Is anyone really excited about Jahill Okafor?

After watching the ncaa championship game....who really thinks winning this lottery is a big deal? Better to get Okafor at 1 then Kaminski at 5? Or Winslow at 3 or 4? This isnt 1985. No Patrick Ewing here. In fact, a lottery win may hurt.

Kaminksky is probably not even a top 15 pick, let alone a pick at 5. Winslow likely won't go until 5th at the earliest. Regardless, I get your point, and I agree that winning the lottery isn't as big a deal as I think Towns, Mudiay, Russell, and Okafor would all be exciting to draft.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kaminksky is probably not even a top 15 pick, let alone a pick at 5. Winslow likely won't go until 5th at the earliest. Regardless, I get your point, and I agree that winning the lottery isn't as big a deal as I think Towns, Mudiay, Russell, and Okafor would all be exciting to draft.

Kaminsky will turn out to be a fine hustling NBA PF .. Top 10 pick for-sure

Okafor is the real-deal NBA PF/C .. Number #1 pick for-sure

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Jahil Okafor reminds me of Eddy Curry and Townes is very raw who as played limited minutes... I like Cliff Alexander out of Kansas, I think he has as much potential as Townes and Okafor and could help the knicks in the paint.

Paul1355

All Star
After watching the ncaa championship game....who really thinks winning this lottery is a big deal? Better to get Okafor at 1 then Kaminski at 5? Or Winslow at 3 or 4? This isnt 1985. No Patrick Ewing here. In fact, a lottery win may hurt.
Okafor could be overrated but his footwork as a big man is exceptional at only 19. No matter what he is going to be a post threat for his entire career. But a center needs to be able to defend the paint and hit his free throws or else he won't be relied upon late in games.

I like the idea of getting Winslow with the 4th pick. I have a separate thread on why the Knicks will draft Winslow. He can do everything and has an NBA body and guard multiple positions. He is Phil's dream of a player in the triangle. A defensive minded strong athletic forward that can pass and score. Plus high energy guy.

This is quickly becoming the thread I view to feel better about being a Knicks fan right now. I like talking about how it is a blessing to get the 4th pick because it protects us from picking the wrong guy and Winslow, who should be available at 4, is really the guy we should have wanted all along. This is the feel good thread of the board.