW is all about. The Celtics traded an ASSLOAD of their young players and picks away to get Kevin Garnett. They're not going to win anytime soon. But they mortgaged their future away because they wanted to win while Pierce was still in his prime, so they put together the Big 3 and they won. They said screw it to the salary cap and the franchise's finances, and put the best team on the floor.

We didn't. We could've had a better team on the floor if only Dolan was willing to dig a little deeper into his pockets. But he wasn't, and for that reason, we have a mediocre starting PG, no SG, and frankly, no championship aspirations whatsoever. Hopefully in five years after Melo/Amar'e come off the contract books and the Knicks start to tank it and finally get a draft pick here or there, they can win a championship, but it's not happening with Raymond Felton at the point, and it's not happening with Carmelo Anthony as the star.

Agreed, the Big 3 has 3 years left on their contracts, Kidd and Camby signs for 3 years. Looks great, 3 year window to try and win it all....then the carpet gets pulled by not matching Lin. You go balls to the wall to win inside this 3 year window, that's been set up.

Wargames

Starter

Camby was a good move though... He allows the knicks to operate defensively without the fear of Tyson fouling out, he can play the 4 for defensive purposes and it kept him the f*ck away from the Heat.

Kidd...eeehhhh bad move but he is still better than TD

Flight and Copeland look good ... of course it goes without saying that if they're too good the knicks will lose them and at best could keep one if he decides to sign for the mini MLE.

Felton better start the season in shape ... Its crazy how much weight he added since his days in college.

On a brighter side Dolan may have cost MSG company $305 million maybe the losses will extend to cablevision and he will consider selling the team since it will show him that the Knicks doing bad can affect his bottom line....

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I think the Kidd signing looked a lot better when we thought we would have Lin next season. But now, you basically have him mentoring...Raymond Felton? A guy with so much drive and work ethic that, in a contract year, ate his way out of what could have been the biggest deal of his career.

I think we're putting a lot of expectations on Kidd and it reminds me of our big hopes for Baron Davis last year. Granted, Kidd is on another level than BDiddy, but the situation is similar.

Kurt Thomas doesn't really count, I'm surprised he's still alive and flat out shocked he's still on an NBA roster.

Camby is Camby, he had a decent season last year, I guess, but I wonder why he keeps getting tossed around the league and, at 38, he might be on the last deal of his career.

We're essentially a graveyard.

Agreed, now Kidd is useless, pretty sure Camby didn't sign up for this.

Kiyaman

Legend
Look some moves are questionable but I think it works out for us as old as we have gotten we've still got some youth and athleticism
Have some faith negative Nancy

Some moves were more than questionable ........

For some UNKNOWN reason we gave away our YOUTH .. Lin/Fields/Shump were the Knicks young future backcourt....receiving a great leadership tutor in Jason Kidd to show the young-trio the ropes throughout the 2012-13 season.

Lets talk Melo .. the Denver Nuggets young players were slowly pushing Melo out the back-door with the help of ole-man Billups.
Truth be said....Im very interested in seein Denver's young transition lineup of
C-McGee/F-Faried/F-W.Chandler/SG-Affalo/PG-Lawson