Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets (2014/12/02)

I don't care what anyone says, a trio of Melo, Stat, and Calderon as your three best players is not a great team, but it should be good enough to at least be in play to be a 0.500 team. It's the rest of this roster that is suspect in my mind right now and making us a bottom three lottery team.

Some people have questioned what Calderon can do for this team. Tonight he is 5 of 6 from 3 point range with 8 assists and only 1 turnover. He is not a good defensive player, but he is definitely a useful player in this system if the rest of the roster can be brought up to snuff.

Don't hang this one on Coach Fisher. He was trying to do what Woodson refused to do, call a freakin timeout to setup the final play. Instead, we get no legs Melo missing on a three and another heartbreaking loss.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo Melo Melo same bull last year with Woodson, Woodson got the blame for not calling the time-out for Melo BALL HOGGING
Fisher yelling time-out!!!!

Well, for the people rooting for the lottery, you're getting what you want. We are a bottom 3 team. Philly is the worst by a mile, but then it's us and Detroit. Miserable season.

petescud

Starter
Sadly both of Melo's chucks looked like Dalembert taking the final 3's....ouch....next year can't come quick enough. I'm hoping we can get rid of Melo in a trade too (long as it brings us some decent players)

mafra

Legend
Don't hang this one on Coach Fisher. He was trying to do what Woodson refused to do, call a freakin timeout to setup the final play. Instead, we get no legs Melo missing on a three and another heartbreaking loss.

Melo fails to deliver... Again. Missing everything down the stretch. 7-22 and 1-7 from 3. 22 shots to get us 20 points. THjr and Shump 5-18. 18 shots to get us 11 points.

Toss in the 30 offensive rebounds we allowed, or something close to that.

1 more ping-pong baby. I knew I could count on Shump. His shooting slump will prob last 3 months.

Kiyaman

Legend
Some people have questioned what Calderon can do for this team. Tonight he is 5 of 6 from 3 point range with 8 assists and only 1 turnover. He is not a good defensive player, but he is definitely a useful player in this system if the rest of the roster can be brought up to snuff.

Calderon got used to passing to players moving without the ball under Dallas Mavs coach Rick Carlyle.
These Knicks players dont move around without the ball or pick or screen for players with or without the ball.
Calderon gets BIG Props for this game.

tiger0330

Legend
Melo fails to deliver... Again. Missing everything down the stretch. 7-22 and 1-7 from 3. 22 shots to get us 20 points. THjr and Shump 5-18. 18 shots to get us 11 points.

Toss in the 30 offensive rebounds we allowed, or something close to that.

1 more ping-pong baby. I knew I could count on Shump. His shooting slump will prob last 3 months.
Find a different way to lose every night it seems. Today it was the second chance opportunities, another night ice cold 3 pt shooting or allowing the other team 25 FTS while taking 10. I was waiting for Calderon to come back before calling this team bad, they're not just bad they suck.

Kiyaman

Legend
http://www.tankathon.com/ ya'll realize that if the knicks tank this season they have a chance to get a franchise big player in Karl Towns or Jahil Okafor?

Im a 40 year Knicks Fan who will never wish BAD-LUCK on any star performance college player by hoping the mismanage Knicks organization draft them.
Everytime I see Patrick Ewing sad looking face sitting on the next teams coaching-staff bench, I say to myself Ewing should've been in the 1984 super-star draft class after winning the NCAA Championship MVP, instead of staying another year in college.

Kiyaman

Legend
Find a different way to lose every night it seems. Today it was the second chance opportunities, another night ice cold 3 pt shooting or allowing the other team 25 FTS while taking 10. I was waiting for Calderon to come back before calling this team bad, they're not just bad they suck.

The Knicks wasnt sucking the final 4 minutes of the game when they kept the ball out of the $124M man hands, Calderon, Amare, Cole, and Shump went on a home-court run to turn a Nets 14 pt lead into a 3 pt lead with one minute left in the game. The two times the $124M man touched the ball was a disaster.
When Fisher yelled time-out, and the official turned twice to look at Fisher .. Melo also heard the time-out too.

Why a 7-22 shooting Melo inbound the ball so quick, plus had no intention of calling time-out when he cross the half-court line has a lot to do with not scoring a point in the final 6 minutes of the Knicks come-back, plus a time-out would've had Fisher design a play for Calderon to take the last shot.

JRsmith got a DNP .. when JR dont play, Melo plays to lose. When Melo dont play, JR plays to lose, visa-versa.
The two players did this act in Denver, until Last-Shot Billups became a Nuggets.
Why do u think Billups was amnestied, and JR was sign that season.

Last edited: