Emergency Game Thread: Charlotte@Knicks: 1/10/2015

tiger0330

Legend
Only reason for the Knicks to play is to play the young guys. Early, Galloway and Wear should get major minutes at the expense of vets like Calderon. The Knicks have 2 new players in Thomas and Amundson on 10 day contracts.

PJ said he's sorry about this season and he's in rebuild mode and there is a hint that he may not try to hit a home run in FA by signing big names that are older and may rebuild with young players which is what I suggested and I agree.

tiger0330

Legend
Calderon 1-6 after that crap game the other night. He really has no future on this team, I expect him to be traded by the deadline. He could help some playoff team with that 3 pt shooting in the playoffs.

Still a close game early in the 2nd quarter, but at this point, you just wait for the other team to start pulling away.

Took about 6 minutes of 2nd quarter game time for us to go from down by 5 to down by 21. We have no offense and only minimal defense. Terrible team.

tiger0330

Legend
22-4 run by Charlotte and the same old problems. Giving up too many pts in the paint, lack of FTs and shooting too many jumpers. Had a dog like that one time, couldn't train him for crap, had to get rid of the mutt. These Knicks are like that, is it the coaching, the players or the system though?

22-4 run by Charlotte and the same old problems. Giving up too many pts in the paint, lack of FTs and shooting too many jumpers. Had a dog like that one time, couldn't train him for crap, had to get rid of the mutt. These Knicks are like that, is it the coaching, the players or the system though?

My vote is for all of the above. Losing 62 - 31 at the half.

tiger0330

Legend
The scoring aside, Charlotte is another team that's bottom in the league in scoring but the Knicks let them score like they're the Warriors. Defense is effort and coaching and you can't make the excuse that the guys are tired with the subs that Fisher uses and as young as they are. Tells you that coaching staff sucks, another fail by Jackson hiring these stooges he's worked with in the past like Rambis and Clemens.

If JVG was the coach the defense would not be this bad. He would not accept this and kick some ass if they didn't play defense.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
What futility they haven't scored 20 pts in any qtr. Important minutes for the young guys, they'll get an extended audition to see what potential they have as NBA players but so far no one as been a stand out and Early, Hardaway and Galloway have as good a chance as being out of the league in a couple of years as being in it.

This has to be the worst loss by any team in the NBA this season, right? Dolan has been very patient this season, but man, must he trust PJ with what games like this could do to his bottom line.

tiger0330

Legend
This has to be the worst loss by any team in the NBA this season, right? Dolan has been very patient this season, but man, must he trust PJ with what games like this could do to his bottom line.
Dolan would be worried about that if he had empty seats in the arena. I read that someone predicted he would lose some ad revenue because of how they were playing but if people are willing to pay $200+ to watch them in person how many viewers is he going to lose when people watch for nothing.

They did cancel some national TV games so it does have some impact but he's got a money machine with the Knicks no matter how bad the team is.

tiger0330

Legend
Pity the poor fans in London who are probably mostly Knicks fans, they paid for their tickets well in advance so they're going to have to grin and bear this god awful Knicks team. Maybe Melo and Stat who will probably play can will this team to a surprise win against the Bucks.

Kmart is back on a 10 day playing for his old running mate JKidd. I said JKidd would give him a job as an asst not as a player and I think this 10 day is a step in that direction.